PDA

View Full Version : So i want to buy an accord euro...

steve88
26-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Selling my beloved EK civic and I want to get myself an accord euro. but i really know not much about accord euros, did some wikipedia and google search but not too much i can find (all usdm info). the first generation of accord euro is the one im after

- so i go a few questions... for one, did you guys ever get a good deal by trading in your old civic for the accord euro? or do you think u can save way more money by going and selling it and buying it private?

- now with the accord euros, they have what year range until they

- apparently within this generation, there is a facelift.. any significant difference?

- with the lighter interiors i've seen for sale, does that stain like a mofo? i want to get a black one, and a cream or light interior is a nice contrast but worried about staining

- with the leather seats, does your ass stick to them in summer? is the luxury package worth the extra $2-3k just for (what, leather seats and sunroof?)

- any regrets/wishes what you had got in an accord euro

- is the manual one good? ive read on some problems with clutch

- getting coilovers to slam this bad boy, are they exxy? what sort am i looking at

- obama, is he a great future president for the US or what

cheers

snYpz
26-12-2008, 09:39 AM
- now with the accord euros, they have what year range until they
- apparently within this generation, there is a facelift.. any significant difference?
The euro gen 1 was between 03-07. The 03-05 had 16" rims. The 05 luxury model came in the euro-r style 17" rims. The 06 onwards had the facelift with different bumpers, rims, steering wheel and i think trip computer as well.
The 03-05 came with a space saver spare whereas the 05+ came with full size.
the 06+ lux models had the option of factory satnav.

- with the lighter interiors i've seen for sale, does that stain like a mofo? i want to get a black one, and a cream or light interior is a nice contrast but worried about staining
I have the cream interior and its been ok, no stains. Obviously black leather would be better. I think the 07+ came wth black leather as an option, that is, you could order black exterior as well as black leather.

- with the leather seats, does your ass stick to them in summer? is the luxury package worth the extra $2-3k just for (what, leather seats and sunroof?)
I love the leather seats and sunroof. I guess if your sweaty then it would stick. But once aircon kicks in, it isnt an issue. Depends if you need these options, if your after performance, i think the lux model is about 70kg heavier that stadard from memory.
The lux model you also get 2 extra airags for the rear passengers, HIDS, foglights and heated electronic seats.

- any regrets/wishes what you had got in an accord euro
My regret is probably not getting a maual model and grey exterior :p
Some ppl regret getting the car due to lack of power. But realistically, you cant expect much from a heavy 4cyl sedan. I knew what i was getting and couldnt be happier with the car.

- is the manual one good? ive read on some problems with clutch
Not sure :(

- getting coilovers to slam this bad boy, are they exxy? what sort am i looking at
There are a whole range of coilies. Check the end of "Post euro" thread, i think ppl discussed about slamming their rides ;)

- obama, is he a great future president for the US or what
He sure would be! rofl

Darkii_
26-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Lol snypz answered most the questions there, i have a standard and if i could buy my car again i'd get a lux. I think the other little things are really worth the few grand, depends what you're after really.

The clutch has been good to be so far, i got an 07 and it hasn't squealed or anything yet (fingers crossed).

Goodluck finding your car =)

steve88
26-12-2008, 10:12 AM
chances are its faster than my d16 :P i can always put a k20 head on it anyway, right?

oh also, what about replacing the deck? ie. putting like a screen there or, or just my old civic deck cause i dont wanna spend a fortune making my euro ipod friendly

TONTON
26-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Whats your price range?

And get a manual! dont get an auto

aaronng
26-12-2008, 10:54 AM
The only problem with the manual is a squeaky clutch, which affects most Hondas. Your EK should have a squeaky clutch as well.
The best value wouuld be a pre-facelift base manual. Try to get an 05 if you can. 03 does not have chrome accents in the interior air con vents and steering wheel badge. 05 gets a full sized spare and the Lux comes with the excellent 10 spoke rims. 06 adds a trip computer and very good looking white, blue and red instruments and the optional sat nav, but you don't get the nice 10 spoke rims with the Lux anymore. Alternatively, you can go for an 06-07 Euro Sport or Limited Edition which has the EuroR kit and 10 spoke rims, but you don't get HIDs, seat warmers (seats are half leather half cloth) nor auto wipers.

If you can drive manual, go for the manual. It has one of the smoothest manual gearboxes from Honda.

steve88
26-12-2008, 03:45 PM
see are all these trip computer, luxury models 25k plus? my budget is really only up to 18-19k (plus trading in my EK?)

ideally i want
- dark interior
- black euro
- manual
- 90000km's~~
- sunroof

anything more is just a bonus, mad rims MIGHT be important chances are ill buy my own anyway

yeah squeaky clutch is annoying haha

aaronng
26-12-2008, 04:12 PM
see are all these trip computer, luxury models 25k plus? my budget is really only up to 18-19k (plus trading in my EK?)

ideally i want
- dark interior
- black euro
- manual
- 90000km's~~
- sunroof

anything more is just a bonus, mad rims MIGHT be important chances are ill buy my own anyway

yeah squeaky clutch is annoying haha
In that case, look at a 04-05 Lux manual, because you want a sunroof. If you want a dark interior, that means your colour choice will be limited to Arctic Blue and Graphite Pearl. Maybe even Milano red, but not sure if it comes with a black or beige interior.

snYpz
26-12-2008, 05:53 PM
I think with that budget, just go for the standard model, dont worry about the sunroof.
Milano red came with black interior.

TONTON
26-12-2008, 10:06 PM
try find a 06 milano red euro sport in manual ;)

steve88
26-12-2008, 10:13 PM
milano = makes steve88 cry. not a pretty colour

are all those 14-15k euros thrashed? is 18k a reasonable budget??

how about all those things i wanted, but not black interior just light

also that light interior, is it just one tone? (people say beige, ivory, cream on carsales- are they referring to single colour?)

aaronng
27-12-2008, 12:46 AM
milano = makes steve88 cry. not a pretty colour

are all those 14-15k euros thrashed? is 18k a reasonable budget??

how about all those things i wanted, but not black interior just light

also that light interior, is it just one tone? (people say beige, ivory, cream on carsales- are they referring to single colour?)

Price does not indicate of the car is thrashed. You should get the car inspected by a qualified mechanic to check for problems. Poorly treated Euros can burn oil.

Yes, beige, ivory and cream should refer to the same colour as AUDM Euros came in only one shade of beige interior (unlike USA)

steve88
27-12-2008, 07:50 AM
my mate is a mechanic so thats alright i guess. i just see such big price differences, over 10k-12k between a cheapest euro and the most expensive (between 2003-2006 model)

also what about installing new decks in euros? is that a pain at all?

yfin
27-12-2008, 07:58 AM
my mate is a mechanic so thats alright i guess. i just see such big price differences, over 10k-12k between a cheapest euro and the most expensive (between 2003-2006 model)

I have been looking for a car as well - the reason why there is huge price differences is that lots of sellers have unrealistic expectations as to what the car is worth. The Euro is a 5 year old model - some of the prices around are a joke. May as well just walk in to a Honda show room and buy a new car with the deals going around.

aaronng
27-12-2008, 09:02 AM
also what about installing new decks in euros? is that a pain at all?
You need a line in module and the deck has to sit in the center compartment. In that case, you want a non-sat nav Euro because the center storage compartment is empty.

steve88
29-12-2008, 11:33 PM
so they're big enough too actually put Double DIN or decks with screens?

hisoka
30-12-2008, 12:04 AM
hey dont want to start arguement here, but have you already had your mind set on euro, or are there any other cars in mind.

i reccomend test driving a mazda 6 or 3 sedan, and the holden commodore range, its around the same price as a brand new euro.
good luck with your new car aswell~ i have accord euro btw

aaronng
30-12-2008, 07:49 AM
so they're big enough too actually put Double DIN or decks with screens?

You can get a fascia that will fit a double din. Not sure if a motorised screen will work because there might not be enough clearance between the compartment and the gearstick.

tron07
30-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Selling my beloved EK civic and I want to get myself an accord euro. but i really know not much about accord euros, did some wikipedia and google search but not too much i can find (all usdm info). the first generation of accord euro is the one im after

Technically that should be the JDM Accord, the CF4 model

http://asia.vtec.net/article/CF4/

tron07
30-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I love the leather seats and sunroof. I guess if your sweaty then it would stick. But once aircon kicks in, it isnt an issue. Depends if you need these options, if your after performance, i think the lux model is about 70kg heavier that stadard from memory.
The lux model you also get 2 extra airags for the rear passengers, HIDS, foglights and heated electronic seats.

You dont get 2 extra airbags for the rear passengers, but you get curtain airbags, from the A pillars

.QD
30-12-2008, 09:50 AM
oh also, what about replacing the deck? ie. putting like a screen there or, or just my old civic deck cause i dont wanna spend a fortune making my euro ipod friendly

Try this thread, very helpful info: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80668&highlight=infill

steve88
31-12-2008, 09:13 AM
ok cheers for clearing that up. now i am tossing up between 2 particular euros

both same price, manual, black etc. base models but one is 2006 model with 93000km's, the other is 2005 model but with 60,000km's... the facelift on the 2006 model appeals to me, are those headlights interchangeable?

tony1234
31-12-2008, 09:50 AM
ok cheers for clearing that up. now i am tossing up between 2 particular euros

both same price, manual, black etc. base models but one is 2006 model with 93000km's, the other is 2005 model but with 60,000km's... the facelift on the 2006 model appeals to me, are those headlights interchangeable?
How much are they?Private or dealer?I'd be leaning more towards the 05 model cause of the Ks or drive a hard bargain on the 06 because of the high Ks.

steve88
31-12-2008, 10:03 AM
private

i was thinking of getting luxury, 2-3k more ... but ireally am not a fan of leather seats, i just want HID's and sunroof lol. thats why i was curious if 06 lux headlights fit on a 05 base model

aaronng
31-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Base 06 is good because you still have the trip computer. Just the base rims are ugly.

Type R Positive
31-12-2008, 03:01 PM
thats why i was curious if 06 lux headlights fit on a 05 base model
Yes, but not viable. Too expensive.

steve88
01-01-2009, 08:59 AM
well shit. im really limited too 05 lux or 06 base then. 06 lux goes 25k onwords, and the cheap ones are automatic and silver ewww

Type R Positive
01-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Sounds like you are sold on a base anyway mate. I seen them for low as $14k here in Perth.
HID kit and cut a hole in the roof FTW! :p

steve88
01-01-2009, 10:28 AM
hahah yeh i got a hacksaw somewhere in the garage i think :P

no no i promised myself no more DIY jobs when buying a new car!

tron07
02-01-2009, 08:25 AM
I would go looking for another 06 model with lower mileage... wonder where _civic_ 06 went??

kairi_k
03-03-2010, 09:17 PM
just curious. how many ks from one tank and average cost of a tank?

cheers

euromandeluxe
04-03-2010, 12:24 AM
tank is 60L if i remember correctly.

i get around 10L/100km driving 'normally' - as in not like a super-grandma. This is with 98RON. you can get better with grandma driving.

so if you fill up when before or when the light comes on (50-55L or thereabouts) and you're buying 98RON (about $1.30-1.35/L) it'd be around $70 to fill up? obviously, cheaper with 95RON, but at the cost of slightly reduced L/100km. (the 95RON still comes out financially more economical)

tron07
04-03-2010, 07:53 AM
If you drive gently, you can do syd-melb on one tank

iLlusion10
04-03-2010, 08:26 PM
If you drive gently, you can do syd-melb on one tank

I was getting down to around 6.6l/100kms on PURE highway, as in i pumped petrol that was on a highway, so i think it's possible, that was without air conditioning cos the day wasn't too hot, i think once you put air conditioning on it'll hit about 7l/100kms.

Syd-> melb MIGHT be just possible, don't think i'm game enough to try it though =P

tony1234
05-03-2010, 06:46 AM
ms.Syd-> melb MIGHT be just possible, don't think i'm game enough to try it though =P
I heard of a guy that did!Sth.suburbs of Sydney to Melb.outskirts.Just under 1000kms.He worked out he got 6.4-6.5ltrs/100kms but no aircon on and he drove 90-100kph all the way.Fuel light was on and trip comp said 0kms to empty:eek:

buddah51au
05-03-2010, 10:26 AM
all I can say is

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo325/buddah51au/SydTrip09.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo325/buddah51au/SydTrip092.jpg

That is a CU2 Auto with a/c on for at least 80% of the trip. The true reading on that tank was 6.23 filling up at 990kms. The trip computer is not 100% accurate.

The total trip distance was 3,075kms, total fuel used was 198.41 litres for an average of 6.45. This included some commuting through Sydney & Newcastle.

To take it to the next level, since owning the car I have done 26,735kms last time I filled up, using a total of 1894.07 litres for an all up average of 7.085L/100km.

nxn75u
07-03-2010, 12:10 AM
how did you manage to get those figures!!! impressive... i dont think im able to have that readings in my car...

buddah51au
07-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Just normal driving, cruise control set about 5 kph above posted speed limit. I guess the right conditions help considerably as do a few little tricks to achieve better economy without driving slowly. It helps that I live in the country where there are no traffic jams.

nxn75u
07-03-2010, 09:52 AM
what are the "few tricks" if you may share? haha..

buddah51au
07-03-2010, 12:26 PM
to achieve good economy you need to reduce wind resistance, an easy way to do that is to find a suitable rig & tuck in nice & close, he will pull you along if you get my drift. You just need to be alert at all times. then you need to consider hills as your enemy & declines as your friend. If you want to know more pm me your email add & I will forward you an article I found years ago called Hypermileing. It gives you lots of little hints & from there it is a matter of learning to drive that way, which is not easy especially as I was a renowned leadfoot in my younger days. still am on occasions. A CU2 auto goes well at 4800RPM in top..... lol.

nxn75u
07-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Pmed! thx...

tron07
08-03-2010, 07:59 AM
I was getting down to around 6.6l/100kms on PURE highway, as in i pumped petrol that was on a highway, so i think it's possible, that was without air conditioning cos the day wasn't too hot, i think once you put air conditioning on it'll hit about 7l/100kms.

Syd-> melb MIGHT be just possible, don't think i'm game enough to try it though =P

I have done 6.7 on the highway doing 90-100kmh with aircond on all the way before... running on 6 gear manual.