PDA

View Full Version : Are young drivers are over-represented in the roll-toll?

Bayani
18-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Please explain your answer!

tiksie
18-01-2009, 02:57 AM
View Poll Results: Are young drivers are over-represented in the road-toll?

Might want to fix that up.

I think it's obvious to say the least that young drivers contribute to the road-toll much more then older folk.

Obvious reasons being:

- Less experienced
- Showing off to mates and ending up wrapped around a pole
- Owning a Honda and thinking its a touge machine and hitting Old Pac/National Park
- Generally being young and dumb and thinking that you are indestructible

This question is self explanatory, you can't really justify it with one answer..There will be unique opinions left right and centre and everyone will be right, but the main reason is due to lack of to bar any experience.

dc2dc2dc2
18-01-2009, 08:35 AM
toll toll?>

agree with the above.

clearly young people drive more stupidly and also lack of experience in all driving conditions.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
18-01-2009, 08:38 AM
- Owning a Honda and thinking its a touge machine and hitting Old Pac/National Park

i lol'd

dc2dc2dc2
18-01-2009, 08:42 AM
im apart of the roll-toll as well.

http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/images/reviews/testimonials/jcollins3-big.jpg

ROLL TOLL FTW !!! :D:D:D:D

OMG.JAI xD
18-01-2009, 08:48 AM
i reckon its nearly at the same level.

young drivers over more experienced drivers thats for sure. however i reckon the level of road tolls arent that much of a big gap.

its just when a young driver has an accident it gets publicised.
even small accidents dont get publicised, until a major one happens, and small remarks saying, "just the other week another p plate driver..." etc etc.
everyone who reads or watches the news gets a custom to those little remarks and think, damn we gotta get these kids off the roads.

youd be surprised that the number of people that cut me off in lanes are more full licensed and aged drivers than p platers.

RtN
18-01-2009, 09:16 AM
yeh.. i've experienced the full licensed drivers cutting in also overtaking us then driving with excessive speed (its like we're really slow or something?) after swerving left and right behind me and its like.. uhh speed limit buddy. happened a few times with full plater utes for me. and yeh I seriously don't see any "full plater has an accident" on the news/paper unless its like they killed a heap of people.

GreekWarrior
18-01-2009, 10:17 AM
I hold the downhill record for mtcootha

OMG.JAI xD
18-01-2009, 11:58 AM

lol hooligan.
dori dori san lol.

yeh.. i've experienced the full licensed drivers cutting in also overtaking us then driving with excessive speed (its like we're really slow or something?) after swerving left and right behind me and its like.. uhh speed limit buddy. happened a few times with full plater utes for me. and yeh I seriously don't see any "full plater has an accident" on the news/paper unless its like they killed a heap of people.

and here is my witness lol.

believe me the news/media emphasises young drivers getting into an accident too many times and we dont even know it, we watch the ads or the news but all that gets shown to us is p plates n young drivers.
even when an experienced driver gets into a massive accident and gets publicised no one really talks about it.
once a young driver or p plate gets on the news. bang it stays on for a few weeks. gossip this that.
even the red integra that hit a pole.
a thread was made on ozhonda and so many people was discussing it.

i dont see threads of christmas/new years road tolls. or of any recent accidents.

all i can say is.
last 3 years on your ps and youll get over it.

minircc
18-01-2009, 12:07 PM
There are always exceptions, but generall that sounds about right.
Even looking back to the way i use to drive over 10 years ago versus now, there is quite a difference.
Younger drivers do tend to take more risk and crack under peer pressure when mates are in the car.

90LAN
18-01-2009, 01:25 PM
media hype with perception that younger people have more accidents
but really
older drivers have more accidents serious and less serious

rayb3na_
18-01-2009, 01:29 PM
media hype with perception that younger people have more accidents
but really
older drivers have more accidents serious and less serious

spot on!

hisoka
18-01-2009, 01:40 PM

lol i hate going there, everyone, i mean everyone thinks there pro rally driver, used to be a nice place. now even fags in 4wds try and run you off the road

90LAN
18-01-2009, 01:43 PM
spot on!

u imagine the head lines from media

"OLD EXPERIENCED DRIVER DIED TODAY IN CRASH "
"60YR OLD MAN GOT CAUGHT DOING 100KM OVER SPEED LIMIT"
"OLD DRIVER GOT CAUGHT WITH DEFECTED VEHICLE "
"OLD DRIVER GOT CAUGHT DOING BURNOUTS"
"60YR OLD DRIVER HOON GOT CAR CONFISCATED FROM HOONING LAWS"

doesnt sound right doesnt it
would it cause the same up roar if the public saw this all the time
i think it would be different if it was for the perception of younger drivers

by the way these things happen but rarely reported
and if it does its a little box in the corner of the paper right where no one reads it

saikou27
18-01-2009, 02:50 PM
younger people tend to do alot more driving aswell. more driving = more chance of an accident regerdless of age and experience

farkmedead
18-01-2009, 03:42 PM
when a p plater crashes, the news emphasises the 'P-plater' bit too much.