15-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Race proven to provide downforce for your daily driving :thumbsup:

http://www.5zigen.co.jp/chekit/photo/2003/taikyu/img/p1_17.jpg
http://www.5zigen.co.jp/chekit/photo/2003/taikyu/img/p1_13.jpg
http://www.5zigen.co.jp/chekit/photo/2003/taikyu/img/p1_02.jpg
from www.5zigen.co.jp

viperx
15-10-2004, 11:59 AM
I would like to see how your 'daily driving' will require a high mount aluminium wing in a front wheel drive car

Spoilers are mainly fashion statements on cars now- its a fact of life. for example, the RS6 lip only provides 50kg of downforce at 200km/h. now if you drive an RS6 how often would you go at 200km/h in australia?

if you don't like fashion, take off your interior trim, your back seat, strip your carpet and sound deadening. it will reduce your weight...

baboo
15-10-2004, 12:01 PM
That's why no spoiler is better than any spoiler at all.

If you gonna put a spoiler on, then put this on, at least it's functional.

viperx
15-10-2004, 12:08 PM
a spoiler like that is useless in an accord unless you have an equivalent front spoiler or front lip which provides adequate downforce to counteract the rear wing downforce. And additionally it would only be useful at RACE SPEEDS. so unless your accord euro is your weekend racer, i would say putting a spoiler like that on an accord would just get you scratched + you would never be able to get your groceries into the boot in comfort ever again.

viperx
15-10-2004, 12:12 PM
look mate, you and i know for a fact that cars do not have to look the way they do if they just had to be functional. cars are designed to have a certain style as well, and if someone feels the need to customise the look of their car, so be it. we have passed the age of utilitarianism in cars. however people who do that have to be prepared to say that it's just because they think it looks better, not make up bullsh*t about how their exhaust adds 100hp.

wynode
15-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Did not someone pickup the apparent contradiction?

Race proven to provide downforce for your daily driving

baboo
15-10-2004, 12:54 PM
a spoiler like that is useless in an accord unless you have an equivalent front spoiler or front lip which provides adequate downforce to counteract the rear wing downforce. And additionally it would only be useful at RACE SPEEDS. so unless your accord euro is your weekend racer, i would say putting a spoiler like that on an accord would just get you scratched + you would never be able to get your groceries into the boot in comfort ever again.

What you've mentioned are 100% correct. I was been sarcastic about the "daily driving"

But for your other bits about styling of our cars, you are entitled to do whatever to your car. We are here only to provide our opinion, after all this is a forum. whether the person is going to put on a GT wing or a lip spoiler, that's their business. We are only here to express opinions.

viperx
15-10-2004, 01:10 PM
true...

:)

XXpl0Sive
15-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Good, here's my opinion!
I wouldn't be caught dead driving my family around those neck-breaking speeds ;)

aaronng
15-10-2004, 01:36 PM
At least you can dry your clothes while having fun on the road.

Type R Positive
15-10-2004, 01:44 PM
I would like to see how your 'daily driving' will require a high mount aluminium wing in a front wheel drive car

Spoilers are mainly fashion statements on cars now- its a fact of life. for example, the RS6 lip only provides 50kg of downforce at 200km/h. now if you drive an RS6 how often would you go at 200km/h in australia?

if you don't like fashion, take off your interior trim, your back seat, strip your carpet and sound deadening. it will reduce your weight... Ha! Rear wings are required for front wheel drives for fanging it around corners. There is a roundabout I have to go around in the morning to go to work, and the rear breaks out all the time. Dorifto!!!! This is in my pulsar by the way.

If I had a RS6, there is absolutely no way in the whole wide world I would stick to the speed limit. I would possibally go over 200km/h every day......

I don't care much for fashon, this is why I don't live in Melbourne :p