PDA

View Full Version : do need to redo my wheel alignment?

Dy_
30-12-2008, 07:10 PM
I've just installed new springs on the car. Would i need to get my wheels aligned again? I only just did it about 4 months ago.

thanks!

simonnowis
30-12-2008, 07:17 PM
yes it is recommended that you should get an alignment after sussy work, the new spring install might of put the toe angle off,
however when i got my coilovers installed, i didnt get an alignment til my next oil change which was about 2 months after and I didnt notice much of a difference..hmm
i say, if you have the spare cash go for another alignment.

Dy_
30-12-2008, 07:19 PM
what about installing a new rear sway bar?

LiL FiLo
30-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Yes it would recommend it!

if you have lowered or risen your car from previous height it will affect the camber on your wheels. the effects of this i assume you know such as early or uneven tyre wear

LiL FiLo
30-12-2008, 07:23 PM

maybe - might affect the toe

not to sure ill wait for someone else to coment

ask ben la

Dy_
30-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Yes it would recommend it!

if you have lowered or risen your car from previous height it will affect the camber on your wheels. the effects of this i assume you know such as early or uneven tyre wear

yeah thats true...definitely will effect my camber since i've lowered it a
bit.

thanks guys. also awaiting for ben to clarify everything! thanks

simonnowis
30-12-2008, 07:30 PM

if you just recently installed the swaybar and springs, yeh go for another alignment.
For me, i got the alignment 2 month after coilover and front swaybar install,
after i got around to installing the rear swaybar and lca i didnt bother with another alignment.
so it'd be better off getting all the sussy work done in one go then alignment after.

simonnowis
30-12-2008, 07:33 PM
with so many potholes on syd roads, i wouldnt be suprised if an alignment was needed regardless of any sussy work done.

LiL FiLo
31-12-2008, 06:48 AM
with so many potholes on syd roads, i wouldnt be suprised if an alignment was needed regardless of any sussy work done.
haha
lol

JohnL
31-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Alignment will be required if the ride height has been changed because of the new springs, but not otherwise. Changing the ARB (sway bar) will have no affect on alignment.

Dy_
31-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Alignment will be required if the ride height has been changed because of the new springs, but not otherwise. Changing the ARB (sway bar) will have no affect on alignment.

thanks johnL