PDA

View Full Version : Wiring for an Eg5 vti civic

jayson
05-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey guys, im doing a DIY audio install. i was just wondering where is the hole for the wires to come through to the battery in the firewall? i cant seem to find any hole anywhere :| also how do i get the wire from the front left carpet to the boot..... i dont know if i should rip all the carpet out or how thats done.

thaaznboi
05-01-2009, 09:09 PM
looks on the drivers side under the dash behind the steering coloum. thats where my main power is. n yes just lift up the carpet n run the speaker cables along the pass side... rcas down the center....n main power down the drivers side. cable tie them down to something as u go along the sides.

geeang
06-01-2009, 05:05 PM
The hole in the firewall should be right next to, or right behind, the battery.
Should be very easy to see when looking at your engine bay.

toonimon
11-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, for my EG it was pretty easy to find, look in the engine bay, you'll find some circular grey plug? slot it through there. should come out -- under the glove box? well, for my car it did, lol. goodluck! My mates and I DIY my car, wasn't too hard.

riruiz_88
11-07-2009, 05:01 PM
yes as above, best and shortest is the hole left of the battery looking at the engine. as for the carpet, depends where you are placing your amp. i put mine under the drivers seat, and the only carpet i had to lift up was the driver side.

hectic_filo
16-07-2009, 10:06 AM
i cant find the whole in my firewall aswell in my CD5 accord, what i did it i run the power cable through the guard and then the through the door plastic plate. works for me. I didnt bother looking for the firewall bcoz the engine bay of cd5 doesnt hav much too for you do move.. unlike the EG its has a big space in the engine bay to look for that hole.

Dont remove the carpet remove the plastic door plate and theres a canal there that the cable will run through and put back the door plate its looks like theres no cables there..

jayson
28-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Yep, already found it months ago :P just had to take a closer look and take the grommets off

hectic_filo
28-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Yep, already found it months ago :P just had to take a closer look and take the grommets off

nice..how ur system goin? luvin it?