PDA

View Full Version : New 05 Integra info on Aus Honda website

bigdongers
15-10-2004, 05:02 PM
http://www.honda.com.au/integra/

I must say the new Type S is pretty cool. Its not as hardcore as the Type R was but I reckon its got a nice balance now between luxury and sports.

|N|
15-10-2004, 05:20 PM
i want one... does that mean we dun have any type R anymore?

spoondc2
17-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Hope there are few brand new Type-R left in Honda.........
I really had the bad feelings for the new Type-S.......

SLIK_TEG
17-10-2004, 04:05 PM
same, i really hope Honda wont stop importing the Type Rs to Aus :(

will be a shame

monstaR
17-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Looks like type R owners will be quite happy as the prices of the Rs will be more stable now cos aus honda would not be bringing in any more Rs..... :D

spoondc2
18-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Well...... the New Type-R is a Fake Type-R anyway, just better than nothing...... the price for the old type-r really stables

^^v
18-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Well...... the New Type-R is a Fake Type-R anyway, just better than nothing...... the price for the old type-r really stables

wouldnt say its a "fake"... just detuned...

EuroSip
18-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Wtf is wrong with honda and other car sites...some never seem to show 0-100 times....

I mean if it's smart. i would understand 0-100 not being informative being 14sec or something...but typeS and stuff....comeon show some times dammit!

tekling
19-10-2004, 01:08 AM
so its out for sale now??

HRV-80Y
19-10-2004, 12:46 PM
lmao i rkn both the new type s & luxury models r jus rubbish..

honda has nutn else better to bring out, so they make these new variations which r jus shit...

i don't understand why they would even consider stopping production of the type r...

supernatural
19-10-2004, 01:09 PM
true tat pascoe...but i think hondas still making type r...but only in japan...and they stop the shipping to australia i think...not too sure...

kenji
19-10-2004, 03:29 PM
importing :D is the way to go if you have to Ching Ching :D

linkorr
20-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Type Rs are just not coming this way. :(

Hawk
22-10-2004, 09:52 PM
The Type S is apparently 'more suited to Australia's needs' ....dunno.... BUT it does have more power than the Aus delivered Type R

kiddoDC2
23-10-2004, 12:01 AM
the aus delivered type r is detuned to 200hp cause of the CR and 98 ron fuel in oz
its still a type r but one built for honda australia
same deal with the euro spec ep3 civic type r which is also detuned to 200hp

spoondc2
23-10-2004, 02:13 AM
More power than Type-R but heavier, so no point

Detuned....... It's just the excuses of aus govt, they are trying to protect their Holdens and stuff...... what a selfish pig, everything is about tax, i rather pay more to get parts from oversea, i don't even want to get crappy parts from aust although sometimes it's cheaper

I just don't see how bad is 98RON and need to detune something which requires 95RON only

SPEEDCORE
23-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Comments on RON always crack me up..... its all in the tuning.

The powers that be are affraid that it will not hold up, or are lazy to invest money into further tuning so as to produce good numbers on our fuel.

I guess Honda Aust. don't want to have happen to them what happened to Subaru quite a few years ago with the first wave of STi's that came in.

kiddoDC2
23-10-2004, 10:40 AM
More power than Type-R but heavier, so no point

Detuned....... It's just the excuses of aus govt, they are trying to protect their Holdens and stuff...... what a selfish pig, everything is about tax, i rather pay more to get parts from oversea, i don't even want to get crappy parts from aust although sometimes it's cheaper

I just don't see how bad is 98RON and need to detune something which requires 95RON only

it wasnt the aus govt decision to release the detuned versions
it was hondas decision as they did not want to deal with warentee issues with the type rs if they are selling a car that is built to run on their 100+ ron petrol

in countries outside japan the official honda dealers usually do not sell the JDM type r models , only the private importers do

vincent
23-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I don't think the petrol issue is that major due to the new cars having a better fuel management and ECU that will compensate for different petrol ratings

droneh22a
23-10-2004, 10:31 PM
The new typeS definately looks good, especially from the inside. From what i've read its 1160kg so with leather interior and all the extras theres nothing to complain about. That and the extra few kw's it looks like alot better deal than the TypeR we currently have.

faijai
23-10-2004, 11:03 PM
new teg looks shit imo.
and the luxury rims look better den the type s rims!!

kenshin
23-10-2004, 11:12 PM
how many jdm DC5's have you seen?
pretty much next to impossible to get one...

gelo
23-10-2004, 11:21 PM
honda australia are cool
you know they are when a type S is more powerful than a type R

R123
26-10-2004, 10:39 AM
i ve seen the new TYPE S at the motor show... er.. jz a bit mixed feelins, feel a bit disappointed that they wont bring ne TYPE Rs into aus.. reasons for da, i guess some of u guys have already pointed it out.. personaly i wont spend more than 40K to buy the TYPE S... not saying the car is crap, but i guess da prices could also opens to many other options too..
i ve always passionate the TYPE Rs.. since the DC2.. and i am very forunate to have my own DC5 in my garage... i dont drive it every day but i jz find it hard to express the excitement by words of lookin at it every day...
well... i agree da oz DC5 missed a few things like bremo breaks and a slighly "de-tuned" engine, but bcos i havent seat on a JDM DC5, i cant tell u the diff but all i can say is, my DC5 can still bring me the joy and fun of owning a FF + NA car..
heheehhe

dc2r
26-10-2004, 01:44 PM
The Type-S is alright but not like a Type-R...
- No Recaros (which is the main reason for bringing the Type-S out because it will suit the "older" drivers and Honda want to appeal to a wider audience rather than us racers/ricers)
- No LSD on Type-S so handling is not as good
- Not the same suspension as Type-R so handling again affected
- More luxury items to suit wider audience...
- But they have the same engine (Type-S having a bit more power)

Type R Positive
26-10-2004, 01:55 PM
I know what you mean but we already have the type S. You can always do the same as Honda Australia and wack on a type R badge. As alot of people say, modify it to where you want it. Honda Australia has to sell cars too. Mazda is taking alot of the market with the mazda6 and mazda3.

Type R Positive
26-10-2004, 01:58 PM
The Type-S is alright but not like a Type-R...
- No Recaros (which is the main reason for bringing the Type-S out because it will suit the "older" drivers and Honda want to appeal to a wider audience rather than us racers/ricers) Most average Australians cannot fit in the recaro's and really are a "wider" audience!