PDA

View Full Version : wire tucking eg

ucme
14-01-2009, 12:19 AM
hey guys

ive got a dilemma as to where to tuck the wires on the driver's side strut tower??

if anyone has information they know can help please post

thanks

JasonGilholme
14-01-2009, 07:29 AM
down the fenders on both sides man.

Piece of cake.

If you have a sol theres no need to cut any wires:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/jasongilholme/16LTR/before.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/jasongilholme/16LTR/after.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/jasongilholme/16LTR/IMG_6877.jpg

mr180sx
14-01-2009, 10:25 AM
In a eg you have to extend wires.

ucme
14-01-2009, 11:16 AM
hey jason yeah ive got a sol aswell. i tucked the headlight harness without extending any wires. but in regards to all the orange and gray clips how and where exactly did you feed them. as they go behind the engine and without extending them i dont see where i can feed them

thanks

JasonGilholme
14-01-2009, 01:39 PM
with my engine harness i unplugged it, pulled one half back into the cabin made a new hole for it to go through near the base of the fire wall near the steering rack.

The wiring for the block i tucked wherever it wouldn't be seen. alot is under the intake manifold and hidden by radiator hoses etc. You can't hide them all but you can do a damn good job of it.

It helps if you remove all the tape and plastic conduit so you can get the most out of the wiring thats already there. You can buy new tape and conduit from autobarn and rewrap it once the wiring is re-run.

Same thing for the passenger side harnesses (both engine + headlight) :thumbsup:

I've still got things i'd love to do to mine. (Fuel filter, Clutch resevoir and BMC Vac Line) But all in good time.

lenz
14-01-2009, 01:46 PM
where do you feed it through into the fender?

JasonGilholme
14-01-2009, 01:50 PM
you pull the headlight loom back into the cabin and you feed it though from the interior.

Once you take the fender off theres a hole which you can use to get the wires from the interior into the fender area.

jezboi
14-01-2009, 02:02 PM
someone post pics of how you extend the wires for eg and which ones you have to extend

lenz
14-01-2009, 02:40 PM
what do you feed it through the door loom?

Paul1985
14-01-2009, 03:05 PM
what do you feed it through the door loom?

Yes, Thats what i did, made a small slit in the grommet and ran the wires through this grommet. With the fender off you will see how you can feed the wires through the inner fender.

I cant remember exactly what wires i extended (take note i was tucking a k24a EG). I think it was about 2 of the wires that goto the earth junction on the passenger side and about 2 wires to the underhood fusebox (located it under the dash). I also had to make new starter/battery cables.

nd55
14-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Are the red connectors original Honda Items? If not where did you get em?

Nick.

JasonGilholme
14-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Are the red connectors original Honda Items? If not where did you get em?

Nick.

is this directed at me?

nd55
14-01-2009, 09:39 PM
> is this directed at me?

sorry, not clear and yes.

Nick.

dumped echo
16-01-2009, 06:44 PM
What are people using to block the original hole that the wires came though on the firewall. Short of welding them shut...
On an EG there will be visible hole on left and right side just behind the strut towers. Whereas on Ek's they go in under the battery...

In the posted pics of the sol there's like a black box blocking it, but on a civic it is just in plain view.

JasonGilholme
16-01-2009, 06:57 PM
drivers side i'm unsure of as i just have the grommit in there at the moment. but the passenger side you can get a blank for from honda as far as i know.

I think the preference is just welding them up with a nice bay shave.

wire tuck is great, but a wire tuck with a bay shave is SEX!

Paul1985
24-01-2009, 05:01 PM
drivers side i'm unsure of as i just have the grommit in there at the moment. but the passenger side you can get a blank for from honda as far as i know.

I think the preference is just welding them up with a nice bay shave.

wire tuck is great, but a wire tuck with a bay shave is SEX!

You can get grommets for them supposedly.

JasonGilholme
24-01-2009, 05:38 PM
i was looking on honda tech recently and people there have been able to order OEM grommets to fill all the holes in the bay.

Have a search cause i'm sure they posted part numbers.

Paul1985
24-01-2009, 05:59 PM
i was looking on honda tech recently and people there have been able to order OEM grommets to fill all the holes in the bay.

Have a search cause i'm sure they posted part numbers.

I remember seeing part numbers somewhere, USA part numbers are different to Australian part numbers.. The best bet is to print the diagram and take it to the local honda parts dealership and ask them to get it in for you. If they are as bad as the dealership local here they will just say they cant get it when they most probably can. I've had that numerous times..

trism
24-01-2009, 07:36 PM
i dont mind the look of a tucked engine bay that hasnt been shaved

dumped echo
29-01-2009, 06:45 PM
if you develop a good relationship with your honda dealership they may let you use their computer with them to find the part.
They have diagrams and you can click on the area and zoom in etc to find the part.

Thanks for the info guys