PDA

View Full Version : intercooler size behind eg bumper

honda_zivic
24-12-2008, 11:05 PM
what is da correct size cooler for eg front bumper so i can retain stock bumper, without cutting da metal frame chassis, like da cooler just sits behind da bumper if u get what i mean.

Lukezen27
27-12-2008, 11:56 AM
what is da correct size cooler for eg front bumper so i can retain stock bumper, without cutting da metal frame chassis, like da cooler just sits behind da bumper if u get what i mean.

0x0x0

VTi_b0i
27-12-2008, 12:27 PM
LOL! i beleive they all have to cut into the bumper support... i know i did...

honda_zivic
27-12-2008, 12:32 PM
LOL! i beleive they all have to cut into the bumper support... i know i did...

sht, what size was ur cooler anywayz?

VTi_b0i
27-12-2008, 12:37 PM
my cooler is: 20"x8"x3"

honda_zivic
27-12-2008, 12:39 PM
thanks man, but do u have any pics just wana c how it sits?

VTi_b0i
27-12-2008, 01:41 PM
nahh not without the bumper on sorry dude

myztery
28-12-2008, 10:33 PM
ive got one you dont need to cut the front support, just need to drill holes where you need to mount it..

aimre
29-12-2008, 01:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/aimre/Image008-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/aimre/IMG_0215.jpg

honda_zivic
29-12-2008, 11:45 AM
^^
what are the dimensions?
?x?x?

honda_zivic
29-12-2008, 11:46 AM
ive got one you dont need to cut the front support, just need to drill holes where you need to mount it..

what type of bolts or screws u use to hold it?

myztery
29-12-2008, 08:44 PM
what type of bolts or screws u use to hold it?

normal 12ml bolts washers and spring washers, depending on your intercooler. the bigger the hole obviously the bigger the bolt...

myztery
29-12-2008, 08:45 PM
^^
what are the dimensions?
?x?x?

180x720x70MM Tube and Fin Intercooler

aimre
06-01-2009, 12:03 PM
180x720x70MM Tube and Fin Intercooler
its actually:

Bar & Plate Core - 550 x 180 x 65mm (2.25" Outlets)

http://justjap.com/store/home.php?cat=298&sort=price&sort_direction=0

$170 at justjap. they ship too

FastFwd
08-01-2009, 04:48 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/fastfwdcivic/DSC03071.jpg

I got mine fitting pretty nicely and mines massive. The aftermarket bumper doesnt give me any room but i had to do alot of mods to the bumper and support bars to get it to fit nicely.

honda_zivic
08-01-2009, 11:40 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/fastfwdcivic/DSC03071.jpg

I got mine fitting pretty nicely and mines massive. The aftermarket bumper doesnt give me any room but i had to do alot of mods to the bumper and support bars to get it to fit nicely.

hey man thats da same size cooler i have, so u took off da bumper beam support thing?
how did u mount them on?

FastFwd
09-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Well on the intercooler is has four mounts. The top two fix exactly to the the two Bumper mounts but from the other side. You can pretty much see in the picture, See how on the support bar where the bumper is bolted down by those 4 sections. Well the outside two sections are pretty much perfect to mount into the intercooler. Then the bottom two sections i used the two metal rods the intercooler came with and mounted it to the bottom support bar.

Apparently on some model civices they have a Crash Bar or i think they call it a Trution bar. Forgot how to spell it sorry. But yeh if yours has that you will need to remove it. Maybe do some slight cutting to the stock bummer to get it to fit nice.

I can take some more close up pictures of the mounts if you cant understand what i mean just let me know

Lukezen27
09-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Guys

Bare in mind that setup is illegal.

So if at all possible try and leave the support brace intact and work round it.

Just something to think about!

I have the exact same setup as aimre witch is not all that surprising seeing is how aimre got me the intercooler lol

Works great

FastFwd
09-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Guys

I have the exact same setup as aimre witch is not all that surprising seeing is how aimre got me the intercooler lol

Works great

Yeah you are right, if you can try and keep the support bar as it is illegal to remove it. I haven't heard of anyone being caught because of it but i have heard it may void insurance claims if you crash and they find out, But its a long shot that they will. My civic never came with one surprisingly so that was good. I dont know if it was my model or the previous owner decided to take it off for some odd reason. I wouldn't know why he would because he gave the car to me stock 7+ years ago.

honda_zivic
09-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Well on the intercooler is has four mounts. The top two fix exactly to the the two Bumper mounts but from the other side. You can pretty much see in the picture, See how on the support bar where the bumper is bolted down by those 4 sections. Well the outside two sections are pretty much perfect to mount into the intercooler. Then the bottom two sections i used the two metal rods the intercooler came with and mounted it to the bottom support bar.

Apparently on some model civices they have a Crash Bar or i think they call it a Trution bar. Forgot how to spell it sorry. But yeh if yours has that you will need to remove it. Maybe do some slight cutting to the stock bummer to get it to fit nice.

I can take some more close up pictures of the mounts if you cant understand what i mean just let me know

yea man can u please pm me more pics?

honda_zivic
09-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Guys

Works great

its gona be hard coz my cooler is big, i wana leave my bumper beam support thing on. but looks like its goin off.:(

Lukezen27
09-01-2009, 12:39 PM
its gona be hard coz my cooler is big, i wana leave my bumper beam support thing on. but looks like its goin off.:(

hhmm

what motoer and boost are you running?

honda_zivic
09-01-2009, 12:48 PM
hhmm

what motoer and boost are you running?

slowass d15b7, its not boosting yet , still have alot of things do finish off, like da front bumper an rear b4 i boost it. im just killing time, so when i get of my p's its ready 2 go. if u no wat i mean.;)

Lukezen27
09-01-2009, 12:52 PM
slowass d15b7, its not boosting yet , still have alot of things do finish off, like da front bumper an rear b4 i boost it. im just killing time, so when i get of my p's its ready 2 go. if u no wat i mean.;)

Well I'd say that intercoolers to big for that setup anyway.

You should read up on intercooler pressure via turbo size

FastFwd
09-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeh thats right. It is fairly big for that setup mines prolly bit to big for my setup also but im getting a larger turbo soon.

honda_zivic
09-01-2009, 01:05 PM
oh well, i mite get a engine swap lata on anyway if i dont get my new car.

FastFwd
09-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Engine change wont really make a diff unless your getting something bigger than a 1.6. Its the Boost your running and what sized turbo etc etc

honda_zivic
09-01-2009, 01:16 PM
if i did do a engine swap than of corz higher boost. but i probly go 4 b16a or b18 integ vtir

honda_zivic
09-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Engine change wont really make a diff unless your getting something bigger than a 1.6. Its the Boost your running and what sized turbo etc etc

wat r ur specs like, eg turbo,how much boost ur running, engine setup an all that??

FastFwd
09-01-2009, 02:47 PM
i cant tell you everything cos it would take a little to long to write out and i cbf.

but ill give you the basics.

B16a2, b16b head, toda cam gears, Forged low compression pistons, forged cranks and rods, ACL racing bearings, ported and polished head, Full Race Manifold, HKS 44mm Wastegate + Screemer pipe, GT28rs Garret Turbo, 3inch stainless turbo back exhaust, HKS Bov, That intercooler, Stainless 2.75 inch intercooler piping kit, Power FC ECU, Autotechnica Pully Kit, 1000cc RC injectors, ARC Fuel Rail, Autotechnica Fuel Pressure Regulator, Bosch 500hp fuel pump, fidanza 3.7kg flywheel, Aftermarket clutch. More but cbf

Running 7psi roughly getting 180kw atw's. But ill be boosting it to 20psi in a few weeks.

honda_zivic
09-01-2009, 11:20 PM
faarrk, i like 2 c it running 20psi man.. is dat light weight flywheel suitable 4 boost?

Limo
10-01-2009, 09:01 PM
faarrk, i like 2 c it running 20psi man.. is dat light weight flywheel suitable 4 boost?

lighten flywheel is suitable for boost, but wont be as noticeable as in a NA car as the boost will pick up the revs quick enough.

honda_zivic
10-01-2009, 09:13 PM
^ fair enuf.

Sexc86
11-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Guys

Works great

Guys he is correct,

Dont just grab some generic cheap FMIC off ebay and make it fit. Its 100% illegal to start chopping and cutting body frame work. Those generic front mounts are not very efficient at cooling (Low FIN/INCH). Nearly best off getting a quality Bar&Plate cooler custom made to sure your application perfectly, legally and that have higher Fins/inch. In reality they will do a better job at cooling even though its a smaller unit AND LIGHTER!

Bigger is not always better.

Regards Lyle

JasonGilholme
11-01-2009, 02:17 PM
i got an intercooler for sale which is suited to honda front bumpers.

Will fit the air dam on a civic/crx almost completely and can retain the bumper crash bar thingy.

PM me if you're interested.

honda_zivic
11-01-2009, 06:24 PM
u guys r probly right, but theres this front kit im getting so yea.
http://www.sinex.com.au/images/685.jpg
i want it 2 look da same way as that,

Lukezen27
11-01-2009, 06:43 PM
u guys r probly right, but theres this front kit im getting so yea.
http://www.sinex.com.au/images/685.jpg
i want it 2 look da same way as that,

And lose power for looks yeah?

Limbo
11-01-2009, 09:17 PM
just makes it easlier for the cops to spot you and harrass you

honda_zivic
11-01-2009, 10:50 PM
And lose power for looks yeah?
yer

just makes it easlier for the cops to spot you and harrass you
they always harrass me, even im driving a stock car, fkn bs right der. not like i hoon or anything stupid just driving 2 speed limits.

Lukezen27
12-01-2009, 09:28 AM
yer

they always harrass me, even im driving a stock car, fkn bs right der. not like i hoon or anything stupid just driving 2 speed limits.

Oh good!

So they already harass you and your going to make it even worse lol

FastFwd
12-01-2009, 03:27 PM
meh i made the mistake of making my car look like picture from the start. Its great i love my car, its alot different to other cars on the road but they are right. The attraction to cops i have had over my years has been a mind wreck. 14 yellow stickers. mind you i havent had a yellow in close to 2 years now as im getting a little older and wiser on the roads and cops tend to give older guys with tuned cars more leniency compared to a P plater etc.

all in all i dont regret the way i have built my car but it could have been done a little different to keep the cops away.

honda_zivic
12-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Oh good!

So they already harass your going to make it even worse lol
tru tru..:D lol gota make my car look different from others man, no sht every car looks da same .

meh i made the mistake of making my car look like picture from the start. Its great i love my car, its alot different to other cars on the road but they are right. The attraction to cops i have had over my years has been a mind wreck. 14 yellow stickers. mind you i havent had a yellow in close to 2 years now as im getting a little older and wiser on the roads and cops tend to give older guys with tuned cars more leniency compared to a P plater etc.

all in all i dont regret the way i have built my car but it could have been done a little different to keep the cops away.

ey but ur car's has balls right der, we cant all have our cars dat look da same as every1 elses car, then we all look like gay c*nts.
being a p plater suks..:thumbdwn:

FastFwd
12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
we cant all have our cars dat look da same as every1 elses car, then we all look like gay c*nts.

Fast n Furious 1 lol

trism
13-01-2009, 10:30 AM
tru tru..:D lol gota make my car look different from others man, no sht every car looks da same .

ey but ur car's has balls right der, we cant all have our cars dat look da same as every1 elses car, then we all look like gay c*nts.

can you please try to type a bit better??

proper english would be fan-fcuking-tastic

it makes it really hard to read when all i see is der dat dis corz

honda_zivic
13-01-2009, 01:38 PM
relax man.

trism
13-01-2009, 03:03 PM
i am relaxed.

just type proper english

:)