PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump help

Webby_roller
13-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Hey guys, I am having a bit of trouble regarding the fuel pump for my car....

I have an ED with the JDM D15b vtec....

If i were to upgrade the pump to a Walbro 255 lph, would I require a bigger FPR? Or can the original FPR cope with the increase in flow...

I know that this pump is overkill, but the pumps I have used have issues supplying enough pressure. Current item is a bosch 070, has heaps of flow, not enough pressure...

if there is another external fuel pump that people are using that isnt as much overkill, but can still pump the required pressure, please post the part number and i will have a look into if it is suitable for my application.

Cheers

Webby_roller
15-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Ok, I have researched more into this situation and if there is anybody that is in the same situation, i will post what i find...

For now, I have found that alot of people have gone for the walbro 255 and have had to spend the extra money to purchase an adjustable FPR as the pump will outflow the stock FPR.

To get around this situation, alot of people run the smaller 190lph walbro pump.

GSL391: (walbro 190lph)
http://www.expressfuelpumps.com/images/gsl391-psi.jpg

GSL392: (walbro 255lph)
http://www.expressfuelpumps.com/images/gsl392-psi.jpg

I have spoken to a few mechanics and they said that the fuel pressure under no vacuum should be approx the 50-60 psi range. (could this be clarified for me please)

If so then the walbro 190lph would be sufficient without being overkill, and still have room to move in the future...

Does anybody know the flowing limit of the stock FPR???

Say that the mechanics were right, and say fuel pressure needed was 55 psi, then with the 190lph, I would receive, at a minimum 12v, approx 132.5lph @55psi

The 255lph, i would receive 208lph @55psi...

Would either of these outflow the stock fpr, or would the 190lph be safe and the 255 require an AFPR?

Cheers

Webby_roller
17-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Anybody had this trouble and have solved it???

trism
17-01-2009, 10:52 AM
this Q woulda been better off in the tech section

Webby_roller
18-01-2009, 12:52 AM
yeah.. it would be now.. i began with a noob question... but after researching it for a couple of straight hours I found alot of helpful info that would of fit perfectly in the tech section... if mods read this and want to move it, that would be appreciated....

Cheers