PDA

View Full Version : ORC possible clutch issue?

dupac->
15-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anything is wrong wit my clutch.. ORC clutch and lightened flywheel.

after the clutch was put in about 10,000 to 15,000kms ago.. the clutch seemed very grippy on down gearing.. i would have to rev match to get the gears down, because if i didnt the car would give a "THUD" grips and jerks..

thats not the problem.. after awhile the clutch seem to have worn in.. i can start down shifting without rev matching and it will down shift smoothly.

but now i notice once in a while it stutters when i down shift...

any problem with it ? not all the time.. more when i down shift slowly. maybe not enough revs on the down shift?

normal? nothing to worry about?

most of the time is when i release my clutch slowly on the down shift.

any experienced this with an ORC clutch?

sometimes i find it hard to put in first gear aswell.. but thats normally when its cold..

stock b16a box with orc clutch kit.

any info would be good.

Benson
18-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Give your clutch cylinder a bleed

dupac->
22-01-2009, 08:28 AM
lol ill ask kiet to do it... he needs to put my my brake booster anyway!
well soon when i can be bothered.
haha!

thepope1986
22-01-2009, 04:26 PM
did you get the flywheel machined when you replaced the clutch or was it a brand new flywheel?

dupac->
22-01-2009, 04:32 PM
both new clutch and flywheel dude..

phwoaaa
22-01-2009, 05:33 PM
i know that it is normal for first gear to be hard to get in..

but yea dunno about the stutters.. goodluck in finding the problem!

iv got a set sitting at home .. hopefully it wont have any problems

vinnY
22-01-2009, 07:33 PM
uh hows your engine mounts look dude?

dupac->
23-01-2009, 08:20 AM
its a great clutch... i think it may be my mounts.

or i have to adapt to the way the clutch drives which i have but at htimes i tend to get lazy coz the car is too noisy to drive like that..
:S

IEVAQ8
23-01-2009, 08:40 AM
I think the prob u are having, isn’t really a prob but more driver issue……

I have ORC single plate as well, and sometimes I have noticed if there isn’t enough acceleration and ur taking off, or at friction point it will shutter the way u have explained…..

Mine usually does this when im doing a u-turn or just turning, as I only use very light acceleration but u have the clutch at friction point, and especially with LSD front, it almost feels like you have a welded locker………..lol

Slaz
25-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Not that ive ever driven a car with an orc clutch, but seems alot of people with them have the hard to shift, get in gear, thud and shuddering problems.

Can anyone else add to this?

dupac->
25-01-2009, 11:44 AM
I think the prob u are having, isn’t really a prob but more driver issue……

I have ORC single plate as well, and sometimes I have noticed if there isn’t enough acceleration and ur taking off, or at friction point it will shutter the way u have explained…..

Mine usually does this when im doing a u-turn or just turning, as I only use very light acceleration but u have the clutch at friction point, and especially with LSD front, it almost feels like you have a welded locker………..lol

yeah seems about right.. not enough acceleration sems to make it stutter..
lol dont ge tme wrong im used to it... but i guess i gotta keep on dirving like that...

cant drive it like a normal clutch.. seems about right to me..

just double checking to see if other ORC users have the same issue thats all....

haha i guess i gotta be heavy on the throttle and rev more
hahaha