PDA

View Full Version : ...........................................

underbelly
20-12-2008, 11:22 AM

niiCk
20-12-2008, 11:52 AM
when we were installing one into my cousins car, he said the same thing. But we tried installing it without keeping the stock head unit connected and everything worked fine, the key less entry, everything. So im pretty sure it'll still work

Raztaz
20-12-2008, 01:51 PM
The keyless entry headunit was usdm models. Our one is linked to the ignition barrel and immobilizer, I rang honda about it a while ago

saikou27
20-12-2008, 04:39 PM
i have a good guide on how to install head units in civics with keyless enrty. if you pm me i'd be happy to email it to you because its a pdf

Mugen Civic
20-12-2008, 11:18 PM
true, it was only the US model civics thats like that

dahon
20-12-2008, 11:37 PM
^^ agree with above
its only if u have that thing located on the roof near the rear view mirror...
but i heard it has to do with it being linked to a OEM factory alarm system, not just the keyless system...
anyways good luck with it... there are a couple of guides on the net:
heres one - http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/Civic.html

good luck... buy a harness adaptor (from jb hifi or car audio shop) instead of splicing cos it gets messy lolz

Gio
21-12-2008, 03:20 PM
The keyless entry headunit was usdm models. Our one is linked to the ignition barrel and immobilizer, I rang honda about it a while ago

Deserves a rep point imo.

good advice

Raztaz
22-12-2008, 01:49 PM
that red flashing light is "anti theft" system. If power is ever lost to the headunit (e.g. it gets stolen out of ur car, you take out ur car bat) and when u plug it back up again and turn it on it will ask for a passcode to be reactivated before it can be used

dahon
22-12-2008, 04:14 PM
hahaha sorry its hard to describe... its like a little console unit that sits on the roof... dont think many civics have em here but ive seen one around that does... it basically holds the sensor for the OEM alarm system hehehe
anyways... did u get it installed?

Raztaz
22-12-2008, 06:55 PM
hahaha sorry its hard to describe... its like a little console unit that sits on the roof... dont think many civics have em here but ive seen one around that does... it basically holds the sensor for the OEM alarm system hehehe
anyways... did u get it installed?

id describe it as a spherical type shaped object lol, which is mounted on that plastic bit where the rear view mirror is held to the roof.

dahon
22-12-2008, 11:05 PM
well id say more round than spherical... LOL
its where... um u know those vanity lights would normally be...

dahon
27-12-2008, 10:58 PM
nope dood.. Prefacelift and facelift guides are the same.. U have to remove glovebox to remove the panel the holds the fuses/wiring under steering wheel and also to remove the centre console.. It's not that hard to do anyway.. 5 screws max and the rest are just clips.. Takes 2hrs tops man..

Raztaz
28-12-2008, 11:28 AM
well at least you know its harder to steal ur headunit! Its held in from behind/under so u WILL need to take all that stuff off to get to it
Its a honda after all...lol

dahon
28-12-2008, 01:18 PM
trudat its a handful but yeh... as raz says its harder to steal right? hehehe
and also looks more flush than other cars... compared to my camrys headunit it looks more of a stock fit...

Riviera
29-12-2008, 08:05 AM
woahh! that's a handful just to get to the head unit don't you think? all my previous cars only required the center console to be snapped off..literally 3 second job!

1 name = honda lol

always gotta remove 20items before u can replace the lightbulbs in the cigarette lighter

once u do replace the factory headunit, next time will be easy... cause u will
replace it with a headunit that has a cage therefore all u do next time is, remove the
headunits face surround chuck the headunit remove keys down the side and pull it out...
easy peasy

hywindz
04-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Sorry to bring up an old topic but
I have a 96 civic with the stock head unit with the "anti-theft" system
If i buy an aftermarket head unit will this function still work?
From Raztaz's post I'd say yes?

saikou27
04-03-2009, 05:07 PM
the anti theft refers to the radio itself. its just a code that needs to be input if the units unplugged. removing the head unit will remove this feature but your new head unit will probably come with its own more advanced anti theft system like a removable face or something