PDA

View Full Version : B.C Coilover rear installation

night_wolf
12-01-2009, 09:30 PM
g'day ppl
recently purchased a set of B.C coilovers (not buddy club). installed the fronts droped the ride height and things went like a charm. turned around and when to the rear ones to install em and could not fit them on the OEM LCA. now the issue is i really dont want bling LCA's so wanted to keep it sleeper style and stay with my OEM ones. has any one encountered the same issue before? cars a 94 teggy...

niiCk
12-01-2009, 09:40 PM
did you purchase Type R coilovers? cause you'll need ITR lower control arms. I got a pair;) pm me for price.

mrwillz
12-01-2009, 09:43 PM
sounds like u need itr lcas for sure

night_wolf
12-01-2009, 09:44 PM
nope im not that stupid lol. i know type R LCA's are difference and mines a VTiR so got the fork suspension rear.

mrwillz
12-01-2009, 09:47 PM
show us pic of your actual coilovers

night_wolf
12-01-2009, 09:52 PM
http://www.synicmotorsports.com/images/bc%20EG%20EK%20N+.jpg

NOT ACTUAL IMAGE.

looks like this. rear is exactly like civic EG/EK

issue is the fork is to narrow to slide past my LCA. tired to force it in but wont work.

trism
12-01-2009, 09:53 PM
sure you got the right ones?

night_wolf
12-01-2009, 09:56 PM
yup im hoping its the right ones. cause BC coilovers only have one set to fit teggy VTiR/eg/ek from 96 to 00 96 spec VtiR's have the same LCA as mine. so it shouldnt be a issue. im just hopin some one had the same issue but managed to by pass it.

mrwillz
12-01-2009, 10:31 PM
dc2 forks appear to be wider ? (from quick search on dc2 coilover pics)
Dc2
http://i18.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/21/c7/38c4_1.JPG

EK
http://www.bluetechautohaus.com/images/tr/images/products/New/F2-T1-1.gif

xtat1k
12-01-2009, 11:04 PM
so are they buddy clubs or not buddy clubs ?

hisoka
12-01-2009, 11:19 PM
not buddy clubs.

bc stands for BOR CHAN, its another brand of suspension. its costs about 1600. and is made in taiwan. can be made in most colours even chrome. hope that helps.

your rear ones maybe civic EK just a guess

night_wolf
13-01-2009, 12:12 AM
the pic posted my mrwillz shows how my oem suspension looked like. the B.C/Bor Chan is also similar. but im also guessing that iv got the wrong ones and is the Ek ones like hisoka stated. might have to consult the dealer and see how it goes.

vinnY
13-01-2009, 12:20 AM
yep main difference between regular fork eg/dc to ek is the gap
i believe the dc/eg have a wider fork than ek

hence in the photo above of the n+ for the ek, there's washers/spacers for the work whereas the eg/dc will not have these

night_wolf
13-01-2009, 12:30 AM
true true ek lca is thinner than teggy/eg. ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!! the site for BC doesnt mention anything about the ones i have being for the EK though. i dunno! to much head f@$k!!! ill just talk to the dealer.

thaaznboi
13-01-2009, 02:42 AM
just stick to ur stockies! LOL

HAHAHA

squish85
13-01-2009, 04:31 AM
machine off the bush ?

Taken from source: http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=66191 (requires registration)

8 ) SUSPENSION (Handling) Rating 8/10
Info:
(i)EH9/EG4/EG5/EG6/EG8/EG9/EK3/EK4/DC2 front suspension is same and compatible.
(ii)DC2 Typer 96 version and some EG4/EG8 rear suspension is "hub" type. Slot into the rear hub & not secured by bolts on the rear lower arms like (iii) & (iv).
(iii)Most EH9/EG4/EG5/EG6/EG8/EG9/DC2 onwards rear suspension is fork type and compatible. The suspension bushing is longer than (iv).
(iv)EK4/EK3/EK9 rear suspension is same fork type as (iii) but the suspension bushing is shorter than (iii).
(v)To lower ur car, u can just swap lowering springs on your stock suspension or to use adjustable suspension. See section (9) on camber kits.
Upgrade:
(a) For budget upgrades, KONI shocks with lowering springs is a common option. KONI shocks have 3 adjustable heights and u can also adjust the "hardness" of the shocks. This set-up is only gd for those with smaller budgets and drivers with mild driving habits. If u love hard cornerings, the shocks wont last more than 1yr. 1 new shock is abt $125 each and a set (4 pieces) of lowering springs is abt $200-300.
(b) For better performance, Coilovers are good. There are japan brands like TEIN and taiwan ones like BC etc. Usually newer coilovers are height adjustable with damping adjustment points for "hardness" level of the shocks. I find TEIN coilovers reliable and worth the $ spent. There is a series of coilovers from HR to SS for street racing to track use. U might want to check out the chart in TEIN webside to find out wat suits ur ride.
(c) When changing suspension, take note of (ii), (iii) and (iv). It is common for EG bros using TEIN coilovers designed for EK rides, u need to machine off to shorten yr rear lower arm metal bushing to fit the rear coilover. (d) When u buy 2nd hand suspension set-up, it is best u send to a workshop to check for leaks. Coilovers are usually serviceable but the normal suspension like KONI is not.
(e) There is such thing as a "spring adjustor" (black rubber thingy) to wrap around yr springs to stiffen yr ride. Not a gd product coz it can slip off the springs and u will have a hard time getting it back in position. Anyway, if yr springs are getting softer.. u shd probably get a new set of springs.

It might only apply to Tein suspension only.. But I did came across another posting about someone who had run EK suspension on his DC2..

Hopes this helps

mr180sx
13-01-2009, 09:11 AM
true true ek lca is thinner than teggy/eg. ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!! the site for BC doesnt mention anything about the ones i have being for the EK though. i dunno! to much head f@$k!!! ill just talk to the dealer.

just grind your lca down.easy pesy

wasabi
13-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Ive got the Buddy Club N+ that suits EK, EG/DC. When the spacers are inside the forks its for EK but you can push it out and put it on the outside it will fit EG/DC. It says this in the instructions.

Hope this helps.

night_wolf
13-01-2009, 11:30 AM
just stick to ur stockies! LOL

HAHAHA

F@$King hell bro! front coilovers and rear stockies are throwing the car around when i take the corners. :(

whats happening with thanhs ones??? changed em?

night_wolf
13-01-2009, 11:31 AM
thanks for the info ppl might try a shave if they refuse to change the coilovers for me. but im going spastic if they refuse too lol.

Red_EG4
13-01-2009, 07:15 PM
thanks for the info ppl might try a shave if they refuse to change the coilovers for me. but im going spastic if they refuse too lol.

Ive got the Buddy Club N+ that suits EK, EG/DC. When the spacers are inside the forks its for EK but you can push it out and put it on the outside it will fit EG/DC. It says this in the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Did you look into the info wasabi gave you?

tRipitaka
13-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Did you look into the info wasabi gave you?

unsure whether that's the case with BC coilovers (not buddyclub)

but to the OP, it seems like you bought EK coilovers rather than EG/DC ones

try and get a refund/exchange

Benson
13-01-2009, 07:19 PM
just grind your lca down.easy pesy

Thats they only way to do it :p

Red_EG4
13-01-2009, 07:20 PM
unsure whether that's the case with BC coilovers (not buddyclub)

but to the OP, it seems like you bought EK coilovers rather than EG/DC ones

try and get a refund/exchange

I thought it was worth a shot before grinding the bush on the lca's, or going off at a seller.

night_wolf
14-01-2009, 04:29 AM
yup its just a case of shaving the bushin on the lca with teggys/eg bc aka bor chan doesnt have a range to exact fit the lca on teggys/eg apparently. spoke to the dealer and then spoke to my mechanic who happens to also run the same coilovers on his track car, said to shave a bit off and it will work like a charm he had to do the same to his car.

well this should be a heads up for anyone whos getting BC aka bor chan coilovers for teggys/egs