PDA

View Full Version : Does LSD make that much of a difference?

tadrosone
31-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Im lookin at buyin a DC5R or DC5S and besides the obvious aesthetic differences the only other thing that seems to set them apart is the lack of LSD in the S.

Does it really change the way the car handles around corners? Im not going to take the car around the track but if i were to take some tight corners/hairpins enthusiastically will there be a huge gap between the dc5r/dc5s or say the AUSDM CTR, because to be honest thats where most of the fun is.

Cheers.

air23box
31-12-2008, 04:40 AM
it won't be that much difference on normal road....I dun think you wanna to drive it like what you do on track...its really dangerous on street plus is dangerous for others too......of coz with LSD you can feel the car is pulling you out of the corner and without LSD its not......especially when you understeel you can really feel the difference...but I can never feel mine not normal daily driving........only feel that on track......if you dun plan to take it to track...you may as well just get the S.....its more daily friendly and more comfy.....

VTECMACHINE
31-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Yes, yes it does.

Makes car understeer... but the traction out of corners outweights the under.

From stock DC2R dif, to Cusco dif... I am taking corners 3-4km/h faster.

bennjamin
31-12-2008, 09:04 AM
just remember , a standard 1 way LSD will only work under acceleration. So if you spend most your corners backing off , or off throttle you wont benefit its existence.you need to adjust your driving style and hold revs thru the corner to feel the difference.
Try it on the track.

e240
31-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Does it really change the way the car handles around corners? .

In my opinion, All FWD cars should have an LSD. Get whichever you want, even if you get the S, you can easily get an aftermarket LSD installed.

but if i were to take some tight corners/hairpins enthusiastically will there be a huge gap between the dc5r/dc5s or say the AUSDM CTR, because to be honest thats where most of the fun is.

My only advice on this is, Floor the accelerator and use your handbrake or get a RWD and floor the accelerator - don't forget to counter steer...(Don't forget to shout Banzai! as you go around the corner too)...LOL...

Just be careful when you drive enthusiastically around hairpins ok? don't hurt others or yourself. :wave:

tadrosone
31-12-2008, 12:58 PM
haha im not saying im going to copy what happens in initial D but if i were on some windy roads id just want to go around corners a lil hard because in the end they are a sports car and i aint gonna buy one to cruise at 60 everywhere, but at the same time I aint going to push the limits.

Ive regularly been in a DC5R and a CTR and pretty much decided to buy one but at the moment its easier to find a decent km and reasonably priced Type S out there.

Looks like im gonna be a honda boy now haha

VTECMACHINE
02-01-2009, 09:16 AM
(Don't forget to shout Banzai! as you go around the corner too)...LOL...

hahaha, that made me LOL.

A-man
03-01-2009, 10:00 AM
i dont have a LSD in my ys1 box on my da9 and when in boost i get torque steer over 100kmph.... its not a good thing where if i had a LSD i wouldnt have it because the power would b put through them BOTH at the same time not alternating...

plus nothing worse then doing a one wheel burnout... (when warming ur tyres up or something

beeza
03-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Great thread with great info guys! Thx.

Banzai!!

:)

KOV
05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
In my opinion, All FWD cars should have an LSD. Get whichever you want, even if you get the S, you can easily get an aftermarket LSD installed.

My only advice on this is, Floor the accelerator and use your handbrake or get a RWD and floor the accelerator - don't forget to counter steer...(Don't forget to shout Banzai! as you go around the corner too)...LOL...

Just be careful when you drive enthusiastically around hairpins ok? don't hurt others or yourself. :wave:

as a ex dc5r type r owner im selling my mps6 and going to buy a type s. i dont really like that they type s doesnt have lsd :(

How much would it cost to get a lsd installed ?

A-man
05-01-2009, 11:01 PM
i think a lsd are around 1000bucks anyways and the gearbox has to come out...