PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] First time new car buyer help

nickxau
06-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Hi guys, went shopping for the Euro today and was unfortunately hit with the price increase for 2009 - first thing the sales rep showed me was a page listing the new prices for all the Honda range :(

Anyway, I was given a starting negotiating price of $45k with tints and mats. What I want is the Euro Luxury AT with rear wing spoiler (not the ducktail), door sill garnish, sports pedal set, accent light set, luggage area protector tray and tints. What do you guys reckon is a reasonable price to ask? Also, do you guys reckon the "buy at the end of the month" tactic still applies?

Suggestions appreciated.

bezzy
06-01-2009, 11:13 PM
buy a manual one if you can drive it!!!

Spoon-Accord
06-01-2009, 11:15 PM
i went today to get the crv's 1000km service,

1 month ago i i got a price of 45k with full aero kit and nav

now its nearly 49 on road :S

nickxau
06-01-2009, 11:37 PM
buy a manual one if you can drive it!!!

I would if I could (my current ride is a MT) but too bad the misus doesn't know how to drive a manual... :(

i went today to get the crv's 1000km service,

1 month ago i i got a price of 45k with full aero kit and nav

now its nearly 49 on road :S

geez that's KRAY-ZEE!? (in BOTH instances) makes me think if I should even be buying a car in this current economic climate...

Spoon-Accord
06-01-2009, 11:40 PM
after today, i wont be touching new cars

my parents bought a new CRV about 2 months ago

dropped it off today for 1000km service

while we waited, we spoke to the sales person who sold us the CRV

we paid 43k for a Luxury with mats and tint

its going for 46.5k manual with no extras lol

snYpz
06-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah thats what i've heard as well. Due to the decreasing sales, apparently honda intends to up the price of its models to increase the profit margin of each sale.

The price you were offered is definitely not worth it. We got our CU2 lux auto satnav, boot tray, tints, ducktail, colour coded mudflaps all for 45k on-road about 2 months ago. I think you should wait and see. Its just the begining of 09, perhaps honda may adjust its pricing once more...you never know.

nickxau
07-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Damn looks like I'm in a sticky situation here then coz my car's come to a point where it's costing too much to fix and it's on it's way out and now's not a good time to buy coz of the price increase and all...

$hite! Just remembered I canceled my current insurance as well... crap...

shakkas
07-01-2009, 12:39 AM
well i know that trivett honda are doing a few driveaway deals soon if you live in sydney

Type R Positive
07-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah, there seems to be '08 runouts too.
If they stuff you around, buy a subaru liberty gt.

SteveH
07-01-2009, 08:18 AM
I would have thought they would be doing some sort of deals on any 08 stock they still have. Maybe try and see what dealers have in stock, see if it is what you want and start negotiating from there.

tony1234
07-01-2009, 09:44 AM
I would have thought they would be doing some sort of deals on any 08 stock they still have. Maybe try and see what dealers have in stock, see if it is what you want and start negotiating from there.
^^^As above.You have to negotiate on cars they have in stock for a good deal.

aaronng
07-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Anyway, I was given a starting negotiating price of $45k with tints and mats. What I want is the Euro Luxury AT with rear wing spoiler (not the ducktail), door sill garnish, sports pedal set, accent light set, luggage area protector tray and tints. What do you guys reckon is a reasonable price to ask? Also, do you guys reckon the "buy at the end of the month" tactic still applies?

If it is a 2009 build (check the VIN number), then 45k for a Lux Auto with sat nav driveaway is good. If it is without sat nav, that you are being hit with regular pricing. I wouldn't take his price increase excuse too seriously. If car manufacturers don't sell, they have to shut down. Toyota Japan is shutting down for a month, so imagine what pressure they are under at the moment.

You can get mats and maybe the luggage protector thrown in for free, but I'm sure they will slug you for the remaining accessories.

Mickazee
07-01-2009, 01:59 PM
I am in the same position as the OP and was wondering what you guys would see as a fair price for a MY08 CU2?

If they're pricing the A/T Luxury at $43,990 and I was after an MY08, what price should I reasonably be expecting to pay?

Edit: I've been lurking this forum for a few months researching the Accord Euro and pretty keen on a CU2. Decided that now's the time :-)

nickxau
07-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks all for your input. For starters let me just say I've downgraded and decided to go for the Euro standard with AT coz I realised that I don't really need all the bells and whistles of the luxury... and cobalt blue btw.

well i know that trivett honda are doing a few driveaway deals soon if you live in sydney

Thanks shakkas for the heads-up. Just came back from TCH (Parramatta) but unfortunately their so-called "deals" aren't all that enticing... they had a demo standard for ~$36-37k. They wanted $40 for '09 complied models due to the price increase!?

Yeah, there seems to be '08 runouts too.
If they stuff you around, buy a subaru liberty gt.

As a matter of fact the Liberty was on my short list of candidates (but not the GT) but I heard that their service costs are pretty high (not that I would exactly call $240 according to TCH "cheap").

@SteveH & tony1234: that's exactly what I'm doing coz only '08 stock have been price protected according to the Honda dealers.

snYpz
07-01-2009, 08:32 PM
^ dont go parramatta honda. We got all four hondas from larke hoskins lol. Funny thing is, everytime we try to bargain for price, the ppl at larke hoskins would always suggest that we go get a quote from trivett then come back to them lol...so i guess trivett is reknowned for higher pricing?

nickxau
08-01-2009, 12:22 AM
^ dont go parramatta honda. We got all four hondas from larke hoskins lol. Funny thing is, everytime we try to bargain for price, the ppl at larke hoskins would always suggest that we go get a quote from trivett then come back to them lol...so i guess trivett is reknowned for higher pricing?

hmmm... maybe?

Has anyone dealt with Rick Damelian in Leichhardt? What is their service like? Their prices on the Euro standard AND luxury look pretty good without even beginning to haggle... :thumbsup:

aaronng
08-01-2009, 07:10 AM
I am in the same position as the OP and was wondering what you guys would see as a fair price for a MY08 CU2?

If they're pricing the A/T Luxury at $43,990 and I was after an MY08, what price should I reasonably be expecting to pay?

Edit: I've been lurking this forum for a few months researching the Accord Euro and pretty keen on a CU2. Decided that now's the time :-)
We cannot tell you how much you should expect to pay. In fact, this forum does not allow threads expected price threads. I just go by the usual pay RRP for driveaway with basic accessories.

timetorelax
08-01-2009, 03:41 PM
hmmm... maybe?

Has anyone dealt with Rick Damelian in Leichhardt? What is their service like? Their prices on the Euro standard AND luxury look pretty good without even beginning to haggle... :thumbsup:

I bought my CU2 lux navi from them. I dealt with Tyson. First time Honda buyer for me, ususally buy Mazda's from Tom Kerr West Ryde

I thought the service was good (plently of coffee from their cafe). It took a few hours(!) of negotiating and threatening to go to another dealer but I got the price and trade in I wanted.

tron07
08-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I got good price from trivette... their service is okay too

nickxau
08-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I bought my CU2 lux navi from them. I dealt with Tyson. First time Honda buyer for me, ususally buy Mazda's from Tom Kerr West Ryde

I thought the service was good (plently of coffee from their cafe). It took a few hours(!) of negotiating and threatening to go to another dealer but I got the price and trade in I wanted.

Too bad I don't drink coffee... do they have Coke instead? :p A few HOURS!? I hope their coffee was nice (or that they have an endless supply of Coke! hehe).

I wish I'm in a position like ur nickname... more like "timetoSTRESS" for me :(

I got good price from trivette... their service is okay too

Really? In that case maybe they thought I wasn't a genuine buyer then coz they didn't really attempt to sell me a car when I went yesterday.

timetorelax
08-01-2009, 06:47 PM
I wish I'm in a position like ur nickname... more like "timetoSTRESS" for me :(

It was getting close to STRESS time but for some strange reason my wife loved it! :confused:

nickxau
08-01-2009, 07:03 PM
o... kay... :eek:

VTECACCORD
08-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Why would prices on the CRV increase ? There made in Thailand, there dollar has gone down just as much as the Aussie dollar so that excuse is a little bit of bull shit isn't it.

P.S I just went and bought some parts to service a citroen, and believe it or not parts for the citroen are half the cost of what parts for my Integra cost. I'm really starting to think Honda is riding on a reputation it built up ages ago and is no longer justified.

fAelb
09-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Why would prices on the CRV increase ? There made in Thailand, there dollar has gone down just as much as the Aussie dollar so that excuse is a little bit of bull shit isn't it.

Nope, that is not the reason for the price increase. Also, I believe the price increase is across the the entire range and not just limited to just the CRV and Accord Euro.

And this appears to be the reason for the price increase:

Due to the decreasing sales, apparently honda intends to up the price of its models to increase the profit margin of each sale.

Seems to be a bad time to buy right now with the price hike.

nickxau
09-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Just for future reference for other people, I sealed the deal this arvo for $37,500 driveaway. Specs are Euro standard, Honda specials (i.e. free rego & CTP, 5yrs Honda warranty, 5yrs Honda roadside assist), tints, mats, bootliner and reverse parking sensors.

timetorelax
09-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Congratulations on the purchase!

Which dealer did you end up buying it from? Also what colour?

Spoon-Accord
09-01-2009, 10:26 PM
crv made in thailand?

if i knew any earlier i wouldnt of bought one :(

euromax
10-01-2009, 04:12 AM
Got my new Honda Accord Euro Luxury Black Auto yesterday for $42500 drive away with:-

Premium white plates
Honda carpet mats
Window Tint
Ipod interface (Honda)

I was excited and looking forward to the genuine Honda Ipod interface but it's control of the Ipod is only useful if you create playlists. It works pretty much like the controls for the incar 6 CD changer where you scroll from song to song on each CD with no direct zoom in on the song you want. Aside from that it's still great to have a direct connection from your Ipod to the stereo..great sound from the original Euro 10 speakers stereo btw but it wouldn't be long before I start thinking about putting in amplifiers and good speakers..and a removable sub hehe.

and while I'm here just wanted to say hi to everyone...great forum.

:)

nickxau
10-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Congratulations on the purchase!

Which dealer did you end up buying it from? Also what colour?

Collins Honda in Rockdale got my business. I got the cobalt blue! :cool:

buddah51au
10-01-2009, 06:55 PM
I found an old receipt today for an Accord VTI (mid range spec) I purchased new in Dec. 1994. $41,990. When you consider how much The Accord has improved over the years there really is really no comparison as we get so much more car for our money these days.
I know money is tight for most of us, but the CU2 is twice the car that the 94 Accord was & much better equipped. This leads me to believe that we get a lot more car for our money these days.

timetorelax
10-01-2009, 08:32 PM
This leads me to believe that we get a lot more car for our money these days.

100% agree!

Type R Positive
10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I know money is tight for most of us, but the CU2 is twice the car that the 94 Accord was & much better equipped. Not only that mate, my base CU2 is a lot safer and better equipped than my old base CL9. All for cheaper too! :cool:

Euro_CU2
06-02-2009, 01:29 PM
From what i know is that price increases are not just for Honda but is for most other car makers as well. It was the same for when my friends who bought the Audi, BMW, Mazda 6 and so on..

December was the best time to by MY08 model as the lowest price i heard was $44K for A/T CU2 Navi model.. with Mats/Tint/Weather shields/Wheel locks..

But At the end of the day i think MY09 model was a good deal ..