PDA

View Full Version : air gone into hydraulic brake system

redmugenjazz
02-01-2009, 07:28 PM
so after i have changed my brake pads and bleed the brakes, i realised that the fluid level has gone past the line. I topped it back up but my brakes are still spongy. I tried to re-bleed the brakes but there seem to be not much of a difference with regard to brake stroke distance. Is there anything i could do to fix this problem at home. sorry to be reposting this topic if it was covered b4.

aaronng
02-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Keep bleeding. You need to get a lot of fluid out so that the air at the master cylinder comes out at the calipers.

e240
02-01-2009, 08:55 PM
If air has gone into the master cylinder,you may have to bleed from the lines that come out of the master cylinder.

Loosen the lines, wrap them in some towels to stop spraying or leaking. Get someone to pump a few times until the fluid flows (remember to keep topping up the Master reserviour). With the Pedal depressed, tighten the lines againand then start to bleep from the calipers again.

redmugenjazz
02-01-2009, 11:40 PM
hmm bleed from the master cylinder? where abouts is the bleed screw? i drive a jazz btw

e240
03-01-2009, 12:13 AM
hmm bleed from the master cylinder? where abouts is the bleed screw? i drive a jazz btw

There are no bleed screws.

Its where the lines bolt into the master cylinder. You need to unbolt those lines (Only the ones from the Master - there should be 2)
Also,don't need to pull the lines completely out, as long as the bolts are loose, you should be able to start bleeding.