PDA

View Full Version : new to hondas

pseretis01
16-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi guys soz for the stupid question but i was wondering i recently purchased a 1995 Integra GSI and was wondering is this a DC4? I want to know what model it is so i can look for parts and know what fits and what not? Also i know i have a b18 engine but i see b18a-c. What does this mean and what do i have?

Soz for the crappy questions but this will help me out alot.

Thanks in advance

RR-04-RR
16-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah its a DC4

being a 1995, it wouldnt be a b18a? as b18a were pre 1993.. it would a b18b2

Released: Late 1993-2001
Engine: B18B2: 1.8L DOHC, 107kW@6300RPM
Torque: 172Nm @ 5200RPM
Weight: 1146kg

do you have any photos?

pseretis01
16-01-2009, 11:41 AM
not atm its complete stock except i just put in king spring super lows and a strut brace ill get some pics up asap. I am also looking at a turbo kit for it. After doing research i have a budget of nomore than 2 grand the power output of a turbo will be the same as a vtec if i am correct? I would prefere turbz as it will be a good project to learn the mechanical side or things. Also i will be doing a full respray but not sure of a colour. Im thinking baby blue? any suggestions?

RR-04-RR
16-01-2009, 12:48 PM
i dont think 2 grand would be enough to turbo an engine, it could but it would be a really dodgy one.

the b18b produces more Hp and Nm than a D series engine stock (i'm assuming that is what you're reading from?... turbo D series?), but i'm not too sure how reliable it would be. best to ask someone that has done this project before

Pick a colour that suits you, if you're after baby blue then go for it, it'll look good, i'm more of a CW guy :D

OMG.JAI xD
16-01-2009, 01:20 PM
welcome welcome.

dc2 and dc4 are really the same.
so if youre getting parts theyre both really the same.
unless engine wise, or suspension.
just come bak to ozhonda and ask questions if youre not sure.
body parts just keep in mind 94-97 is pre facelift and 98-01 is facelift. a couple of things are different

dc2r is abit more different though.
suspension. brakes. exhaust etc etc.

you can pick up a turbo kit for 2 grand. easy.
ebay it. get a full kit for 1g shipped. (not good quality).
grab an oil cooler for 250-400.
if the kit doesnt come with oil line flow reducer fittings or something i forgot what theyre called, but its like a regulator, prevents you blowing turbo seals.

and if you want, grab a greddy e manage piggyback ecu for 400 brand new.
200 on tuning or alil bit more. and youre set.

just dont run above 10 psi on the crappy kit.
id probably get it tuned to 7-9 psi max.
would last you some time if you keep it at that psi.

=]

pseretis01
19-01-2009, 09:55 AM
thanks for that OMG.JAI xD all i want to run is six or 7psi. like i said im on a small budget as i just want something for a bit of fun and to sound good. Becuase i dont know much about the hondas (i'm a nissan person SR20) i was worried about the internals. I just want to make sure the engine holds up it has done 142xxxkms so i beleive it should be good. Those kits from america that are like 1k would that be ok to put on u think?