PDA

View Full Version : Update for 2009 Supersprint: BYP Civic

Benson
23-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Christmas is just around the corner and the good news is the car will be rocking a new engine combo for next year supersprint.

Here are a quick run down of the specs:

B18c block
VtiR crank
81.5mm CP custom pistons
Crower I beam rods
Toda Oil Pump
ACL Race bearings
PR3 Cyl Head,CNC Combustion Chambers, Hand Blending of ports only
Supertech Valve Train
50mm TWM quads + Air box
Vi-PEC V44 ECU

Engine is being built and will be developed by an engineering company that does ultralight aircraft engine design and development.The spec's above are all we where given about the engine and we know nothing else about the setup and the dyno numbers will not be shown till mid year when they have had it back in there workshop once there engine dyno is in and running

There is also alot of input to this engine package & development from Sydney Vi-PEC wholesaler Scott @ Insight Motorsport as he works very closely with the Enginerring company on the ECU side of there plane engine project.

Its an excitment new year for the crew as it will even the playing field with the Toda EG civic marginally in terms of capacity.

Keep an eye out for Dyno numbers and further development of the engine. :)

xntrik
23-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Neato

B20NA
23-12-2008, 06:52 PM
looks like a promising build, so how do we get involved with supersprint and is there differnt engine capacity classes

VTi_b0i
23-12-2008, 06:54 PM
sweet dude :D i always thort a b16 was a little too small haha

e240
23-12-2008, 07:05 PM
looks like a promising build, so how do we get involved with supersprint and is there differnt engine capacity classes

Its not difficult and anyone can participate. Car's are segrated by Level of Modifications and Capacity.

Some information here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80703

I will be updating for 2009, so watch that space.

Cheers

Chi
23-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Nice work ladies.

The b16a hauled arse for what it was, cant wait to sit and trial the b18c.

Benson
23-12-2008, 08:02 PM
The B16a has serve us very well for the 2008 season. The car has gone a long way since the start of the year. We learnt a fair bit from the chasis and tyre combo.

So we are going to step it up a notch and run a built B18c to give a little more competition :p

It all depends on what capacity and level of modification you have. It you heaps of modification including change of engine (b-series conversion) you'll be under the Class 3 modification level. In terms of capacity, if your 0-1600cc your in class A, 1600cc-2000cc Class B and so fourth.

We competed in Class 3B last year even tho we ran the B16a for the majority of the rounds. We should have been in class 3A but we change to a B18c mid season for testing and reverted back to the B16a.

Benson
23-12-2008, 08:06 PM
sweet dude :D i always thort a b16 was a little too small haha

Yeh B16a lacks the grunt of the higher capacity motors like the 1.8 and 2.0l. You need grunt to convert to good track times. :)

At the end of the day, track times talk, so our efforts in the B16a seems to be disregarded, so running a build motor will hopefully convert to decent track times.

Q_ball
23-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Let me hit vtec in then car boys... give it some HG love :)

pwr2w8
23-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Vi-PEC V44 ECU ive heard good things about this ecu, ex autronic employee.
Is this what uncle dave recommened.
for the price ur better off with hondata, neptune

Benson
23-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Vi-PEC V44 ECU ive heard good things about this ecu, ex autronic employee.
Is this what uncle dave recommened.
for the price ur better off with hondata, neptune

Yes uncle Dave and Scott @ Insight will be doing the install and tuning the engine.

In terms of price, its comparable to hondata and neptune especially with the currency exchange rate. I would prefer something of upper class then the normal chipped ECU's. There is only so far you can do with them, then you'll need to upgrade to get that bit extra. I've personally seen the result between the Hondata and the ViPec on back to back tunes and the result are amazing.

The Vipec are becoming very affortable, expecially for the K-series engine. Keep an eye out for further development. Hondata Kpro are easily 1600 landed with the currency as it is. The Vipec prices will be very similar to those of the Kpro.

zco
23-12-2008, 10:55 PM
you sohuld have gone with an all out motor build from adrian.. would have been much better

moo moo nel
24-12-2008, 12:30 AM
you will be in 3B class???
oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benson
24-12-2008, 08:04 AM
you sohuld have gone with an all out motor build from adrian.. would have been much better

shit stirrer:p

Benson
24-12-2008, 08:04 AM
you will be in 3B class???
oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always have been in the 3B Class :)

SHIFTY
27-12-2008, 05:34 PM
come to 3D to play with me :D

Good luck for 09' guys, all the honda's are looking very promising, i wish i could be in the same class as you guys... but i thought id grow some balls and get a rwd turbo :p

Benson
28-12-2008, 07:31 PM
come to 3D to play with me :D

Good luck for 09' guys, all the honda's are looking very promising, i wish i could be in the same class as you guys... but i thought id grow some balls and get a rwd turbo :p

We'll be in 3D in 2010 Supersprints.

jords
29-12-2008, 09:22 AM
what are the plans for 2010 benny? please don't say a Nissan!

Chi
29-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Ct9a.

DvS-
29-12-2008, 05:57 PM

f20c :zip:

Slaz
29-12-2008, 08:21 PM

LOL at Zco

I'll be interested to see the "2" cars stack up again in "09"

Any reason Dave or you arnt strapping this one together Benny?

Like i said, look forward to seeing the cars out again, might even get mine out there if i can get it together, or at least the my engine come next year. ;)

Will be keeping an eye on the progress, its good to see the bar being raised opposed to lowered and people in the honda scene looking for every junk part to perform like its quality counterpart.

BlitZ
29-12-2008, 09:19 PM
about time u upgraded from a B16A.
"K20... been discounting B series parts for last few years"

i will hopefully be in 2009...

will be coming with a 4wd though.. for a peace of mind

Benson
30-12-2008, 08:38 AM
I'll be interested to see the "2" cars stack up again in "09"

Any reason Dave or you arnt strapping this one together Benny?

Yes will be interesting to see what kind of times it can do with a 50% power increase.

Dave works for the company, so he is using their technology and machinery to make this build happen. All we are doing is the install into the engine bay

about time u upgraded from a B16A.
"K20... been discounting B series parts for last few years"

i will hopefully be in 2009...

will be coming with a 4wd though.. for a peace of mind

Been driving a 4wd turbo for the last few days gotta say totally different experience. Im looking for one LOL

Benson
30-12-2008, 08:55 AM

Still researching on the new combo, but ill make a new thread once the new combo is decided. :p

Some of the parts are already here for it :)

fatboyz39
16-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Update from Supersprints Round 1 @ Oran Park GP circuit.

Took out Class 3B with a new Class record @ 1.19.53. Day didnt go all that smooth having electrical problem hampering half the day. Aiming for low-mid 18's in the next outing.

Result are on natsoft soon.

For those who thought our Wakefield 1.07's times are bullshit, these times just shows we arnt.

sikisdr69
16-03-2009, 08:46 AM
well done guys.. car keeps getting quicker

TODA AU
16-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Update from Supersprints Round 1 @ Oran Park GP circuit.

Took out Class 3B with a new Class record @ 1.19.53. Day didnt go all that smooth having electrical problem hampering half the day. Aiming for low-mid 18's in the next outing.

Result are on natsoft soon.

As I said on ClubITR,
Well done Jimmy & Benson.
That was just an awesome effort with a well deserved class win & class record.:thumbsup:
(You may well have the Type record now too)
Congratulations.

DNYALL
16-03-2009, 06:27 PM
very nice times guys, well done :)