PDA

View Full Version : LS won't start

LS Integra
13-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Hey guys,

This problem started happening around 2 weeks ago, ive had the car for nearly 5years now and no problems like this ever happened.

the car will basically be sitting in my driveway. i jump in and try to start it, get to reds, usual lights are on, batt, oil and the engine light stays on, which iirc means fuel injection system problem? (just checked the manual and thats what the manual says) usually the engine light will stay on for around 3-5seconds then turn off and the car will start.. but the light stays on and it will turn the engine over, but it wont start. it will be like that for 5-20 minutes, whilst im taking the key out, putting it back in, turning to reds to wait for the engine light to go on and then off like its supposed to then it will start.

but its really starting to piss me off and i want to know a couple of things, 1. if anyone else has had this problem with the LS, 2. if they've fixed it and 3. what did you have to do/replace?

thanks heaps in advance guys :D

A-man
13-01-2009, 11:00 PM
so because the engine light is on all the time it wont start? have u checked the error???

sounds like its fuel delivery no leakin fuel lines? the fuel pump working? main relay usual prob

yourfather
13-01-2009, 11:01 PM
check your coil plug thingy..

Jon_51
14-01-2009, 12:28 PM
so the orange light on your dash stays on? it's turning over normally but never fires?
can you hear the fuel pump prime?
sounds like the main fuel relay is faulty.

1. yes my mfr has gone - happened a couple years ago, I put up with it on the on and off for a while till it ****ed out for a couple hours when i was at the beach.
2. yes I fixxed it.
3. ordered a new one from honda and put it in - never had a problem since. cost about 120 for the part.

A-man
14-01-2009, 06:22 PM
u can just re solder them i did mine no probs since