PDA

View Full Version : wtf squeeling sound from left front wheel

MWAKU
18-12-2008, 11:21 PM
k i own a vtir 99 prelude

no suspension mods nothing.

i was on my way home from mates house, and i had my passenger side window down, and could hear this "sqqreehhh" sound *lol*. Its like a grinding/scratching noise. It was pretty loud, and i alrdy have squeeling brakes..

Sounded like some caught in the tyres/ or like i had no tyres and rims scraping on the road. So i got to inspect, and its too dark to see shit all, so i drove and got my mate to put his head out and see. Saw nothing..

He said probably something stuck in the wheel, or something like that. This has never happened before, and it occurs when im going straight. Its like on and off. After about 10mins, it stopped, but was really faint on occassions.

So it be like "sqqhheeehhhh ... sqehh .. sqehh.. sqqqqeeeeeeehhhh". And if i accelerate more, its happens more often, and continous until i stop accelerating. Happened a few times when i brake..

any ideas? going to take it to mechanic too see if anything serious.. though, it has stopped and not happening anymore? anyone had this experience?

Read through the other thread, not really the same i guess.

Its like a metal grinding sound. My gf thinks his from when we were at livo earlier in the nite, and i went over a speedbump at westfields too fast.. but couldn't hear it as music was too loud to notice (we had a full car, so everyone was talking). 'Cause as i left mates house.. music was quiet so yeah..

rayb3na_
18-12-2008, 11:30 PM
bearings..

MWAKU
18-12-2008, 11:32 PM
easy fix or nah? serious or ill be fine driving it up to justins mech 2morw?

rayb3na_
18-12-2008, 11:46 PM
yeah take it to their place its not hard to fix lol

MWAKU
18-12-2008, 11:46 PM
ahh aorite thanks :)

Gio
19-12-2008, 05:45 AM
LOL dont listen to him.

Save yourself some money and check the brake cover first, most likley you have a rock/stick caught inbetween your brake and the brake cover.

Take off both mofo wheels and get your head under there and check the ****ers.

55EXX
19-12-2008, 05:57 AM
or your brake pads are low

Crapdaz
19-12-2008, 06:26 AM
check your pads,
check for pebbles stuck in between pads & rotor, <-- occurred on my euro front right wheel on a quiet night, was bloody loud scrrrrrccchh*
check brake dust shield is not rubbing
if all of those fails then look into your wheel bearings.

uniorj
19-12-2008, 07:34 AM
yeah maybe your pads are low.

check your brake pads to see if there is any meat left on them.

MWAKU
20-12-2008, 05:03 PM
LOL yeah, my brake pads are like 1-2mm on all four wheels.. so i gotta fix em so yeah. my mech checked it out

it was just the brakes, when it comes close together it made the sound, and then i brake and it releases after braking it stopped. bt yeah sounds gone, thanks guy!

baeshin
20-12-2008, 08:30 PM
yeah the brake pads would have an indicator on them which will scratch the disc when pads are worn

MWAKU
20-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah, trying not to drive it atm, don't want to have to machine the disks later so yeah.

55EXX
20-12-2008, 10:58 PM
or your brake pads are low

my instant first guess. such a noob question. first point of call when there is a squeek noise. serious problems have a more powerful deeper noise. i sugest you get something like bendix ultimate etc. good upgrade one otherwise oem. dont bother with cheap ones.

uniorj
21-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Well it was in the noob section so I can't see anything wrong with the question.

Glad you got it sorted.