PDA

View Full Version : quickest p plate car (VIC laws)

vinnie226
18-01-2009, 06:29 PM
not to sure where to post this thread....

what do you think the quickest stock p plate car would be for under 25g and using the victorian laws.
-no more than 6 cylinders
-no turbo/super charges
-no rotary engines
-no high powered 6 cylinder cars (over 25g anyway)

discuss......

FASN8U
18-01-2009, 06:31 PM
search magn

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96717

might have the info ur after

vinnie226
18-01-2009, 06:36 PM
thats under the old laws of 125kw per tonne, the new ones i stated above.

http://www.arrivealive.vic.gov.au/node/197 new laws in detail.

I heart the SSS
18-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Fast as in straight line or fast as in corners?

Get a EG 1.5 carby, i have a feeling you booked an appointment with the telegraph pole.

FASN8U
18-01-2009, 06:39 PM
yer i no red p platers dont get the kw/tonne law but still might be worth a read as the thread creator dosent have the kw/tonne law.

vinnie226
18-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Fast as in straight line or fast as in corners?

Get a EG 1.5 carby, i have a feeling you booked an appointment with the telegraph pole.

lets say both lol
a good car all round

TONTON
18-01-2009, 06:58 PM
how much money do you have/ wanna spend on it.

and are you on ur red p's? if so, wait till your on your greens and then get a "fast" car then...

jdm_70y
18-01-2009, 07:20 PM
levin ae111

hisoka
18-01-2009, 07:25 PM
25 grand get a rx subaru~and just work it. ej25

FASN8U
18-01-2009, 07:58 PM
p platers cant have any performance enhancing mods ^

trism
18-01-2009, 07:58 PM
these threads fcuking shit me to tears.

my first car was a 1982 subaru leone. slow as ****, but i STILL managed to crash it.

point is, dont bother buying teh fastest car you can. you are inexperienced and need to buy a slow car to learn how to drive properly. get an older car and it wont matter if you crash it.

90LAN
18-01-2009, 08:01 PM
25 grand get a rx subaru~and just work it. ej25

why would u spend 25 k on a rx ????????

u dont need a fast car to learn how to drive
get your exprience up so u can handle a fast car
then after u can drive and maybe get a fast car

oh i forget u just got your licence and u are a professional driver and u need a fast car lol

Type R Positive
18-01-2009, 08:05 PM

my first car was a 1982 subaru leone. slow as ****, but i STILL managed to crash it.

point is, dont bother buying teh fastest car you can. you are inexperienced and need to buy a slow car to learn how to drive properly. get an older car and it wont matter if you crash it.
+1.

I had an old Mitsubishi colt hatch, complete with bull bar.....
That was the most fun car I have ever had.

I could do anything in that car and get away with it. I'd rev it up besides coppers and they would just laugh and take off in front of me.

Man, that car was the shit. :cool:

If you get a half good car now, instead of a shit box, you'll just blow your money on it, instead of saving up for something decent when your allowed.;)

DreadAngel
18-01-2009, 09:08 PM
levin ae111

Bad idea, you have a prang and you'll suffer for it...

Get something local, reliable and plentiful in spares and 2nd hand parts readily available not a 1mth waiting...

hisoka
18-01-2009, 09:14 PM
why would u spend 25 k on a rx ????????

u dont need a fast car to learn how to drive
get your exprience up so u can handle a fast car
then after u can drive and maybe get a fast car

oh i forget u just got your licence and u are a professional driver and u need a fast car lol

lol always picking on me.

no matter if he has a twin turbo supra or a mitsubishi colt 85 model, if he is a dickhead driver he will crash whatever he is driving. speeding, showing off, anything. i agree with you totally, get your experience up so you can handle your vehicle. Then maybe you can purchase a 25 grand performance vehicle

i just wanted to answer his question.
iam just saying for 25 k he can pickup a rx and modify it, like for a whole budget of 25 k.meaning like car 10 grand and rest on mods.dunno just trying to answer his question.
his got 25 grand, trust me he will not buy a slow car, no matter how many people on the internet tell him to.

AE092
18-01-2009, 09:33 PM
tell the tree/telegraph pole i said "hey,sup"

90LAN
18-01-2009, 10:00 PM
but why would u buy a rx impreza
your logic is very funny
im not picking on you just your stupid comments
if the guy is asking what is the fastest p plater car
then i dont think he would know how to modify a rx especially with a ej25

Riced_Civic
18-01-2009, 10:05 PM
this is about the 5th thread made about which is the fasted P Plate car can i get.

its so lame, kids watch 2 many fast and the furious movies, just buy a car that gets u from A to B and learn to drive kiddies.

also it always seems to pop up during school holidays

Lukey
18-01-2009, 10:07 PM
tell the tree/telegraph pole i said "hey,sup"

win.

:thumbsup:

aznbikerboi
18-01-2009, 10:31 PM
not sure about your laws, but with 25k get yourself a S2K or a DC5r.
any of those is a far good enough car for a P plater.
And trism, maybe u did have a peice of shit car and badluck and u crashed it,
not everyone crash's their first car wether its powerful or not.
I had a forged FJ20 bluebird when i was 17 and i was fine, and i can tell u now it would kill my s2000 any day of the week.
Bottom line is, even if your car is powerful, you'll be fine if your responsible unlike some other P platers that just do stupid shit all day long.

kiwi135
18-01-2009, 11:14 PM
EG with K20 conversion

TONTON
18-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Expensive mistake if you crash an okayish car
Cheap mistake if you crash a shitbox.

why dont you just get like a fleetsales car... for like 6k

hisoka
18-01-2009, 11:17 PM
but why would u buy a rx impreza
your logic is very funny
im not picking on you just your stupid comments
if the guy is asking what is the fastest p plater car
then i dont think he would know how to modify a rx especially with a ej25

yer i understand what you mean now. like because he asked that question, he would probably have no idea about the rest

Diz44zy
18-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Geez i wish i had 25k to spare when i bought my first car!

Best thing i can suggest to u is to do is PICK SOMETHING U LIKE. I remember purchasing my first car. I only had 5k to spare so i TEST DROVE HEAPSA CARS and ended up settling for a 1982 TA63 celica. As my pop says cars are like women, there are so many variable to consider! big tittys? perky tittys? personality? legs? face? ass? performance in the sack? etc or better yet what combination do u want.

The TA63 was my first gf and believe my i shagged the shit outta her ;) The moral of the story is to get out their test drive as many cars as u can and then u will know.

INVSBL
18-01-2009, 11:41 PM
y is it so hard to answer a ****ing question???
i was actually thinkin this today and was thinkin bout posting, but it seems every1 is to much of a tard to give straight answers.

im sure these things called car forums are used for discusions bout anything car related.
im not looking at buying the fastest p plate legal car, but its knowlege id like to hav, and would make a great discusion.

and wouldnt u think a honda forum would be the best place for the discusion, im sure every single car ever sold with a honda badge in aus a p plater can drive legally (cept for that city turbo but yeah dosent that take couple years to hit 100)

so y cant we take a decent topic and work with it instead of flaming coz a pre pubest kid posted it.

or is it tru that a mojority of forum users are to busy faping over 4chan to give proper answer?

Chernoby1
18-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Why bother asking what is the fastest 'legal' car when it is apparent your going to break the law anyway? $25k is a lot of money, buy a crapbox and play around with the thing, learn to drive then bother choosing a car with some performance in mind. But is there anypoint to owning a 'fast' car when you cant even reach its limits? And please dont say your gonna track it and thats the main reason to buy the car, its clear that you just want bragging rights.

Sorry for being so rude, but i believe it to be more effective than trying to convince you otherwise.

To answer your question: Renault Clio 182 cup.

DreadAngel
18-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Its hard to answer you ****ing question because its such a broad and general question =|

Answered to death by about 90% of the members on here with they 5c of opinion and views...

fastest legal car? Bugatti Veyron, its illegal only if you get caught right? =|

hisoka
18-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Its hard to answer you ****ing question because its such a broad and general question =|

Answered to death by about 90% of the members on here with they 5c of opinion and views...

fastest legal car? Bugatti Veyron, its illegal only if you get caught right? =|

you didnt even read the question man~ it says under 25 grand.

Diz44zy
19-01-2009, 12:01 AM
it actually quite a difficult q to answer and thats why u aren't gettin straight answers. The original post asked for the quickest car for a P plater under 25k. By specifying a budget i assumed the person posting was actually thinkin about buying a car and was looking for advice, so i gave the best advice i had.

Also it was stated in the original post that what is the quickest car for a P plater. As someone already said what will the car be used for track racing, up hill, down hill, drift, drag or all rounder? maybe by breaking this up into classes the q could be answered easier

VTec1987
19-01-2009, 12:01 AM

bro u must be a very sh*t driver then

INVSBL
19-01-2009, 12:10 AM
its not my question my question is simple, round a track (so corners/handeling) what would be the fastest p plate legal car. fastest is probably the wrong word, im guessing to be properly stated,

what would the ozhonda members believe to be the best handeling car, so a car that would have the least amount of understeer and easiest to control.
price wouldnt be an issue as im not buying it,
and it would hav to be stock, becasue modded, im sure if i had the money i could make my jazz take corners better then a Type R.

my answer would prob be a hot hatch, and the clio cup would be up there, along with type r hondas, but yeah its a discusion and wat would YOUR input be??

and to ask wats the fastest p plate legal is the same as asking wats the fastest non p plate legal car, u can only do 110 in vic, 130 in nsw. my car the second slowest car in the honda range can do those speeds safely. so they are both pointless.

wat i cant understand is y these topics cant be answered, instead flamed apon, unless its due to it being asked everytime school holidays come around, but seing as these laws have only been in for bout 4 holiday periods i doubt it has been discused, instead flamed.

Diz44zy
19-01-2009, 12:10 AM
bro u must be a very sh*t driver then

no shit i second this, lol

Sherweeeny
19-01-2009, 01:01 AM
Lamborghato Testarosso

Type R Positive
19-01-2009, 01:22 AM
y is it so hard to answer a ****ing question???
i was actually thinkin this today and was thinkin bout posting, but it seems every1 is to much of a tard to give straight answers.

im sure these things called car forums are used for discusions bout anything car related.
im not looking at buying the fastest p plate legal car, but its knowlege id like to hav, and would make a great discusion.

and wouldnt u think a honda forum would be the best place for the discusion, im sure every single car ever sold with a honda badge in aus a p plater can drive legally (cept for that city turbo but yeah dosent that take couple years to hit 100)

so y cant we take a decent topic and work with it instead of flaming coz a pre pubest kid posted it.

or is it tru that a mojority of forum users are to busy faping over 4chan to give proper answer?
Straight answer please. :p

INVSBL
19-01-2009, 01:28 AM
inbetween my question and my rant u will see it is a clio cup, then i also sugested type r honda.

but as i havnt driven them i couldnt give a defienate on how well these cars would handle, and im to lazy to find the magazin in which they are tested to give an answer from a jounos point, but i did sugest a car, and if said buyer was looking at said car, they could do there own research, and we could continue to discuss which car would be perfect :)

im sure iv come off as some1 with no humor, and thats not wat i intended, im just sick of going thru topics were the majority of posters are to busy not answering the thread and going of on such a tanjent their own thread should be started, topic would usually be, 'y my opinion should only count and go buy a friggen shitbox and crash that, coz ul crash, coz thats wat people who ask bout fast cars do'.

Type R Positive
19-01-2009, 01:33 AM
I know exactly how you feel.

The focus diesel is a pretty quick car too.

INVSBL
19-01-2009, 01:38 AM
wouldnt mind an astra diesil, lots diesil turbo tourqe, but i dont think they the bestest corner wise.

willyumx
19-01-2009, 01:55 AM
just a random question, out of curiosity . are dc2rs n dc5rs and s2ks all red p plate legal ? if u get what i mean ? coz from what i heard the red p platers can only drive 100kw per tonne max ?

vinnie226
19-01-2009, 07:53 AM
just a random question, out of curiosity . are dc2rs n dc5rs and s2ks all red p plate legal ? if u get what i mean ? coz from what i heard the red p platers can only drive 100kw per tonne max ?

yes new laws they are legal

vinnie226
19-01-2009, 07:57 AM
i never said i wanted to get the faster/qucikest car, can't people just answer the question without saying learn to drive first or get a bomb first or you will crash or wateva. i dont evan have 25g to spend on a car, i just said that to make the question more specific. and at the end of the day every car can go fast, it just takes longer to get there. and you can do stupid things with every car and you can crash every car pritty much. so my point is it comes down to the driver not the car, so can you guys answer my qusetion now............
thanks

Chernoby1
19-01-2009, 10:39 AM
okay, ill try to be serious. But i will be breaking one of the 'conditionds' and thats it being unmodified.

There are TWO cars which you can safely modify without even being worried about the police, just no bodykits and spoilers and shit, police wont even think about pulling you over.

Cars are: Suzuki Cappuccino / Daihastu Copen.
I would prefer the Cappuccino as i am a rwd based guy, others would prefer the fwd copen.

Cappa's are around $10k nowdays, and the Copen is aroun $15k at tops.

Now for the modifications:
1. New ecu, sparkplugs, leads, diy intake, and a sensible 2" straight through exhaust without a cannon. (too much attention)
2. Custom made swaybars and chassis braces.
3. KYB shocks with RS*R springs

Okay now an outline: Cappuccino / Copen
Car: $10,000 / $15,000
ECU: $1,350 / $2,000
Sparks/leads: $150 / $200
Intake: $50 ($600 arc box)/ $50
Exhaust: $800 (catback) / $800
Swaybars: $1500 (adjustable)/ $1500
Braces: $2000 / $2000
Shocks+Springs: $1000 / $1500
Total: $17,000ish / $23,000ish

Results: Car will have around 75kw at the wheels and will handle BETTER than a gokart.(last bit may be an exageration. =])

To make myself clear, the reason these two cars were chosen as a base was because the police dont often/ever aprouch these cars in thier stock extirior form; have no clue as to what could possibly be standard. Same thing goes with Caterhams and the such, not much defecting happens.

Raztaz
19-01-2009, 10:44 AM
okay, ill try to be serious. But i will be breaking one of the 'conditionds' and thats it being unmodified.

There are TWO cars which you can safely modify without even being worried about the police, just no bodykits and spoilers and shit, police wont even think about pulling you over.

i knew that cuppa suggestion was coming haha

EK1.6LCIV
19-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Buy something cheap for p's, something that can be moved easily when you get off them, my advice anyhow

hisoka
19-01-2009, 10:47 AM
ek4 would be better than that lol~and quicker.

EK1.6LCIV
19-01-2009, 10:50 AM
quick p plater car = dear insurance lol

I mean seriously the price for insurance will sting in the a$$, even for an EK4...

I mean now that I'm off an FD RX7, GTR32 and any other Jap super car of that era is still cheaper than mine to insure, which is rediculous, lol

I drove around in a AE86 shitter for a yr, then bought a Nissan, then my Civic

hisoka
19-01-2009, 10:57 AM
good advice mr ek1.6

TONTON
19-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Lol yeah he doesnt have 25k.

Its hard to make 25k if your still going to school or UNI

I srsly doubt you can afford a nice car, unless your parents are going to help you out or you already dropped outta school and are working full time and live at home.

Whynot get the money first and when you do, then ask the question?

Chernoby1
19-01-2009, 01:52 PM
i knew that cuppa suggestion was coming haha
Why ofcourse, tis the best car around!

i might be abit biased though..... :P

trism
19-01-2009, 02:35 PM
a cappa is a great little car. but they are getting hard to find, especially in decent nick

EK1.6LCIV
19-01-2009, 02:40 PM
any pics of done up capps btw? I'm curious, only have ever see one in front of me

vinnie226
19-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Lol yeah he doesnt have 25k.

Whynot get the money first and when you do, then ask the question?

ok but what IF i did, i no i said i dnt
i think a dc5r or dc2r whould be a good choice

akira
19-01-2009, 03:24 PM
the fastest car for no more than $25k?
so your going to be looking at cars around the $20k mark because insurance, registration, petrol etc will be about $5k.

it depends on what car you like and what you're going to use it for. being on a honda forum, ill say a ctr or itr will be what you'll be looking for but then again imo i'm the same as everyone else...get a shitbox and get some experience so that the tree wont be the last friend you'll see...

good luck with what ever you end up with...hopefully you'll drive safely on the roads and not showoff in front of your mates.

TONTON
19-01-2009, 06:23 PM
ok but what IF i did, i no i said i dnt
i think a dc5r or dc2r whould be a good choice

Then why start this threaddd

theres like 2093029302 other threads all asking/hinting towards the same thing.

search mang

Chernoby1
19-01-2009, 09:24 PM
a cappa is a great little car. but they are getting hard to find, especially in decent nick

Hard to find, even harder to find in crap condition nowdays :P Only one or two bad examples left on the road.

any pics of done up capps btw? I'm curious, only have ever see one in front of me

There are Lots of doneup cappas, problem is they all in japan and i cbf uploading my little database now :P i will do it one day though but heres a few teasers :P

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3697/oc2008079qp3.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc2008079qp3.jpg)
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9378/oc2008073cl0.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc2008073cl0.jpg)
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4339/oc2008094ye6.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc2008094ye6.jpg) - 200hp ATW
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4417/oc2008072vx4.th.jpg (http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc2008072vx4.jpg)
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5531/oc2008061ii3.th.jpg (http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc2008061ii3.jpg)
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7363/oc2008048yi9.th.jpg (http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc2008048yi9.jpg)
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5334/oc2008026nz5.th.jpg (http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc2008026nz5.jpg)
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1743/oc2008014ys4.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc2008014ys4.jpg)
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6693/oc2008008zu1.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc2008008zu1.jpg)
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8358/oc2008004di9.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc2008004di9.jpg) - 233hp ATW =]
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/952/oc2008401rr0.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oc2008401rr0.jpg)

Okay, i think i got abit carried away.... :angel:

INVSBL
19-01-2009, 09:30 PM
lol is that an ac cappa, or an ac cobra?

4age8u
19-01-2009, 09:56 PM
ae101

BabyZilla
19-01-2009, 10:15 PM
My first car was a pulsar Q with an SR20 in it.
ofcourse like most young drivers out there, i wanted to go fast, but i knew my limits.
i never pushed it until i was comfortable driving my car.

i had full exhaust system and a cold air intake, thats quick enough for any p plater if you ask me. it cornered like shit, and the torque steer was enough to scare me at the time hehe. After a year of owning it i upgraded to some poncams and advanced the timing. quick in a straight line, still corners like shit.

i got sick with it after awhile and decided to get a civic. basic suspension mods, handles like a dream. made me appreciate my car even more.

goodluck with whatever car you get and as akira said, drive safely and be responsible.

Chernoby1
20-01-2009, 12:29 AM
lol is that an ac cappa, or an ac cobra?

AC cappa :P

Oh and some new conversions this year.
GT-K:
http://www.leblogauto.com/gallery2/d/153668-2/GT-K_01.jpghttp://www.leblogauto.com/gallery2/d/153675-2/GT-K_03.jpg
More found here (http://www.leblogauto.com/v/Salons/2009/tokyo_auto_salon_2009/nats_gt-k/GT-K_01.jpg.html)

Porccino:
http://www.leblogauto.com/gallery2/d/153691-2/Porccino_01.jpghttp://www.leblogauto.com/gallery2/d/153698-2/Porccino_03.jpg

Lots of other conversions happening about.

To get it back ontopic:
If you can fit inside a Honda Beat, then that + B18c = OWNAGE. (not that difficult to do either, just turn whole thing around including Gbox, but first is where sixth is and2=5th ect. Just gear down while acceling and gear up when slowing down) If you feel crazily retarded, make it 4ws.

Diz44zy
20-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Here my pick of the lot. Its already been stated i just thought i'd provide some specs too. Mind u it doesn't fall within the less than 25k bracket (~35k) but u could pick up an earlier model that makes 124kW @ engine and is nearly identical much cheaper.

Renault Sport Clio III 182 Cup
Price 30 -35k
Engine: Inline 2.0-litre F4R 4-cylinder (1998cc), 16-valve, petrol
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Weight:1090kg
Max Power: 131kW @ 6500rpm (engine) hence between 90 to 100kW at wheels
Max torque: 200nM @ 5250rpm
P/W: 161.46 bhp/tonne
0-100: 7.1s
Top Speed: 220km/hr
Compression ratio: 11.0:1 (so use 98 RON to fill up)
Handling/Grip: Excellent (it has been likened to the Mitsubishi EVO)

Downside: Its a FWD vehicle and would not be ideal for drift. For the price u'd be hard pressed to find a car more suited to track, hill climbs, downhill and drag that a red P plater can drive.

Also if ur really keen u could go for the Clio RS (197). Its a bit more powerful 145kW @ 7250rpm and therefor faster (0-100km in 6.9s). However the top speed a bit slower 215km/hr, but hey who on earth wants to drive this fast on the street. It also has a 6-speed instead of 5 for gearing.

cheers,

myztery
20-01-2009, 12:30 PM
just buy fatboyz k24 ek then youll have one of the fastest p plate cars around...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104880

Type R Positive
20-01-2009, 12:33 PM
I nearly got peugeot 206 gti 180 for real cheap second hand about 2 years ago. Dealer wanted like $14k.

EK1.6LCIV
20-01-2009, 12:36 PM
just buy fatboyz k24 ek then youll have one of the fastest p plate cars around...

if it's anything like QLD the use of a mod plate renders it not a choice for p-plates

jspec civic
20-01-2009, 12:40 PM
get a bicycle dude...

Type R Positive
20-01-2009, 12:48 PM
if it's anything like QLD the use of a mod plate renders it not a choice for p-plates
Yeah, that sucks....

Diz44zy
20-01-2009, 01:18 PM

LOL, goodluck gettin that registered in VIC and kept on the road when ur on ur red P's.

EK1.6LCIV
20-01-2009, 02:02 PM
yea, that engine is big for that vin number

migoreng
20-01-2009, 09:03 PM
you just got your Ps
why do you care about being quick for?

get a car that you like like..i prefer a little more comfort and stuff, that's why i went for a prelude instead of a dc2r or something.

morgs202
20-01-2009, 09:40 PM
I gotta agree. A 'Lude or teg gsi will be comfortable, it'll handle well, and isn't what you'd call slow (it wont be quick either unless the 'lude is a vti-r). Still, it'll be an entertaining and enjoyable bit of gear. On the other hand, with 25k, a dc5 (non R) would also be a good choice of first car

kiwi135
21-01-2009, 09:13 AM
hyundai excel

vinnie226
21-01-2009, 01:19 PM
i dont really care about being super quick but i really do want a dc5r. not because of the power, even though it does play a small factor but mainly because of its looks. i think that car has so much appeal all wraped in a small machine, fromm the recaro seats to the massive spoiler, i love it. the stock model dc5 just doesn't do it for me. i have made up my mind and i think a dc5r would be awesome to have as a first car. thanks.

myztery
21-01-2009, 08:41 PM
you can do it a different way by keeping it registered in nsw but drive around there many people do it...

Moey.C
21-01-2009, 09:31 PM
im 17.. got my ps 4 months ago.. n i would love a dc2r becoz since i was 10 n they came out i was in ****ing love with them.. i agree we couldnt handle it but **** me ded i want 1.... but dats coz im an enthusiest n have always wanted 1... listen 2 the people n dont kill urself..

FASN8U
21-01-2009, 10:10 PM
im not in anyway dissing the dc2R but but for ****s sake its a 4cyl not exaclty a weapon(yes i no its quick) but if you cant handle one you dont deserve to drive lol.

AE092
21-01-2009, 11:12 PM
one lucky tree is gonna get all snug up with a DC5R

vinnie226
22-01-2009, 08:13 AM
im sure most people on this forum drive powerfull cars, just because there are a few p platers out there who do hoon around doesn't mean every p plater is. i dont really see what is wrong with getting a dc5r, i no they are quick but i too love cars and really wanted one ever since they have come out. i remember seing them at the motorshow back in the day and could only dream about owning one.

alex690
22-01-2009, 12:04 PM
i just dont understand people on these forums, if you dont have anything related or useful to the question, simply don't put your 2 cents in. The question is clear, if you dont have a relevant answer, then dont say anything at all.
i too have the same question as you, ive been doing a bit of research and the RX8 is legal for P's
so i'd say either an RX8 or DC5R would be your best bet, im also about to purchase either of those and i am 18 and just got my p's

i can confirm that the 125KW per tonne rule has been abolished.
the law regarding high powered vehicles is no supercharged, turbo or 8 cylinder, there is also an exclusion list of NA high performance 6 cylinders

vinnie226
22-01-2009, 03:21 PM
i just dont understand people on these forums, if you dont have anything related or useful to the question, simply don't put your 2 cents in. The question is clear, if you dont have a relevant answer, then dont say anything at all.
i too have the same question as you, ive been doing a bit of research and the RX8 is legal for P's
so i'd say either an RX8 or DC5R would be your best bet, im also about to purchase either of those and i am 18 and just got my p's

couldn't agree more

migoreng
22-01-2009, 10:16 PM
^ but why does the OP use the word 'quick' in the topic?
they brought the laws in cause people in high powered skylines/commordores kept killing themselves..
now it seems the OP wants to find his way around the law to get the 'fastest' car possible?
why?
no offense or anything but i could probably beat a newbie red p plate driving a dc5r in my vti-r...learn to drive first... you just got on your Ps so you have no experience at all..you are not quick..
:P

Chernoby1
22-01-2009, 10:48 PM
they brought the laws in cause people in high powered skylines/commordores kept killing themselves..

Most stupid laws Ever. If your a dickhead, your a dickhead, it doesnt matter what car you drive. I am Sure those same idiots would have done the same shit in a hyundai excel. Power =/= more chance of death.

Diz44zy
22-01-2009, 11:00 PM
dc2r's and dc5r's aren't that powerful for a P plater. Personally, I don't see nething wrong with a P plater owning one. My first car was making just over 140rwkw and i actually found the power quite useful when in sticky situations.

alex690
22-01-2009, 11:07 PM
ok when was the last time someone stacked it in a WRX or Skyline, its all about the driver, you always hear about a VN or some shitty commodore crashing and killing people. if you hit a tree at 120 kms in a skyline or a corolla your gonna end up really injured or die. the question asks one question and one question only, he didnt ask about previous experiences or your thoughts on the whole situation.

Moey.C
22-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Most stupid laws Ever. If your a dickhead, your a dickhead, it doesnt matter what car you drive. I am Sure those same idiots would have done the same shit in a hyundai excel. Power =/= more chance of death.

i agreee but 2 a certain extent... i might give it sometimes 2 feel the force push me bak

but i got a sss... had i had a gtir.. id be tempted 2 feel that force alot more and itd push me back just as hard in 2nd 3rd etc... n hence speed more.

ur right but.. if u were after big speeds ur gonna find em.. no matta wat u drive

i guarentee the law has saved lives..

Diz44zy
22-01-2009, 11:16 PM
All I can suggest to all the dip shits wanting to drive like morons is aim for the trees and not other cars or people please!

Chernoby1
23-01-2009, 04:43 AM
i guarentee the law has saved lives..

only because less powerful cars dont lose traction in an auto easily, but this argument should go to a different thread, my bad for constant hijaking.

ontopic:
DC5R = no good. Mainly cause its got too many luxurious features you could do without. (Like asif you need aircon or powersteering... HTFU!)

vinnie226
23-01-2009, 07:16 AM
ontopic:
DC5R = no good. Mainly cause its got too many luxurious features you could do without. (Like asif you need aircon or powersteering... HTFU!)

not that much luxurious features, it has recaro seats and a harsh and noisey ride. (well that is what i have read in reviews) if i wanted a luxurey car i would be wanting the stock dc5 luxurey model. :p

Chernoby1
23-01-2009, 12:16 PM
not that much luxurious features, it has recaro seats and a harsh and noisey ride. (well that is what i have read in reviews) if i wanted a luxurey car i would be wanting the stock dc5 luxurey model. :p

Ride of a dc5r is very smooth, just dont compare it to the ride of a holden or a ford, try a lotus. My tre problem with the dc5 is how much extra weight they forced into the car for no apparent reasons other than style. The dc5r has been lightenedcompared to that, but its still the wrnong mentality. Only good thing about the dc5r... Its balanced really well in most(if not all) respects. But that doesnt suit me, im a man of extremes.

vinnie226
23-01-2009, 02:06 PM
well i'm a man which does like style and a bit of power, so dc5r is still the top of my list.

Chernoby1
23-01-2009, 06:07 PM
well i'm a man which does like style and a bit of power, so dc5r is still the top of my list.

"quickest p plate car (VIC laws) " Not "Most Stylish and powerful"

vinnie226
23-01-2009, 06:32 PM
"quickest p plate car (VIC laws) " Not "Most Stylish and powerful"

i created this thread lol
maybe i should have named it different..... oh well