PDA

View Full Version : heres my accord,let me know wat yas think

jestalt19akord
10-01-2009, 12:39 AM
heres some pics of my accord its got stainless steel extractors hi flo cat 2.25inch exhaust,custom cai,vtec controller,carbon bonnet,king springs thats about it.

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/jestalt19akord/?action=view&current=danielcar3.jpg

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/jestalt19akord/?action=view&current=danielcar2.jpg

and heres what it used to look like..

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/jestalt19akord/?action=view&current=S5002964.jpg

BUN-135
10-01-2009, 09:07 AM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/jestalt19akord/danielcar3.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/jestalt19akord/danielcar2.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/jestalt19akord/S5002964.jpg

mr_vti_s
06-02-2009, 08:20 AM
i like how ur car sit. what kind of suspension u got cause i got problem with mine?

xcwizit
07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
i like how ur car sit. what kind of suspension u got cause i got problem with mine?

What problem you got at the moment?
I just put on King Spring Lows on mine. Doesnt sit as nice as Bun-137's, but my god what a difference King Spring makes to the looks and the ride is just as good if not a tad close to the same as standard, im happy with the ride and looks combined! any lower, the ride will get shitter!

mr_vti_s
07-02-2009, 06:20 PM
the story of my car is when i bought it the guy said it was lowered before, but he put back up. and now it sits funny my front is 4inches high n the back 2inches and its very soft(rear suspension). and i want to drop my front about 2-2.25 inches. u think u can help me?

xcwizit
07-02-2009, 06:27 PM
just buy king spring lows for the front. U can buy the front pair from autobarn and install them yourself or bring to a suspension place to install. It will drop 30-35mm 1.5 inches, and then get ur bumpstops shaved. They should shave off 1.5cm, So total it will drop 50cm, dont know what this is in inches..

MRH-22A
08-02-2009, 02:40 AM
i want ur bonnet!

BUN-135
08-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Thats not my car, its jestalt19akord. Im just tryin to help him post his pic up for ppl to see, this is how my car looks like ---------------------->

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w156/BUN-135/IMG_6387.jpg

SHOGUNOVDDRK
08-02-2009, 08:18 AM
I like it Jesta :)

xcwizit
08-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Thats not my car, its jestalt19akord. Im just tryin to help him post his pic up for ppl to see, this is how my car looks like ---------------------->

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w156/BUN-135/IMG_6387.jpg

HOOOTTTT DAYYYYUUUMMMMMM :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jestalt19akord
09-02-2009, 01:43 PM
hey the suspension i got is just standard struts with king spring super lows then its a bit dodgey but i choped 3 coils off them cos i wasnt happy with how it sat

FAT VTI
09-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey bun-135 thats an excellent picture, really captures your car nicely hahaha

quote- the story of my car is when i bought it the guy said it was lowered before, but he put back up. and now it sits funny my front is 4inches high n the back 2inches and its very soft(rear suspension). and i want to drop my front about 2-2.25 inches. u think u can help me?

Your problem is your front suspension is probably stock and your rear suspension is aftermarket.
I suggest you jack your car up and have a look at what your working with, you may have an aftermarket coilover system worth $1500....However im going to guess and say the guy before u put 1.5inch kings "super low" which are yellow.
Basically have a look at the springs its simple really
black,old and crappy looking- Stock springs
Yellow-Kings
Orange-K-mac
they'd be the 2 more common cheap springs for accords (not incl. ebay shit)

I reccomend to fix your problem, find out what springs r in the rear and match them with the front, however you need to work out the condition of the springs and more importantly your shocks. You say its "very soft" suspension which concerns me as I think they may be ****ed but you should have em checked out regardless for shock wear...and spring wear.

If all u want is a small drop u can try to just get k-macs manufactured in house to a drop u like which doesnt affect your shocks...as badly

Why kmac and not kings-
Even if u have kings, they would have most probably sagged a little since new. their condition might be crappy AND Kmacs manufacture in house, so you can determine how low u want the car to sit and they will guarentee to make it equal (or so ive been told) and they incorperate the fact they will sag and justify this by placing them at different heights so after time they will still sit equal.

No im not a salesman for kmacs.
good luck.:thumbsup:

also kmacs and kings are both cheap...so replacing front and rear at the same time won't cost u much at all in terms of how much u can pay for suspension

mr_vti_s
09-02-2009, 09:41 PM
awesome ride. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mr_vti_s
09-02-2009, 10:06 PM
bun-135 very hot car!! very nice..

i checked them and both of the springs+strut are black .(rear suspesion is very very soft) *cant even put 3 person on the back seat cause its really soft*
if i can get decent set of spring n strut (like k'macs i will go from there cause they will cost me cheaper compare to coilovers like u said. n change the strut at d same time. if i drop the front by 2-2.5 inch u think i still have strut travel space? guys i really appreciate ur help im really learning from this..

mr_vti_s
09-02-2009, 10:15 PM
bun-135 i wanna see ur ride one day...

FAT VTI
10-02-2009, 01:08 PM
MR VTI-s talk in the other forum please, its too hard to keep track of both.

quote- bun-135 i wanna see ur ride one day...

I think we can arrange that....do i hear cd5 cruise?

mr_vti_s
10-02-2009, 03:17 PM
sorry mate my bad.

yea lets make a cd5 cruise!!!!!!!!! yea yea

markasia
12-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Can you get super low king springs for cd5 accord? i went a brought lows, cos super low wasnt apparently available. but the lows didnt do much of a difference, he still got his stockies on, would it make a difference with bigger wheels!?!

FAT VTI
12-02-2009, 06:12 PM
no if anything it would probably raise it with bigger wheels as the rolling diameter is increased.
rolling diameter = size of wheel plus the height of tyre.

They dont apparently make super lows for cd5s, I think this is extremely stupid but thats just how it is i spose, u can get them and compress them 1inch and you'd have what u want, however its cheaper to just get k-macs custom made to the lowered height of your choice.

mr_vti_s
15-02-2009, 11:57 AM
guys i been doing i bit of research of i found this KYB AGX shocks, i dont know how much they are so far, but im think just to get this shock n put kmacs on it. what you guys think?

FAT VTI
15-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Yea mate kyb shocks are quite good, i was going to do that when i was looking for a cheaper option.

I think when i was gunna get them with mates rates i was looking at about 330 or somethin but normally were round 400 and up.
But when u think your going to pay 300-400 for k-mac springs, then ur going to pay 400 or so for kyb shocks, you could just about afford a tein basic coilover kit where the shock and springs are made for each other and are height adjustable~~good for defect purposes.

anyways mate, its ur decision.

mr_vti_s
15-02-2009, 09:39 PM
well with tein basic it will cost me roughly from 1000-14000 ship from usa, but im still my homework n getting prices everywhere, like u said if this is the cheaper option i might just do it, wif kyb agx shock+custom kmacs 2.5F/2R..

fatvti is that to low for my cd5? should i go 2F/1.5R???

FAT VTI
16-02-2009, 08:36 AM
tein basic SHOULD be around $1000 shipped to aus on a good day with the exchange rate.
tein superstreet should be around 1300-1400 shipped to aus.
Nothing is too low for a cd5 lol.
It depends what your comfortable with.
tein basics are about a 3inch drop off memory, the front was a tad more so i raised it by half an inch and got it level with the back.
its really up to how u want it to look and more importantly where you drive it. I find 3inch drop pretty easy but im on 18s and im sort of use to seeing stuff on the road or going over speedhumps because im use to it being lower than it is now.

i reckon u need at least a 2.5inch drop over 17s or 18s to have a nice sitting cd5...sorry if i offended anyone.

SuiJin
16-02-2009, 09:25 AM
lol @ thread hijack by bun.

mr_vti_s
16-02-2009, 09:22 PM
i found some tein basic coilover, i was gonna buy them but it will cost me 1600 all together, (cause of the crappy exchange rate) should i wait for a bit when out dollar become high again?

FAT VTI
17-02-2009, 08:18 AM
fk yeah. they from titanmotorsports?

you can even try and source something here in oz.

mr_vti_s
17-02-2009, 08:46 AM
yes from titanmotorsport, but im still looking around d globe, where abput in oz i can get the tein basic?

FAT VTI
17-02-2009, 10:07 AM
maybe but they'll still be pricey, fk i can't believe how bad a price that is from titan, the shitty exchange rate aye...damn. u could of got superstreets for 300 less than that a yr ago...

suspension warehouse sell teins i think , dunno man just google it

Toe_knee
17-02-2009, 12:16 PM
hey guys talking about suspension have u guys considered Megan racing in the US... there coil-overs go for around $900 free shipping....been doing some research on Megan Racing and they are pretty big in the US with cd5. Maybe that is an option..i was thinking of getting it for my car but dunno if its really worth it. Right now im sitting on king springs with KYB shocks, still sits pretty high.

FAT VTI
17-02-2009, 01:57 PM
yeah your king springs will only be dropped 1.5inches from stock mate, your kyb shocks may be shorter but im not familiar with them.

you could replace your springs to get a lower ride.

as for megan racing, ive heard of them, they are pretty low-end stuff, most of it is replica's or copies of more expensive items such as mugen racing LOL.

www.gen5alive.com - this places store has megan racing stuff, and as u can see it doesnt really match the more expensive stuff, however i've heard OKAY reviews at best.

I reckon stick you a brand...its just a safer bet.