PDA

View Full Version : High Performance Power Modlude +15bhp increase

aussiemale
18-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Has anyone heard about High performance power Module any good?

rayb3na_
18-12-2008, 05:44 PM
is this one of those power chip things that you get off ebay?

aussiemale
18-12-2008, 05:49 PM
is this one of those power chip things that you get off ebay?

yes that's it , Do you have one?

mars_panas
18-12-2008, 05:54 PM
don't get it...

that's all i can say

xntrik
18-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Roflmao

T-onedc2
18-12-2008, 05:56 PM
For me if ebay is involved with unknown brand car mods then run, run far away. Stick with tried and proven gear.

It probably alters the fuel map in some way, and you'll likely use more fuel. Stick with stock ecu until you do more serious mods, then get Hondata or similar.

Riced_Civic
19-12-2008, 07:48 AM
funnier everytime i see newcomers post these stupid question.

JasonGilholme
19-12-2008, 07:55 AM
oh dear.

really puts a bad stereotype on all us aussie males....

Its a cheap junky ebay mod. probably just puts a resistor inline with something to trick the computer into putting more fuel in.

*sigh*

Limbo
19-12-2008, 12:06 PM
i had one, work great NOT.
Dunno i never installed it and then just sold it back to someone else so can't say.
From what most people say it just tricks the AFM to reading more air, puts more fuel into the car, and hopefully will give more power. That's the theory

Rice_4_life
19-12-2008, 12:11 PM
it's great I suggest anyone to buy it, greatest mod ever, blew my engine conversion out of the water, pfft **** DOHC 1.6l b16 I'd take a carby and 4 of these mother ****ers any day of the week, hell I'll even weld some to my rocker cover and get another 60bhp !! mother ****er that's better than a turbo ! Get one like I did, I crap my pants every time I step on the gas, I almost ran a cat over in reverse cos that's how much power it has !!!

aussiemale
19-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Everyone sounds like they're fooling us

mrwillz
19-12-2008, 03:37 PM
it makes my vtec sound like a turbo

SHOGUNOVDDRK
19-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Honestly, dont waste your money or time on these.

Someone lend me one for my engine so i can see if i can pull 15bhp from my Carby alone?

Type S Tony
19-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Hahah, this is funny!

Min988
21-12-2008, 09:05 AM
There not just them cheap chip things on the market claiming crazy shit, I seen the super water oxygen converters claiming 20 percent increase on fuel effiecency, people run 2 x neverfail water tanks in the boot to convert water (H20)to H x 2 and 0 X 1 using electricity from a car battery to increase oxygen available to the engine. The testimonials are the classics. Simple rule if its too good to be true, it really is.

beeza
21-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Yeah,just dumps more fuel,which makes your car run rich.May be ok for a while but will inevitably lead to fouling up the 02 sensor and the sensors on the Throttle Body (TPS,Map sensor,IACV).Then your stuck with trying to find the problem.I went through this.It was a real pain in the ass! and cost me money too BUT the positive that came from it is that I now know my engine very well :)

The confusion lies in that when you first put it in,it feels like it works! cause all it's doing is dumping more fuel which gives it the bump in power,so really it does BUT running too rich for too long will cause you other problems down the track.

beeza
21-12-2008, 10:01 AM
There not just them cheap chip things on the market claiming crazy shit, I seen the super water oxygen converters claiming 20 percent increase on fuel effiecency, people run 2 x neverfail water tanks in the boot to convert water (H20)to H x 2 and 0 X 1 using electricity from a car battery to increase oxygen available to the engine. The testimonials are the classics. Simple rule if its too good to be true, it really is.

How heavy would 2 neverfail water tanks be in ya boot!!

aussiemale
21-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks for information Guys

kraiye
21-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah,just dumps more fuel,which makes your car run lean.May be ok for a while but will inevitably lead to fouling up the 02 sensor and the sensors on the Throttle Body (TPS,Map sensor,IACV).Then your stuck with trying to find the problem.I went through this.It was a real pain in the ass! and cost me money too BUT the positive that came from it is that I now know my engine very well :)

The confusion lies in that when you first put it in,it feels like it works! cause all it's doing is dumping more fuel which gives it the bump in power,so really it does BUT running too lean for too long will cause you other problems down the track.
i think you mean 'rich', not 'lean' yeah?

beeza
22-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Yes! Fixed.Cheers Kraiye :)

Crapdaz
22-12-2008, 11:57 AM
rofl reckon it's a hoax gadget.

VTECMACHINE
22-12-2008, 01:25 PM
yes that's it , Do you have one?

Yes, it is awesome. I gained 30-40 kW at the wheels, and now have more torque than an STi. How ever, a light is coming up on my dash reading "Danger to the manifold", and the steel grate I have on the floor of my car keeps falling off. Does everyones steel grates fall off every now and then?

* This information may be false

kraiye
22-12-2008, 03:35 PM
yeah man mine is always falling off when i 'granny shift' my 100 shot. pfff stupid thing

VTECMACHINE
22-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I think that could be your Motec exhaust man.

dc4t
22-12-2008, 10:12 PM
it's great I suggest anyone to buy it, greatest mod ever, blew my engine conversion out of the water, pfft **** DOHC 1.6l b16 I'd take a carby and 4 of these mother ****ers any day of the week, hell I'll even weld some to my rocker cover and get another 60bhp !! mother ****er that's better than a turbo ! Get one like I did, I crap my pants every time I step on the gas, I almost ran a cat over in reverse cos that's how much power it has !!!

....?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
23-12-2008, 01:23 AM

"This message brought to you by our corporate sponsor's Ebay and 'High Performance Power Modlude +15bhp increase'"

To add to the bold i was driving tonight in the new car and almost hit a Kangaroo while entering the Drift Universe.

I guess he welded on those things to the suspension?

VTECMACHINE
23-12-2008, 08:06 AM
They are quite cool! I can now hit VTEC in reverse at negative 3000RPM. and my VTEC spools at negative 1000RPM going forward. It's just plain awesome!!!

kraiye
24-12-2008, 12:19 PM
spoooling VTEC
hahaha

nomcice
27-12-2008, 12:09 PM
from what ive heard its a resister that tells the ecu the air is colder than it actually is, therefore compensating with more fuel

beeza
27-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Bingo!

integral90
27-12-2008, 05:27 PM
They are quite cool! I can now hit VTEC in reverse at negative 3000RPM. and my VTEC spools at negative 1000RPM going forward. It's just plain awesome!!!

You're lucky you didn't blow the welds on the intake, you could'a blown yourself to pieces!

A-man
27-12-2008, 09:53 PM
i dont think u guys get it hey..... how does MORE FUEL give u more power... wouldnt LESS fuel give u more power so how did this guy blow his engine when his car is running RICH...

u guys are pullin the piss out of this guy who askin a genuine question and u guys dont know urself...

rbk_212
28-12-2008, 09:34 AM
ahhh.... since when does less fuel give more power....?

so big injectors, fuel pumps and ecu fuel systems are just a gimmick are they?

A-man
28-12-2008, 10:34 AM
no there so that u can maintain a correct afr... if ur duty is to much then ur injectors are at its max therefore u put bigger in so they dont have to work as hard

the fuel pump is upgraded to maintain flow to ensure the fuel rail maintains pressure..

a restriction to flow =pressure the fuel pressure reg is the restriction this in turn maintains a pressure but if u have bigger injectors then u need a higher volume pump....

ecus r there to maintain the engines optimum SAFE running settings to keep the AFR in range and prevent detonation....

the reason u need all this stuff in the first place is because ur increasing the volumetric effiency of the engine which means its using more air therefore more fuel is required to keep it from blowing up.....

diesel engines work backwards more diesel more power thats y when u see tractor pulls etc. and theres heaps of black smoke out the exhaust its because its workin hard

this is what im talking about instead of BSing someone how bout helping them instead of wasting peoples time about 'spooling vtec' or some other shit because u dont know what ur talking about

not saying this direct to anyone just a reference i looked at

DLO01
28-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Why do beathing mods offer gains over stock? Because your increasing air flow. What does this then to your afr? Its this window with an aftermarket ecu that enables you to gain the most out of your setup.

A-man
28-12-2008, 10:56 AM
exactly otherwise we would b running round with 2000cc injectors on stock engines.... noobs....

rbk_212
28-12-2008, 01:02 PM
^ yes i understand the principles of car tuning and that you only need incrased fuel supply to maintain the ratio, i was just pointing out that more fuel is needed when you have more power. :)

VTECMACHINE
29-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Sluightly more fuel, with breather mods is great :)

Limbo
29-12-2008, 01:01 PM
all depends on the setup.
If you run more air with more fuel you will make more power.
In the stock intake there is always abit more air you can gain so in theory you should be able to take advantage of the extra fuel.

As its a cheap way of dumping fuel it will not always be accurate and you may gain more top end, but you may bog down low.

Its just a toy end of the day and it might work for you or it may not, for $15 have fun:thumbsup:

i dont think u guys get it hey..... how does MORE FUEL give u more power... wouldnt LESS fuel give u more power so how did this guy blow his engine when his car is running RICH...

u guys are pullin the piss out of this guy who askin a genuine question and u guys dont know urself...

beeza
29-12-2008, 01:04 PM
But it may cause other problems down the track,like it did me...

90LAN
29-12-2008, 01:23 PM
i used one of these gave me 30hp
but i had too much wheelspin
so i decided to take it out
no more wheelspin now lol

A-man
29-12-2008, 06:42 PM
another good comment from the peanut gallery...

what happened in ur situation? beeza

beeza
30-12-2008, 09:03 AM
It led to fouling up a few things,the 02 sensor,all TB sensors which was a real pain to find and fix.Also it made the car surge/hesitate down low and then kick in up high.It really ran crap.The first year I had it in it was good,giving the car a bit more fuel but then it started to cause a lot of headaches.
I was told it could lead to burning the valves out.I didn't have that problem but I certainly had a lot of other really annoying problems.

Limbo
30-12-2008, 09:17 AM
running rich usually fouls up plugs quicker & can cause o2 sensors to go faster but i don't think it would burn your valves.

You have to rem that most turbo cars run rich to keep them cool and reduce the chances of detonation. On low rpm it will cause hesitation as your flooding the motor. Overall it won't be that much as your stock ECU will limit the amount of work.

An easier way would be to just unplug your o2 sensor. LOL

If you change your plugs regularly you should be fine.
If your doing long distance travelling then yeh you can unhook it. You can always just set it up with a simple switch to turn it on-off

A-man
30-12-2008, 06:30 PM
yeh good point...

if u wana c what happens clamp the return line of ur fuel rail this will increase ur rail pressure and the same sort of thing will happen... unless its tuned then its not gonna do anything for u... however clamping also pushes ur injectors more then it needs to for example the spray pattern, injector wear corosion of the needle etc.

bennjamin
30-12-2008, 06:34 PM
i didnt realize clamping the soft return to the fuel tank does anything. This is what aftermarket fuel pressure regulators are designed for.

A-man
30-12-2008, 09:14 PM
u dont gotta spend 500 bucks to get the same affect... dependin how u do it it wont damage the line.... especially if u do it for just a 1/4mile or something

beeza
30-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Well the DIY king has gotta Love Dat!!!

bennjamin
30-12-2008, 09:45 PM
u dont gotta spend 500 bucks to get the same affect... dependin how u do it it wont damage the line.... especially if u do it for just a 1/4mile or something

no you dont , you attach a pressure guide to the fuel filter , and with the engine on you tap a few dents in the OEM fuel pressure regulator. Give ita few psi more and you will (combined with a light advance in timing) get more power. Cost = $0.

Dont clamp your fuel return hose ,this isnt effective and not safe.

beeza
30-12-2008, 09:53 PM
hehehe,benny never fails to impress!

Gio
31-12-2008, 09:30 AM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/chrisgiovine/polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail.jpg

ZeForce
31-12-2008, 02:00 PM
This thread fails.....

geeang
31-12-2008, 05:53 PM
no you dont , you attach a pressure guide to the fuel filter , and with the engine on you tap a few dents in the OEM fuel pressure regulator. Give ita few psi more and you will (combined with a light advance in timing) get more power. Cost = $0.

Dont clamp your fuel return hose ,this isnt effective and not safe.

This is exactly what they do at Hanny's, they tep a few dents in to increase pressure. :wave:

A-man
31-12-2008, 06:04 PM
its good to c that we have evidence that we evolved from monkeys....