PDA

View Full Version : I am new here!

autocross civic EG 6
19-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 94 Civic EG6 Sir B16a ex rally car. ( I hope I got the model terminology / description right ?) I intend to campaign it in the Victorian Club Autocross Series next year in the up to 1600cc modified class. ( I ran in the series this year in a Swift GTI )
The Civic was professionally built from a seam welded shell and has lots of good bits including fully adjustable rose jointed suspension ,adjustable ride height, Motec ECU, Kaaz 1.5 LSD, Velo carbon fibre seats, a full FIA standard roll cage, pedal box, braided lines, light pod, etc etc Mechanically the car has been very well maintained however 19 rallies over 10 years at Vic and Australian Championship level means it is a very long way from anyone's definition of immaculate . The car is totally stripped out internally and a combination of solid engine mounts,a very "grabby" clutch, a relatively stiff suspension, noisy exhaust , noisy rally tyres etc means trips to events are best traversed on a trailer if you want to avoid fatigue and a headache.
I am 59 years old (or should that be young?) and am a bit of a motorsport tragic as I am in about my 41st year of competition (gulp). I have a few other "sporty" cars however the Honda is the one that gets my pulse going a bit quicker and reminds me I am still alive.....

90LAN
19-12-2008, 10:52 PM
cool mate we need pics welcome

niiCk
19-12-2008, 11:03 PM
its blue right?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
20-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Welcome to Ozhonda :wave:

I heart the SSS
20-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Welcome dude - Nice to see someone like E240 - with a professional racing career. Not just race warz / Old pac mountain assult.

Please post some pics and vids up! Would love to pick your brain on driving techniques !

- Justin

tiksie
20-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Sounds really interesting!

Looking forward to photos + vids (if any) :D

Welcome to OzHonda!

autocross civic EG 6
20-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the welcome people. Yep the car is blue Niick.