PDA

View Full Version : CD5 Accord Service.. What oil do you use?

xcwizit
03-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Ey Accord owners, I just did an oil and oil filter change on my '96 CD5. Didnt need to change anything else. I used Mobil Super 2000 10w-40 (replacement of Mobil Synth S). It's a semi synth oil, thought Id try it out for the CD5. Engine takes 4.3L of oil.

What other engine oil do you use/recommend and why?

Spoon-Accord
04-01-2009, 01:09 AM
i use castrol magnatec,

using it quietens the engine and also does a good job protecting it

i use it on all my accords :) and honda's :P

Luke Accord
04-01-2009, 12:22 PM
I use motul chrono v 10w-40. It's supposed to be the best. :D haven't had any problems.

xcwizit
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
i was thinking to buy the magnatec, but at the time autobarn had none in stock and me being myself i like buying things on the spot when it comes to servicing or any other shit for the car.
Luke accord: is that motul chrono synthetic at all ?

FkjAccord
06-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Hey guy

Depending on the kms on the car and how often you service your car.
Eg. every 5k or 10k. You can use a thinner oil for much regular services (5ks) or you can use a slightly thicker oil to protect an engine due to kms on the car (10ks)
On a lighter note i would just stick to the OEM honda oil~ for N/A

FAT VTI
10-01-2009, 10:17 AM
I use Honda Oil most of the time, it is a bit pricey, but pretty much ensures your car will be able to take it well. The only other oil i use is elf synthetic which was pretty good, however if you do not know what to use just stick to honda oil, you cannot really go wrong...
I basically use all honda fluids on my car, it costs a lil more but ensures you made the correct choice. the only non-honda fluid i sometimes use, is nulon coolant, as my mechanic (rob) at hannys uses it as a cost saver.

interfooler
08-03-2009, 06:52 PM
I am using Castrol Magnetic. It does start up smoother in the morning and also idle smoother.