PDA

View Full Version : Almighty H22A swap

kccord
28-12-2008, 04:09 AM
Hi guys, this would be the millionth time for a million dollar question...what are all the requirement and hardware needed to make the h22a swap successfull? I forgot what page it was and there is about 101 pages in the accord forum :eek: can somebody shed some light for nooby???

This is what I have:

------------------

Car/Model/Make: 1996 Honda Accord CD5 Vti-S

Current Engine: F22B1 VTEC OBD2

Current Tranny: Manual

------------------

Proposed Engine: JDM H22A4 VTEC OBD2

Proposed Tranny: Manual LSD (which comes with it)

------------------

What I know so far is that I need a manual tensioner and same year prelude passenger side engine mount. I'm trying to get a hold of a h22a from a 1996 prelude in which I believe would make the obd2 swap straight forward.

Other than that any other things that I should regard such as computer(ecu+wiring), prelude foot pedal if i want to keep cruise control, sensors, hoses(radiator and air con), axels and etc??

How much will I be looking at for the conversion and anybody know experienced garages in Perth? I have like 2 of my accord mates who's gonna do the same thing as well.

------------------

The Project:

My 2009 project is going to build a h22a N/A killer. Proposed parts are euro R intake, hondata s100, light flywheel and pulleys, a good head studs and gaskets, genie header or xforce header (which one is better), stainless steel exhaust, forged conrod, and last but not least either prelude type S piston (11.1:1 comp) or CP 11.5:1 piston.

I Dunno which piston to use, the oem type S is a direct fit that does not require sleeving but gives less power than the CP since lower comp ratio however the CP is far more expensive and requires sleeving (darton) as the block has a protective coating or someshit that makes this piston not suitable for a direct fit. Suggestions? that'l like 1000 bucks for 10 hp or so only dude...and Cams, cams are expensive to play with since two high lift cams would cost ~$1200 and have to get valve springs and retainers ($$$$) for it so it may be for later on. I'm trying to lower budget first so anything not needed first goes out the window.

--------------------

Thanks for any response.:cool::honda:

kccord
02-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Any one help? or direct me to a page?

h22a accord
11-01-2009, 12:25 PM
dang man, thats a lot of questions. Im just about to embark on my second h22a cd5 accord conversion. it's fairly straight forward but the modifications that are required need to be done properly otherwise it will give you problems.