PDA

View Full Version : ep3R - how easy is it to sell

blks15
09-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying an ep3 in the next few months and I will probably keep the car for a couple years.

Just wondering what every ones thoughts are if I were to sell it in terms of depreciation value, potential interest and how popular the car is in general.

I'm pretty new to this forum. If its a stupid question, let me know. :p

Thanks

EP3EVA
09-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Rite now getting s EP3 R is pretty expensive compare to few months back coz of Dollar to the Yen is so Low, is like paying 40-30% more than it should,..yeh that is you when you import from Japan now.

Even when buying from private locally they jack up the price coz they know you cant getting any cheaper than it.

Can i ask you why you want a EP3 R?? there's only few reason you should choose the EP3 R!!

Yeh thats why i still go for the EP3 R over the DC5 R here can get it like 6-7k cheaper!!

Philip Lee
09-01-2009, 12:05 PM
i plan to keep mine for a long time (i guess this will be my last manual car, since more performance cars are coming out in dual-clutch style box and traffic isn't going to improve any better in the future). so i am not too concerned with resale.

there are always demand for Type Rs and being a JDM has its special appeal.

EP3EVA
09-01-2009, 12:13 PM
the only few reason i choose's the EP3 R coz of the JDM goodness,Is not everwhere and is like a wolf with a sheep body which make it = a sleeper!!!!

blks15
09-01-2009, 12:27 PM
reasons for choosing the EP3 R over the DC5 R - no particular reason, just looking for a hot hatch really. I'm driving an S15 atm, cost too much to run, the rides not as comfortable for everyday use and I want a hatch back with some good performance but can be driven everyday and on long road trips. A good size boot will be handy also.

So you think Ep3's won't be too hard to resell. i've seen a black Ep3 on carsales.com.au and its been up there for a few months now. his dropped the value to about $25k. otheres are going for $30+. So I'm a little curious about buyer potential...

thanks for your comments so far

cupnoodle
09-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't know...the EP3's aren't all that appealing. The only people that can appreciate them, are the fanboys. Everyone else see's it as a normal car. As long as these fanboys stick around, you'll have no problem selling it at higher value.

EP3EVA
09-01-2009, 12:57 PM
reasons for choosing the EP3 R over the DC5 R - no particular reason, just looking for a hot hatch really. I'm driving an S15 atm, cost too much to run, the rides not as comfortable for everyday use and I want a hatch back with some good performance but can be driven everyday and on long road trips. A good size boot will be handy also.

So you think Ep3's won't be too hard to resell. i've seen a black Ep3 on carsales.com.au and its been up there for a few months now. his dropped the value to about $25k. otheres are going for $30+. So I'm a little curious about buyer potential...

thanks for your comments so far

Nah dont get that one is harder to sell a black EP3 R, thats why is not sold at the price of 25k, if is a WHITE one at 25k bang sold already before you could even see it..

Hehe i got my for 25.5k driveaway from a dealer about months ago..

Hmm if you are really in the market for a EP3 R, get this one!! link below!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103155

All the mods he got is MUGEN, MUGEN= $$$

White MUGEN EP3 R = FTW

Resale will not have a issue's

And is Very good in pricing too,cant go wrong

Any these are my 2c, money are yours so yours if you like go for ittt.

I don't know...the EP3's aren't all that appealing. The only people that can appreciate them, are the fanboys. Everyone else see's it as a normal car. As long as these fanboys stick around, you'll have no problem selling it at higher value.

True that, but blks15 he's diff, he's not a fanboy and going for the EP3 R!!

EP3 R FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Philip Lee
09-01-2009, 01:41 PM

as if AUDM DC5R is any different....... :p

blks15
09-01-2009, 02:09 PM
LOL... so am I a "Fanboy" if i get one?

so is this right? white is more popular than black or any other colours? I really don't mind white, gives it it's rice appeal.. how about one with a carbon fibre bonnet?

thanks for the link EP3EVA, I'm not ready to buy yet. give it about couple months..

apparently insurance is quite expensive - approx. $1300 for full comprehensive.

cupnoodle
09-01-2009, 02:12 PM

I dunno man, i don't think there is a comparison in terms of appearance. Anyone who thinks the EP3R looks better would have to be pretty close to blind.

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6563/img3188yd3wx8.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1196/dsc00822mf8.jpg
Looks like a Corolla had sex with a Jazz and produced this.

EK1.6LCIV
09-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Very tidy car, nimble as, always a market for it, such a excellent sized car with performance appeal that can still do weekly shopping with it's more than ample trunk. Insurance will always be dear for imports, hell for my coupe at one stage some ppl wanted 1100 a yr... lol

My parts guy still gets a few coming in for service parts as most can be bought here in OZ from them so that's no problem at all.

It's on my top 10 list

EP3EVA
09-01-2009, 02:23 PM
I dunno man, i don't think there is a comparison in terms of appearance. Anyone who thinks the EP3R looks better would have to be pretty close to blind.

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6563/img3188yd3wx8.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1196/dsc00822mf8.jpg

Hmm no one here ever mention the EP3 R LOOK'S better than DC5 R!!

And i think(IMO) the AUDM DC5 R do look better more of a sport car!!

But thats the only thing is better than the JDM EP3 R that I could think of !,..

Aside from the look of AUDM DC5 R.....JDM EP3 R>>>>>>>>AUDM DC5 R!!

IMO

EK1.6LCIV
09-01-2009, 02:25 PM
I think both are equally appealing cars inside and outside, both have great seating, excellent storage, great brakes and handling to match good economy

mmmm CW

Philip Lee
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM

i wasn't referring to look. i was replying to your comment on "normal car".

it takes more than good looks to be a special car, and look is a subjective thing. i personally would take substance over look any day. also some people may prefer the space of a hatch over coupe.

and your fanboy comment can also apply to DC5.

ps. your pic was a JDM DC5, i was referring to AUDM.

.nhi.
09-01-2009, 03:23 PM
LOL... so am I a "Fanboy" if i get one?

apparently insurance is quite expensive - approx. $1300 for full comprehensive.

hmmm... 1st of all this whole 'fanboy' thing is a load of.... it all comes down to personal preference. If u choose to get one it doesnt make u a fanboy... im certainly no 'fan"girl"' it's jst a nice drive nice car and good daily...

i had an s15 before i got the ep3, dnt regret it... love my car... but still miss the drive of a nissan :p

and regards to insurance... is tht expensive? i was payin $2700 for the s15 or was it coz i was still 18??? :S and i pay $1300 for the EP so it seems cheaper for me... haha

EK1.6LCIV
09-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I hate that fanboy/girl word personally

You like a vehicle, buy it regardless of what others thinks, if it's what you desire, then by all means go for it :D

SuperSteve
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I hate that fanboy/girl word personally

You like a vehicle, buy it regardless of what others thinks, if it's what you desire, then by all means go for it :D

Agreed

Take a look at some ep3's or if a caryard or importer have 1 already see if u can take it for a test drive and look it up and down and go from there. All comes down to what u want

blks15
10-01-2009, 10:02 AM
My original post was to get some feedback about "depreciation value, potential interest and how popular the car is" if i was to purchase one in the near future and sell in a couple years.

Thanks for all your comments. much appreciated..