PDA

View Full Version : BLUE SLIP? 1977 Honda Civic

77CivicChick
06-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Okay, how exactly will this work, bought this car from adelaide & it being shipped up. In SA they dont have RWC so NRMA reckons Im going to need a blueslip to get rego?

Is this the case even if I just transfer the rego or can I not do that as its from a different state?

Any ideas of how Im best going about this?

95civic
06-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Let me know if you need any stock parts for it because I have a garage full of them!

geeang
06-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Just take it to a mechanic that can do Blue Slips, they should be able to check the car over and see if its roadworthy, and then give it a blue slip so that it can be registered.

77CivicChick
06-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Just take it to a mechanic that can do Blue Slips, they should be able to check the car over and see if its roadworthy, and then give it a blue slip so that it can be registered.

But how picky are they? Sorry if I'm way out of my league but some lad told me if it has ANY rust they wont have a bar of it. Its bound to have some form of rust, its a f*cking '77 lol

So I've gotta pay bue slip, greenslip, then rego it through NRMA or something. Cant just transfer it over? This is gunna cost more than the car was!

cya13b
06-01-2009, 09:47 PM
your best bet would be to contact your local RTA office, they are pretty helpful and if you need a blueslip then they can give you details of all the local licensed mechanical workshops that can provide blue slips. last time i check blue slips are only round the $50 unless you need any modifications or repairs.
And as to rust they wont knock you back for surface rust, only if itis major holes and such.
good luck with it, love those old little matchboxes.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
06-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Its dodgy but find a 'friendly' Blueslip place it would be your best bet (that is IF YOU are confident once the car has arrived)

I would advice basic brake upgrades i.e maybe using a 3rd gen civic brakes (easier to purchase discs and pads and drums?) and little things (not necessary, but just my 2c)

Good luck with the purchase and +1 95civic's vast collect :p

95civic
06-01-2009, 09:58 PM
I personally dont think the brakes will really need an upgrade... Just some new pads and they will be fine assuming the rear shoes are in alright condition, you would be suprised how well they pull up.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
06-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Oh i know they pull well, but im more suggesting the upgrade to make purchases easier (though i imagine you'd be able to find a secret source :p)

MikeyG
06-01-2009, 11:36 PM
why woudl u need to upgrade anything???

clean the car... thats it.... check all your lights... u will get blue slip... dont need upgrade brakes and all the shit.

77CivicChick
07-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Thankyou, all!

So basically, long story short, I've gotta get a blueslip, THEN a greenslip, THEN rego it in my name in NSW?
And fix any shit bits that pop up through this process!

If the car does fail the blueslip though, whats the deal with "whiteslips"?

And why is this all necessary when the car has SA rego till feb 27th?

Sorry & thankyou in advance!

SHOGUNOVDDRK
07-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Blue Slip then Green slip (Insurance) then go to the RTA and you are registered (just provide blue slip and green slip and pay the fee)

Where abouts in NSW are you?

Come to a monthly please :p

Yes fix shit as it comes

When you purchase a car from another state (regardless of if it has registration or not) you need to get a Blue Slip etc etc to register it in this state.

77CivicChick
07-01-2009, 09:14 AM
The fee shouldnt be much should it? Alright! Booked the transport today, they reckon i'll have it early next week. Cant wait!

Whats a monthly?
Im moving to Gosford as we speak.
Was Surry Hills before

So it works the same as if I had have bought an unregistered car? Will the mechanic that does the blueslip tell me whats wrong so I can fix it, then let me have the slip or?

Anyone on here want to check it over for me first so I can just get the shit fixed before f*cking around trying to get slips I may not pass for?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
07-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Fee for my civic was around 200 bucks, shouldn't be expensive.

A Monthly is a meet that i orgnise once a month :p

Have a look here for the next meet for late January

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104235&page=1

lol thats some distance for moving (though the area is well worth it)

Yes, in short its like buying a unregistered car and the mechanic whom is doing the blueslip will tell you whats wrong and needing to be fixed in order to pass (then do it)

If you want a easy Blue Slip and dont mind moving the car a little to the west i know of someone :p

Just let me know (i will get my mate to contact you ASAP with details of the mechanic)

77CivicChick
07-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah maybe that'd be better, Id like to tee it up for the day the car comes in to sydney and do it before I head back up the coast.
I've gotta pick it up from Villawood anyhow, so thats pretty 'west' isnt it? lol
Let me know? Thanks!

MikeyG
07-01-2009, 10:21 AM
ok the things i would check mainly are;

brakes
lights
tyre's

now the mechanics will do a check up thats all... they wont fully dig into your car. Mainly a overall check. ctp+blue for me= 600 could be lower for you or higher depends on where you go.

and before you take it to a mech.. give a good clean. and with the blue slip it will automaticly go to the RTA. and once u got your blue slip done. get ctp pay via credit card is you want fast action and in 1-2 hours that will also be with RTA.

77CivicChick
07-01-2009, 10:23 AM
ANOTHER QUESTION! Why dont the pictures of my car show up in the member gallery? All I get is some patronizing little ****ing blue square lol

Joe kickarse
07-01-2009, 10:26 AM
There's a place at Birrong that can get you blue slips for $55. Probably 10min drive from Villawood.

77CivicChick
07-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Are they hell picky? Thanks joe! Nice pussy lol

Joe kickarse
07-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Not really. The last vehicle i took there had rust on it and still passed.

6thgear
19-01-2009, 12:02 PM
just wondering how you went? think i'd seen that civic. very sweet looking thing, and great condition. racing white! haha

just out of interest, how much it cost to transport from SA? cheers

77CivicChick
20-01-2009, 12:35 PM
It was $400 incl insurance through Ceva Car Carriers. They were so good & cleaned it down for me & everything! Havent done it yet, my mum went into hospital & everythings been crazy! Booked in on Fri, see how we go!