PDA

View Full Version : whiteline bush from kit and oem bush?

55EXX
19-01-2009, 05:30 PM
i have the whiteline heavy duty mounting brackets with lower tie bar at the moment and just bought a asr brace to upgrade this. the d bracket from the whiteline kit doesn't match the asr one. I'm guessing the holes on the asr are meant for oem brackets. will my whiteline bush fit this oem bracket? the bar diameter of the whiteline is 22mm so is the oem. the difference with the bracket is the u bolt design of the whiteline. hard to explain and only have one pic. u bolt hold the d bracket not d bracket get bolted in.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6431/1811081945ob7.jpg

where in brisbane can i buy a oem bracket and a new poly bush if needed? i don't wanna pull it apart and stuff around.

Limbo
20-01-2009, 04:34 PM
yeah i had the old kit. What i did was i cut the cylinders stuck to the bolt plates & then mounted the bolt plates to the brackets of ASR and then used some U brackets i got from supercheap for $20 for the swaybar.

u should be able to do the same juding from the picture & still keep the brace.

55EXX
20-01-2009, 08:09 PM
i dont understand. you used the mounting plate still? pics if possible. do you know if the whiteline bush fit the oem bracket

Limbo
20-01-2009, 10:27 PM
ok the 2 plates on the end will bolt onto the ASR. but you need to cut the backing tubes that hold the bolts, i've tried this on the non brace version.
Other way is to just get the U or brackets from supercheap and mount it stright to the ASR and drop all the whiteline stuff except the bar. The bushes & U clap cost me about $20.

Otherwise i think you could bolt it straight over the ASR, but will just need really long centre bolts.

DD2
21-01-2009, 05:48 PM
So the whiteline sway bar on its own will not bolt straight up to an ASR brace without modification ?

55EXX
21-01-2009, 07:36 PM
no the bar is. the asr arrives with no d brackets. its the d brackets that don't match.