PDA

View Full Version : B16A2 JDM ECU Transplant Help

vtek16
30-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi,

Its been a little while since i ws last on the forums , basically i have got the motor out of a JDM EG-6 Civic which has been transplanted into a 92 Rover Mini Shell,,

It starts and runs etc and taking it to be run up early in Jan on the dyno but its been a while since i have looked into the ECU, from memery i need to look into the following before going any further

I still have to connect The following

Svc Check (Timing Adjust)
Brake Switch

To Turn Off in ECU

IACV
ELD
VPS
180 KPH Speed Restriction
VSS

The IACV has been removed because of lack of room , so im thinking of hooking up a switch to the A/C signal and using this to bump up the revs at cold idle,

The ECU is a OBD-1 P30 from memory, also the car runs really rich & fouls plugs badly at the moment. Im using a VY commodore in tank fuel pump with a std fuel rail & reg at the moment with a JDM IM just wondering if the pump would effect the pressure at the rail and make it over fuel,

Regards,

Ash

mclovin
30-12-2008, 06:11 PM
i would think not as ur still using the standard fuel pressure reg. this should be keeping pressure at at the standard level thus not cant be the cause of ur fouled plugs.......
i think it has more to do with u removing the IACV as its job is to control air at idle which it now cant do. i would also look into ur oxygen sensor as if its faulty will give u rich mixtures. hope that helps

vtek16
30-12-2008, 06:45 PM
yeah that was my thoughts with the reg and rail but thought id ask anyway, not sure what im going to do now with the IACV , perhaps there is a way to install it remotley or something.

On the other hand its rich all the way through the rev range and you can see the petrol in the exhaust fumes

vtek16
01-01-2009, 11:04 AM
I reinstalled the iACV yesterday and reset the ecu also cleaned the plugs which were black ,, the car idles smoother as expected but revving the motor with no load still produces lots of petrol in the fumes,,,

Anyone have any ideas

ECU-MAN
01-01-2009, 03:44 PM
your ecu has to be modified and you need a custom ROM to have those featurs removed.

PM me if you need someone to do it for you

VSS has to be connected to the car or you will get codes

if your engine is in limp mode it will run rich, have you connected the engine malfunction lamp ?

vtek16
01-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes the engine lamp is connected and works because throws the IACV when it was disconnected, Iv got the CEL codes and will run through them tomorrow..

Its booked in on Monday for an initial run on the dyno just to check things out. I will finish tidying up the wiring tomorrow and installing interior.

Took it for a run tonight on closed roads and initially seems quick and minimal fuel in the exhaust vapours

Not a lot of mods yet just a 2 1/4 mandrel system and high flow cat , Type R I/M & CAI with matched T/B

would those mods from std cause it to run a little richer

jdmTYPE R
01-01-2009, 09:22 PM
check your map senser if u plug it in the right plugs as tsp and map has the same plugs fail map senser will make yoru car run rich but idle normal

vtek16
03-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Just checked the TPS and its .476 V @ close and 4.36 at full open voltage, is this open voltage too high

whtcrx
04-01-2009, 10:59 AM
thats pretty good.

aim for .45V closed & 4.5V open

Edgeauto
04-01-2009, 11:53 AM
If you remove the IACV and dont adjust your cold start value in the ROM you will foul your plugs everytime you start it from cold.

TODA AU
04-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Try mounting the IACV remotely,
You’ll need to add some lines, fittings & make an adaptor block,
But it’s pretty easy.

vtek16
04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
yeah i will have to mount IACV remotely, car is going to dyno tomorrow for a quick once over with the IACV installed again for now,,

Ill adjust the TPS and see what is happening mixture wise under load