PDA

View Full Version : New to honda..etc

blueuro
16-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone i just bought a blue 04 euro on wednesday and very happy with the car amazing to drive..i was very suprised at how fast it was for a big car. ne waay being a p plater i want to do stuff to my car. firstly im getting sub and amp tomorrow. i also want rims and lowered. etha 18's or 20's any opinions on colours... ive also had a look at the jdm grills are they worth it??.... and one more question the front licence plate mount is huge compared to the plate itself i took it of today only to see you can screw the plate directly to car. is there anothr mounthing bracket that is alot samller or ????

Min988
16-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Welcome.
Just saw your plate holder to shape, thats what I've done and so have alot of the others.

tony1234
16-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Welcome.
Just saw your plate holder to shape, thats what I've done and so have alot of the others.
Welcome.:wave:.Yeah,just cut the bottom 2/3s off.Put 18s on don't go for any bigger as it'll affect performance and handling.Also decent rubber costs too much on anything larger than 18s.

blueuro
17-01-2009, 12:17 AM
thanks for that. so 18's is best then drop it abit. when dropping it get springs andshocks?? or just spring will do?? if so how much looking at?? with lips kits and all that how much are the usually?? and also jdm or mugen grill??

integral90
17-01-2009, 12:31 AM
If you want to lower your car with just springs I wouldn't advise going any lower than 1.5-2". This will kill your stock shocks quickly as they're not designed for springs with that length. Any drop will wear your shocks quicker but you can usually get away with a smaller one for quite a while before the shocks give out.

If you want to lower properly you can go for a decent shock/spring combo which would also increase the car's handling considerably. A certain trader sells Koni Yellow shocks which are height adjustable for under $1100 and you could pick up some King Springs for around the $350 mark.

You can also go coilovers but you're looking at around $2000 for basic ones.

How much a lip kit costs? = how long is a piece of string? If you want to go genuine Honda with the lip kit I've been quoted around the $1,800 mark (mates rates) for the full EuroR/Euro Sports lip kit which comes painted and is genuine Honda. The optional accessories one is around $2,000 I think.

EuroR grill is good, but so is Mugen grill. Really a choice left to you. But you can tell which one is gonna cost more...

blueuro
17-01-2009, 11:21 AM
where can u get the grills from. what the diff in apperance. also the factory head unit doesnt have rca aye?? what do i need for wiring kit??

Min988
17-01-2009, 12:02 PM
LOC Line out converter + sub +amp and you'll be all sweet. The Loc changes the speaker output to a Rca connection.

Also the search function on this forum is quite useful for alot of things.

crunkman99
17-01-2009, 01:05 PM
is it your first car?

i would recomend getting an after market head unit rather than intergrate with stock, depends how much power ur sub is putting out, ur parcel shelf will preobably vibrate a little

blueuro
18-01-2009, 09:03 PM
nah not first car....2nd.. yeah but i can still ask the questions..no??

crunkman99
19-01-2009, 01:11 AM
nah not first car....2nd.. yeah but i can still ask the questions..no??

huh? slow down too much vtech has gotten to the head

Type R Positive
19-01-2009, 01:19 AM
huh? slow down too much vtech has gotten to the head
VTEC yO! :cool:

blueuro
19-01-2009, 06:29 PM
lol ne way one more question. head unit say cd/aux is there some where i can put external hardware to use through head unit e.g usb... also beside the gear lever there a little box where it look like u can fit a usb?? wat is it?? if u no

EUR003act
20-01-2009, 05:51 AM
lol ne way one more question. head unit say cd/aux is there some where i can put external hardware to use through head unit e.g usb... also beside the gear lever there a little box where it look like u can fit a usb?? wat is it?? if u no

thats for if you connect a CD stacker / ipod interface / usb module...

search on the forum for "xcarlink" and you'll find all the info you need... :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
20-01-2009, 06:33 AM
not the stock unless you get xcarlink or any aftermarket adapter unit to be plugged into the stock HU.

lowering your car depends on your ride feel and budget.

wheels as tony said 18 as anything greater you die from performance loss.

blueuro
24-01-2009, 11:32 PM
hey guys jsut wondering were i can get mugen grill from ?? how much?? and easy to instal?? and does it come coloured??

Type R Positive
25-01-2009, 09:30 AM
hey guys jsut wondering were i can get mugen grill from ?? how much?? and easy to instal?? and does it come coloured??http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php :thumbsup:

EUR003act
25-01-2009, 04:29 PM
^ +1

search :thumbsup: