PDA

View Full Version : My EG doors are dying

shebangs
08-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Just recently, the passenger window can only wind down 5cm or so before stopping. On top of this, the door, quite literally almost unlocks/opens itself sometimes (at night, the internal light comes on and i have to pull over and open/close the door). On top of this, you can't open the door form the outside.

So like, lol.

Do I have to take it to Windscreen obrien or something?

I was hoping to get a cheaper-ish alarm, central locking and sound deadening installed from Northfield pretty soon, but I spose I have to fix this first?

FastFwd
08-01-2009, 01:22 PM
You have four problems there Shebangs.

1. Electric or manual window not winding down all the way (window motor might be stuffed or the motor arms might be jammed, could remove the door trimming and check whats happening. Would only take 10-20 mins to check

2. Door wont open from the outside. Sounds like the connections from the exterior door handle to the latch is broken or slipped off. Also can be checked when the door trim is off.

3. door Unlocks and opens itself Issue with the central locking or if it doesnt have central locking the door lock isnt Locking properly could also be linked to the exterior door handle issue.

4. Light comes on theres a button which activates the internal light when you open and close the door and its next to the paint code. If your door is opening itself this could just be engaging at the same time.

shebangs
10-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks mate. My mate and I ripped the door open today and the door handle internal mechanism was broken. There's an elbow that seats back on the handle which snapped off. The door opening, was caused by the window pushing down on the mechanism coincidentally simulating the handle being pulled.

Now I just need to find a wreckers with a RA-18 Red door handle.

Cheers mate

FastFwd
12-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeh shouldnt be to hard to find dude...if not just get another colour and get it sprayed.