PDA

View Full Version : Window / Central Locking problem

xcwizit
13-01-2009, 04:24 PM
WINDOW!!!!
Im having a problem with my front passenger window. Was working fine before I took the passenger door trim out and the electrical plug that sits on the inner door (next to speaker) to change the speakers.
Now the only functionality I have is it allows me to push window down but not up from the power window passenger side button, but on the drivers side, does not let me function.

But when I push the plug which is sitting in rubber on the inner part of the door, the functionality is normal again.

CENTRAL LOCKING!!!
Central locking is stuffed on front passenger side, was working fine before I took the passenger door trim out and the electrical plug that sits on the inner door (next to speaker) to change the speakers. The other doors lock as normal but the front passenger doesnt lock, I got to lock it by itself.

The problem with the window and C/L on the front passenger door only started after i took the door trim off to replace the speakers. Another thing the plugs dont hold right or feels not clipped in on the door, as this might be the cause of the problem.

FAT VTI
15-01-2009, 01:33 PM
hmm, sounds like u mucked something mate lol.
So are all your wires connected exactly the same as they were before u took off your door trim. It sounds like it obviously is a wire not connected. probably worth taking your door trim off again and double checking, just my 2 cents.

xcwizit
15-01-2009, 08:11 PM
well, when i took off the door trim and disconnected the plugs from both sides. the bottom half of the plug was connected to other end of other plug. The top half wasnt being used and i thought id drill a hole in it for the speaker wires but didnt end up using it, so now central locking wont work, and the plugs dont feel like they sit tight and clipped in to each other now.

Dont know where to go from here...

rc70ys
15-01-2009, 08:27 PM
hi,
my drivers door stopped lockling via remote? the other 3 lock via remote, driver door only manually. anyone had this problem?
what can it be. worked fine before

FAT VTI
17-01-2009, 02:40 PM
xcwizit- I'd probably go buy some testing wires with alligator clips and click all the wires together in their correct order as if they were plugged . Then try and see if this works and solves ur problems. If it does, u just need to put a new plug on (jaycar for like $4). If not you just eliminated that problem.