PDA

View Full Version : Removing Spoiler

Reagan
17-10-2004, 08:51 PM
So what are the steps that have to be undertaken when removing the spoiler from a euro accord?
Has anyone done this before?
How do you block the holes etc....

PERTH_EURO
17-10-2004, 09:31 PM
I regret getting my spoiler now.
To properly get the holes welded and resprayed I was quoted around $600. But I had the feeling that was one of those "i dont want the job so I'll quote heaps" senarios

The only other thing that will need to happen is reconecting the high mount stop lamp on the back shelf.

Keep us informed of any quotes you get

cda96
17-10-2004, 09:53 PM
600 sounds wayyyy too much, bout 300 should b reasonable
thats with holes welded not just filled and the respray
yer dun 4 get to reconnect brake light as well
;)
got mine done for 200 (mates rates tho)

Reagan
17-10-2004, 10:01 PM
we can be friends cda96

the smash repairs on long st quoted me $800 to respray one of my doors and side skirt,

I thought i could just take the spoiler out and use some special tape to block the holes, maybe that way is bodgey =)

A'PEXi
17-10-2004, 10:09 PM
undo the bolts, fill the holes (plugs/bog/tape) whatever...
pretty straight forward, if there is a wire for the brake light, just cut it, and connect it back up to the high mount light.

PERTH_EURO
17-10-2004, 10:56 PM
just remember its a $40000+ car, not a $5000 silvia drift pig.

I reckon $300 sounds reasonable. Hmm i may have to get some more quotes

bigdongers
17-10-2004, 11:41 PM
why do you guys want to remove the spoiler anyway? I'm not a big fan of it but I wouldn't be so annoyed by it to want to remove it

toE
18-10-2004, 12:20 AM
undo the bolts, fill the holes (plugs/bog/tape) whatever...
pretty straight forward, if there is a wire for the brake light, just cut it, and connect it back up to the high mount light.

P'cisT
18-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Go find another Euro owner with the same colour that hasn't got a spoiler and do a straight boot swap. Cost = $0.

Type R Positive
18-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Go find another Euro owner with the same colour that hasn't got a spoiler and do a straight boot swap. Cost = $0. The dealer might help you out, but I wouldn't expect any money in return for it.

Reagan
18-10-2004, 11:19 AM
I never liked a spoiler
but since my dad was buying the car for me i cant complain =)

cda96
18-10-2004, 05:25 PM
on sum cars the no spoiler look is much betta, if it suites the lines of the car
it can giv a nice sleak look and also makes it look like it sits a lil lower

h22a accord
18-10-2004, 06:21 PM
I never liked a spoiler
but since my dad was buying the car for me i cant complain =)

WTF!!!! your dad bought you the car? lucky boy.

Reagan
18-10-2004, 06:48 PM
yeah but you know
he chose the car
I guess he wanted a reason to buy it thats probably why lol
but i aint complaining!

revNhevN
18-10-2004, 07:20 PM
if your car was white i would consider swapping boots with you, Reagan.

Reagan
18-10-2004, 07:32 PM
you want it? can pretend its carbon fibre dude

viperx
19-10-2004, 12:52 AM
unpainted carbon fibre boots instead of bonnets!! that'd be a new trend

Slugoid
19-10-2004, 01:16 AM
Haha, stock spoiler looks :thumbdwn:

Could of saved a few hundred dollars from not getting the boot spoiler. I know heaps of owners who have the whole factory kit minus the boot spoiler and it looks mint. Wish I had the extra money for the side, front and rear skirts :(

Reagan
19-10-2004, 09:49 AM
i think it was free, with the tint etc, not sure =)

revNhevN
19-10-2004, 10:27 AM
u can pretend that you have a "white" carbon firbe boot then. I've seen some cars with black boots. Looks good if you have a black bonnet on a white car.

cda96
19-10-2004, 10:36 AM
unpainted carbon fibre boots instead of bonnets!! that'd be a new trend

haha think its already started, hav seen sum S2k's like this

PERTH_EURO
01-06-2005, 12:59 AM
My car has now been de-spoilered.
Looks so much better, but an expensive exercise.

So if anybody wants a perfect euro spoiler, i have one for sale

kam
01-06-2005, 11:46 AM
i have to agree, the Euro spoiler looks really bad, even when people do put spoilers on them, it rarely suits... it looks best spoiler-less

bigdongers
01-06-2005, 01:56 PM
My car has now been de-spoilered.
Looks so much better, but an expensive exercise.

So if anybody wants a perfect euro spoiler, i have one for sale

how much did it cost to get done?

Also, don't they change the struts on the boot to accomodate for the extra weight of the spoiler? You will need to remove this too yeah?

stephen8512
01-06-2005, 04:50 PM
yeah timbo how much did it cost ya?
cuz once i ge tmy kit i wanna get rid of it

PERTH_EURO
01-06-2005, 05:10 PM
final bill to come through yet. I expect about $500

PERTH_EURO
01-06-2005, 05:17 PM
how much did it cost to get done?

Also, don't they change the struts on the boot to accomodate for the extra weight of the spoiler? You will need to remove this too yeah?

hmm not that im aware off.

The bott actually works properly now. With the spoiler and the weight of the dynamatt it never used to pop up.. now it does.

I just need to figure out how to remove the rear high mount stoplight.
It appears they not only reoved the globe but also put a blanking plate in there. I have new globe and glode holder but faarked if i can figure out how to remove blanking plate within the housing?

Any sugestions?

PERTH_EURO
01-08-2005, 02:35 AM
Still no bill for removing spoiler. I am keeping quiet about that one.

I also figured out how to fix the rear high mount stoplamp.
I removed it with a big screwdriver (ouch) no damage but.

Turns out that when they fit the spoiler they put a little black rubber sticker over the lens to black out the light. (as well as removing the globe).
Once i removed that & put it all back together, installed clip and globe from inside boot i was away with how it should be :thumbsup:

VirIIx
01-08-2005, 04:22 PM
When i had the car it didn't have the boot spoiler for a few weeks because they had to order it in and i wanted my car.. well NOW (had waited 1 month for it to arrive back then when it was in high demand - one week after the next it was promised)

I like the stock spoiler, it looks nice imo, not the best, nor is it the worst. But it helps with parking :D I couldn't imagine my euro without a spoiler.

I also checked my spoiler and im not sure whether it's bolted on or not, it just looks like very strong industrial adhesive double sided tape on it...

Though only the odd euro on the road has a spoiler, so it's nice to look a bit different since the majority don't have one - it's nice to be different now i see 10-15 euros on the drive home from the city..

I'm sure some of you have seen me pass by if you're heading towards Epping Road through the Harbour Tunnel in sydney ;)