PDA

View Full Version : DC2R rear bumper accident :( Help please

typerdevil
09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi guys, today i just reversed back into a car parked directly opposite my driveway, the damage is on the corner of the rear bumper it's a scratch and it is out of whack a bit near the wheel arch, i have no camera to show the damage but i went over to pass my details to the person who owned the shitbox across the road. My brother thinks i should either replace the rear bumper or get a qoute from someone who is a panelbeater....

I'm currently driving a DC2R. Yes i am insured - Full Comp Insurance and the other person is Third Party and Theft.

So i was asking if anyone knows or suggest what i can do about it?

JasonGilholme
09-01-2009, 07:03 PM
if the bumper is still in shape (which it probably will be seeing as its plastic) then you should be good to respray it. Chances are the mounts may have broken/bent.

Should pull it off and have a look for yourself before getting a qoute, will save you getting ripped off.

theuan101
10-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Check the plugs that hold the bumper onto car. Better to take it to a good panel beater with lots of experience. Just let the insurance deal with it, that is what you are paying for!!

chargeR
10-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Go to a panel beater if there is no large tears or many tabs torn off the bumper they should just be able to clean it up a bit, repaint it and refit it.

i have no camera to show the damage but i went over to pass my details to the person who owned the shitbox across the road.

Haha no need to abuse the person accross the road's car, you were the one that reversed straight into it :p.

edintegra
14-01-2009, 10:17 PM
yea check the plugs/bolts on the bumper...had something similar, some dude rammed into my rear.
dont forget to also check ur rear light wirings, outside might look okay but interior could be a bit bashed up. go to a reputable panel beater, one that u or ur friends can recommend
and if the price is too good to be true, it probably is.
some bits of paint from my rear bumper is starting to (slightly) flake off