PDA

View Full Version : Boss kit for AIRBAG EQUIPPED ek!!

farmz
16-01-2009, 01:44 PM
http://www.primal.net.au/bosskitlist.html

anybody ever used/seen/heard of etc the boss kits listed for airbag equipped cars? obviously it goes without saying the whole warranty/legal etc downside.

but i say screw that.. hook me up with a NICE twirler!!!!! ek airbag wheels are sooooooo ugly!

let me know if you know anything about how well they fit up.:D

JasonGilholme
16-01-2009, 01:45 PM
if your not planning on running an air bag its the same as if you were runnin a non air bag wheel.

Just need to remove an extra part from around the steering column when you do the swap. not hard at all.

theres plenty of DIY on this forum and others. Just have a search. its all been done before.

farmz
16-01-2009, 01:49 PM
cool thanks for that. is the $129 price tag (for the kit with airbag bypass etc.) worth it? or is that a comoplete rip off?

it's $179 rrp @ autopro just FYI

JasonGilholme
16-01-2009, 02:23 PM
sounds alright i spose. Shop around and find out.

I haven't bought one cause i'm using an OEM wheel.

farmz
16-01-2009, 02:44 PM
yeah i been looking for months and everyone just says "nah, if it's got an airbag.. can't do it." even autobarn said no... till i went in and told em i found one from their stockist website and gave them the code. $170 + freight.

is it hard to get the wheel off without the airbag blowin my face off??

i thought about hittin the steerin wheel real hard with a baseball bat to set it off lol...
but then i realised it would cause more damage probly haha

JasonGilholme
16-01-2009, 03:31 PM
hitting it hard wouldn't set it off i don't think.

have a search. i've taken many SRS steering wheels off and never had a problem. And it is very possible to run a NON SRS steerer on an SRS equiped car.

Legalities are whats stopping you though.

Have a search for DIY articles. its not hard.

dumped echo
16-01-2009, 06:34 PM
It's not hard to get the wheel off...
make sure battery has been disconnected for 10 mins prior to trying unhooking it.

The boss kit which eliminates the SRS light simply is supplied with a resister that fools the computer into thinking the airbag is still installed.

i've installed a couple into ek before...its really not that hard