PDA

View Full Version : caught ?

shadou
14-01-2009, 11:20 PM
I was driving when I was flashed by an unmarked police ute, my question is I got overtaken by a commodre and I was definitely under the speed limit doing 57km/h at the time having just pulled out of a side street. Would they be able to determine who was the one speeding ?

M@lew
14-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Would you be the one who they were flashing then? And are you 100% it was unmarked police?

Gio
15-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Flashing your lights is actually illegal.

Yeah, how do you know it was the po po.

Also did you get a fine?

Paul1985
15-01-2009, 07:17 AM

Also did you get a fine?

Pretty sure he means the flash from the speed camera.

cupnoodle
15-01-2009, 07:52 AM

Also did you get a fine?

If he got a fine, he would be asking a different question

SNKS2K
15-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Well i dont think so.

if there are 2 cars in the photo then nope, they cant determine who is the culprit.

Ive been flashed like 3 or 4 times, but there was always 1 or more cars next/infront/behind to me. never got a fine. Good luck man.

Q_ball
15-01-2009, 08:05 AM
If you were definitely under the limit, have a coke and a smile.

mars_panas
15-01-2009, 08:15 AM
the cops can determine which car was in the wrong... same thing happened to me...

but yeah i could be wrong... only one way to find out. if you don't receive the letter than u didn't but if u did you can always write a formal letter...

good luck

typerdevil
15-01-2009, 11:11 AM
shadou, i would take that up if i was you. most cases have been won against speed radars...

Crapdaz
15-01-2009, 11:39 AM
just wondering do they send a image of you being caught when you get your fine?
pretty sure you only receive a fine if you did get caught.

shadou
15-01-2009, 12:45 PM
yes I am 100% sure of all the information provided, as for the flash I saw it flash twice in my rear view mirror as I thought it was suspicious a ute would be parked in such a place with no construction work in the area plus the new box hill police station was relocated just up the road from where I was exiting and a lot of police activity was in the area.

oh and I rang my local police station at 11:30pm, very helpful considering the matter, the officer said that usually if they cannot determine then they do not pursue the matter. Well I'll believe that

Type R Positive
15-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Well i dont think so.

if there are 2 cars in the photo then nope, they cant determine who is the culprit.

Ive been flashed like 3 or 4 times, but there was always 1 or more cars next/infront/behind to me. never got a fine. Good luck man.
same here. :cool:

Type R Positive
15-01-2009, 01:42 PM
oh and I rang my local police station at 11:30pm, very helpful considering the matter, the officer said that usually if they cannot determine then they do not pursue the matter. Well I'll believe that2 cars in the photo, hard to prove it was you. :thumbsup:

FAT VTI
15-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Don't they have to actually get u and then pull u over?

was it at night? did u have ur lights on?

Gio
16-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Pretty sure he means the flash from the speed camera.

Cop cars use radar not a flash...ITS A DISTRACTION THEREFOR ITS DANGEROUS FOR A FLASH TO BE USED.

Hence why they use radar.

shadou
16-01-2009, 10:05 AM
well I definitely saw 2 flashes, and it was during the day approximately at 7:50pm, I just finished work

Diz44zy
16-01-2009, 11:25 AM
ha I use to do this when i was a kid, hide behind a car with my camera flash and flash the nobs the speed past my house. Some ppl would break so heavily. It might have just been another kid doing this if u saw a flash.

Sherweeeny
16-01-2009, 04:46 PM
ha I use to do this when i was a kid, hide behind a car with my camera flash and flash the nobs the speed past my house. Some ppl would break so heavily. It might have just been another kid doing this if u saw a flash.

LOL this does bring back memories.

only worry about it if you receive a fine mate!

Type R Positive
16-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Cop cars use radar not a flash...ITS A DISTRACTION THEREFOR ITS DANGEROUS FOR A FLASH TO BE USED.

Hence why they use radar.
Cop car speed camera units use a flash........

shadou
16-01-2009, 07:29 PM
yea, has anyone else noticed an increase in police around the eastern suburbs ? I passed 2 under covers along blackburn road near the fwy entrance with some P plater in a dumped commodre wagon, earlier in the week I saw foot police signaling cars to pull over after the pedestrian strip outside the post office

M@lew
16-01-2009, 07:31 PM
My mum said she saw those undercovers too and that they had pulled over a Honda. Guess we'd better keep more of an eye out.

shadou
17-01-2009, 09:46 AM
yeah Blackburn road used to be just the occasional undercover speed camera near the doncaster intersection going towards the pines

irusti
19-01-2009, 08:48 AM
A speeding vehicle can be detected and photographed even if it is within a line of vehicles. The angle at which the cameras are set enables pictures to be taken even if another vehicle is in close proximity unless your covered by something big like truck or a bus . ITS THAT GOOD.:thumbsup:

OMG.JAI xD
19-01-2009, 09:22 AM
there are sensors on the roads too.

it helps authorities to pin point which car was speeding.

pay attention next time to the road, just where the cameras are placed. there is darker rectangular spots.