PDA

View Full Version : Quickest Stock N/A

alex690
16-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Hey guys, had a question on my mind for ages and no one has been able to answer it.
Just wondering what all your views are on the quickest stock N/A, either 0-100 or on the 1/4 mile.
I was thinking a DC5R or S2000, surely it must be a Honda.
Thanks lads

xtercii
17-01-2009, 12:32 AM
what car makes are you including? what about ferrari, zonda, lambo, porsche and stuff...

defect
17-01-2009, 01:00 AM
school holidays again

BusterSonic12
17-01-2009, 01:35 AM
why it must be a Honda? what about Lotus, ferrari, lambo?

JDM.Power
17-01-2009, 01:49 AM
school holidays again

lol..!

alex690
17-01-2009, 01:56 AM
ok out of subaru, nissan, toyota, honda, mazda, holden, ford, im talking about common cars out on our streets today.
even you blokes cant give me an answer

The Dog
17-01-2009, 02:16 AM
Nsxr!

Sp00ny
17-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Nsxr!

lol, he said common. You would be lucky if there was more than 5 NSX-R's in Australia. Particulaly not many for road use, as I don't think they are legal to import the facelift models.

Just wondering what all your views are on the quickest stock N/A, either 0-100 or on the 1/4 mile.
Thanks lads

Lol you have to narrow it down more...are we talking...from a specific manufacturer, 4 cylinder, certain capacity...etc

surely it must be a Honda.
Thanks lads

Why?

As much as we all hate to admit it on these forums....in a straight line...a Corvette, HSV GTS, Monaro would all wipe the floor with the s2000/DC5. Although honda extract fantastic power out of a little package...people have to realise thats just what it is...well engineered efficiency. Until Honda start making V8/10's or even V6's (intended for performance use)....they will still always be beaten in a straight line.

Just because the S2000 makes ~90kw/litre...doesnt change the fact that a 6.0L LS2 V8 making ~50kw/ltr is more powerful and has much more torque...also a problem with Honda's is torque....after 3rd gear or up hills....they're useless. On the track though....that is a completely differant story. An S2000 vs HSV/GTS on a track in my opinion and experience would give it a very good run for its money.

Long story short, the saying "Torque sells cars, Horsepower wins races" still holds true.

Street Driving = Torque is more of a priority.
Track = Although Torque is good for mid corner acceleration and corner exit, Honda have proven that in Racing Torque is not a necessity. The momentum of a well tuned High RPM N/A engine can overcome it.

Just imagine if Honda engineered a V8 with the power-to-capacity ratio of the S2000. They would have ~450kw 5.0L V8's with a rediculious torque figure......a number that GM Motors/Chevorlet struggle to extract from a 7.0Ltr. Comparing the LS2 (which is used currently in the HSV series V8's) of 6.0L it has 302kw....now using the same power-to-capacity ratio of the s2000 a Honda 6.0L would be making 540kw. Although there of course are factors that may not let a larger engine have EXACTLY the same cap-to-power ratio...it still shows how under engineered american engines are.

Also one major point though is at least after 20,000km's the Honda will still run and feel like new...completely differant story with a Holden/or similar. xD

Anywho, that went off in a bit of a tangent however its important to know that Honda's aren't the "Be-all and End-all" of the motor vehicle industry.

alex690
17-01-2009, 12:10 PM
thanks for that, what are your views on the manufacturers i listed earlier for say under $30,000? what would be worth buying and a fun car to drive with a bit of balls!

chargeR
17-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I you want quick in a straight line NA then get a second hand VX to VZ commodore SS or SV8 and a few mods with the change. They will do 12s comfortably with bolt ons. Something like this: LINK (http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/HOLDEN/COMMODORE/details.aspx?R=6628312&__sid=11758FD4C88F&Make=HOLDEN&__Ns=pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag_Int32|1||pCar_ImageCo unt_Int32|1||pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&Model=COMMODORE&__N=4294965857%200%20413%204294965745%204294932801 %201216%20834%20285%20257&State=All%20States&distance=25&silo=1003&seot=0&Cr=4&__Nne=20&trecs=22&state_id=0&PriceMax=25000).

I don't think there is anything that will easily match it for the money, convenience and reliability.

45SET
17-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Have we go any other factors... such as amount of cylinders, max power... AKA P-plate laws?

Personally if i was under the current P-plate laws, I would be looking to Europe.

Peugeot 206 GTi 180
Peugeot 306 GTi6
Renualt Cilo Sport
Renualt Clio Sport 182 Cup
Seat Ibiza Cupra
VW Golf VR6

there are a few more that I could list, but the only Honda I would ever consider would be a Type R (DC2 and DC5) or one with a Type R engine in it (EG or EK) and the brakes and suspension to match.

But stock for stock, European cars are VERY VERY good.

defect
17-01-2009, 02:30 PM
the getz is the best car you can buy on the market.
valve for money! lol

TONTON
17-01-2009, 05:07 PM
noob forum?

outatime
17-01-2009, 06:10 PM
the getz is the best car you can buy on the market.
valve for money! lol

lol it's actually a zippy car.. i've driven one of those and it's quick and handles very well for a 1.1 engine. puts my ek to shame :(

Riviera
17-01-2009, 06:43 PM
lol it's actually a zippy car.. i've driven one of those and it's quick and handles very well for a 1.1 engine. puts my ek to shame :(

lol the getz is a DOHC too, if u got ek1 im assuming D16 SOHC?

but still... its a hyundai, and its sh1t

Bludger
18-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Hey guys, had a question on my mind for ages and no one has been able to answer it.
I was thinking a DC5R or S2000, surely it must be a Honda.
Thanks ladsWTF are you trying to get at?
Why did you post this in the Integra section?

school holidays again**** oath.

ok out of subaru, nissan, toyota, honda, mazda, holden, ford, im talking about common cars out on our streets today.
even you blokes cant give me an answeryou should write up a list of cars, look up each and every one of them and make your own comparison.

lol, he said common. You would be lucky if there was more than 5 NSX-R's in Australia. Particulaly not many for road use, as I don't think they are legal to import the facelift models.

Lol you have to narrow it down more...are we talking...from a specific manufacturer, 4 cylinder, certain capacity...etc

Why?

As much as we all hate to admit it on these forums....in a straight line...a Corvette, HSV GTS, Monaro would all wipe the floor with the s2000/DC5. Although honda extract fantastic power out of a little package...people have to realise thats just what it is...well engineered efficiency. Until Honda start making V8/10's or even V6's (intended for performance use)....they will still always be beaten in a straight line.

Just because the S2000 makes ~90kw/litre...doesnt change the fact that a 6.0L LS2 V8 making ~50kw/ltr is more powerful and has much more torque...also a problem with Honda's is torque....after 3rd gear or up hills....they're useless. On the track though....that is a completely differant story. An S2000 vs HSV/GTS on a track in my opinion and experience would give it a very good run for its money.

Long story short, the saying "Torque sells cars, Horsepower wins races" still holds true.

Street Driving = Torque is more of a priority.
Track = Although Torque is good for mid corner acceleration and corner exit, Honda have proven that in Racing Torque is not a necessity. The momentum of a well tuned High RPM N/A engine can overcome it.

Just imagine if Honda engineered a V8 with the power-to-capacity ratio of the S2000. They would have ~450kw 5.0L V8's with a rediculious torque figure......a number that GM Motors/Chevorlet struggle to extract from a 7.0Ltr. Comparing the LS2 (which is used currently in the HSV series V8's) of 6.0L it has 302kw....now using the same power-to-capacity ratio of the s2000 a Honda 6.0L would be making 540kw. Although there of course are factors that may not let a larger engine have EXACTLY the same cap-to-power ratio...it still shows how under engineered american engines are.

Also one major point though is at least after 20,000km's the Honda will still run and feel like new...completely differant story with a Holden/or similar. xD

Anywho, that went off in a bit of a tangent however its important to know that Honda's aren't the "Be-all and End-all" of the motor vehicle industry.why did you waste so much of your time to answer such a silly question?

tectalk
18-01-2009, 05:11 PM
noob forum?

1 word "agreed"

string
18-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Torque is irrelevent. The only thing that matters for acceleration is instantaneous power.

Newsflash: When you see a dyno sheet with a torque and power curve, neither component (torque or power) contains any information the other lacks.

Quickest stock N/A would be something driving the rear wheels with a massive V8. For sure not a Honda.

aimre
18-01-2009, 06:23 PM
best P plate car, Autech S15.

Na (legal) + RWD (Fun) = Autech

94dc2tegz
18-01-2009, 09:52 PM

ummm...

i believe the saying is the other way around... just quietly... :p

alex690
18-01-2009, 09:55 PM
yes i have seen that Autech s15 although there is barely any in Australia

ek4-guy
18-01-2009, 09:56 PM
best P plate car, Autech S15.

Na (legal) + RWD (Fun) = Autech

yeah the only thing better than a non turbo S15 is a automatic non turbo S15

TONTON
18-01-2009, 11:18 PM
R34 Gt coupe ~ manual?

Well i dunno if they're quick but they look the goods ;)

dsp26
19-01-2009, 08:05 AM
www.carsales.com.au (http://www.carsales.com.au) + www.tradingpost.com.au (http://www.tradingpost.com.au)

there are many highly modified 2nd hand cars for sale at the moment under $30k

agree with v8.. AT LEAST the 5.4l ford or 5.7l holden variety.. the old ones like the 5.0l gen2 holden v8s are just like hondas.. all noise and no go

ndeuro_
19-01-2009, 08:29 AM
for 30k i could prolly find myself a 350z

Sp00ny
19-01-2009, 02:44 PM
why did you waste so much of your time to answer such a silly question?

Was bored + since ive moved from honda (even though i still love 'em) the honda community must be introduced to torque. lol. Daily Drivers best friend.

Torque is irrelevent. The only thing that matters for acceleration is instantaneous power.

haha. For a daily driven street car...torque is completely relevant. Having to stay in 1st to get up hills and rev to 7000rpm in order to move isn't something that I desire anymore. Its nice to go from 70-100 in 3rd between 2500-4000rpm quickly regardless if i'm climbing a hill or not lol.

Bottom Line: Power = Torque * RPM (Simplistic View)

Newsflash: Your stating all you need is instantanious power? As above Torque is part of the Power equation...the good thing about torque...you don't have to wait until 7000rpm until you move... Not to mention I dont understand how you can get instantanious power without torque....Its either torque...or wait for increase in RPM...

Honda's don't have torque...thus why they are balanced and designed to rev high with short gear ratio's. Strong reliable engines that are well suited to track conditions...not so much street driving conditions.

ek4-guy
19-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Was bored + since ive moved from honda (even though i still love 'em) the honda community must be introduced to torque. lol. Daily Drivers best friend.

haha. For a daily driven street car...torque is completely relevant. Not having to stay in 1st to get up hills and rev to 7000rpm in order to move isn't something that I desire anymore. Its nice to go from 70-100 in 3rd between 2500-4000rpm quickly regardless if i'm climbing a hill or not lol.

Bottom Line: Power = Torque * RPM (Simplistic View)

Your stating all you need is instantanious power? As above Torque is part of the Power equation...the good thing about torque...you don't have to wait until 7000rpm until you move...So I guess im missing the instantanous bit...

Honda's don't have torque...thus why they are balanced and designed to rev high with short gear ratio's.

you might want to read that again :p

Sp00ny
19-01-2009, 02:50 PM
you might want to read that again :p

Lol. Typing too quick for my own good. xD

EK1.6LCIV
19-01-2009, 03:05 PM
it would be something that makes power at low rpms, not over 4-5ooo, lol

with a bucket load of torque, be hand made in small numbers out of carbon fibre, for a select few billionaires, who own more barrels of oil than they know what to do with, lol

http://www.fast-cars.ch/images/Pagani/Zonda_F/Pagani_Zonda_F_Engine.jpg

http://www.sportscarcup.com/expensive/pagani-zonda-f-roadster.jpg

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200604/2006-pagani-zonda-roadste-20_460x0w.jpg