PDA

View Full Version : digital odometer

tron07
23-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Just wondering is there anyway anyone can reprogram the odometer?? or reset it??

The data is stored in the meter itself or on the ECU? I think someone mention its store on the meter before, but not too sure...

EuroAccord13
23-12-2008, 04:53 PM
In what terms? reflashing a new mileage over the existing one?

tron07
24-12-2008, 07:57 AM
We were having some discussion about rewinding odometers on old cars and dodgy stuffs some people do to sell their 2nd hand cars on another forum. So I say I think you cannot do it on digital odometers, as you cant rewind them like those analog ones.

Some guy say you can reset it and some say you can reprogram it but all also they hear from someone else. It got me thinking where the data is stored? I am guessing it shouldnt be on the ECU as those who reflash the ECU or swap it will loose their km done on their cars so it should be on the meter itself.

SPQR
25-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Naughty stuff. I had to change the whole speedometer unit of a previous car that had been imported from Japan as it only had a "180km/h" face and I had worked out how to defeat the 180km/h speed governor. As a bonus, the new one came complete with a zeroed odometer. Although, when I had the car serviced, I'd ask them to record the km plus what was on the old odometer and when I sold the car, I told the new owner of the real km's travelled.

EUR003act
25-12-2008, 05:05 PM
We were having some discussion about rewinding odometers on old cars and dodgy stuffs some people do to sell their 2nd hand cars on another forum. So I say I think you cannot do it on digital odometers, as you cant rewind them like those analog ones.

Some guy say you can reset it and some say you can reprogram it but all also they hear from someone else. It got me thinking where the data is stored? I am guessing it shouldnt be on the ECU as those who reflash the ECU or swap it will loose their km done on their cars so it should be on the meter itself.

dodgy! lol

its stored in the dash on the euros... get a new euro-r dash off the net :D hehe