PDA

View Full Version : Removing Stock FD1 Audio/Aircon Fascia

Zedski
03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey guys, :wave:

Just wondering if someone has posted elsewhere, or knows an external link for, a guide or info on how to remove the stock Audio/Aircon control fascia in an FD civic. Although it looks like the fascia can be removed without harming the Aircon/CC panel, im guessing the audio control knobs must be removed, unless the whole stereo is to be removed with it (which i plan to remove later anyway).

The main worry is the location of screws/clips and whether or not i have to remove another part of the dash prior so i don't damage anything. This would be bad as i want to be able to replace all parts if i sell in the future.

This is all leading to me wanting to replace the stock HU once i sort out my replacement fascia with DMX.

Cheers, Zed :cool:

ej20i
04-01-2009, 01:02 AM
there has been heaps on this bro, try search or go to college hills honda website or 8thcivic.com

rossSmith1950
05-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Hey guys, :wave:

Just wondering if someone has posted elsewhere, or knows an external link for, a guide or info on how to remove the stock Audio/Aircon control fascia in an FD civic. Although it looks like the fascia can be removed without harming the Aircon/CC panel, im guessing the audio control knobs must be removed, unless the whole stereo is to be removed with it (which i plan to remove later anyway).

The main worry is the location of screws/clips and whether or not i have to remove another part of the dash prior so i don't damage anything. This would be bad as i want to be able to replace all parts if i sell in the future.

This is all leading to me wanting to replace the stock HU once i sort out my replacement fascia with DMX.

Cheers, Zed :cool:

Try this link mate...http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/audio/37564-diy-aftermarket-radio-install-ex.html

dmx
05-01-2009, 06:01 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85272

follow stage III

Zedski
05-01-2009, 10:16 PM
thanks guys, exactly what i was after