PDA

View Full Version : Drive side windscreen wiper issues

MKI4EVA
19-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Anyone out there have issues with the drivers side windscreen wiper? i know it's sounds gay but we've had honda replace the worn blade twice now and even with the new one it's still making squeaking noises in heavy or light rain.

Seems to be happening at the top of the rotation.

Cheers.

geboy
20-01-2009, 02:18 AM
yeh mine makes a loud squeak whenever its in use (both heavy and light rain). however im not sure which one it is. it could be both driver and passenger side.

MKI4EVA
20-01-2009, 08:19 AM
hahhahah I'm sure the others will experience it sooner or later. we changed our blade twice and it still makes that annoying noise.

i might have to open it up and realign it somehwo.

denot
20-01-2009, 10:00 AM
this has been discussed before and many ppl complain abt this as well... cant find what thread is on though...

MKI4EVA
20-01-2009, 02:02 PM
oh wow..........i'll have a look.

oniononline
20-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I've complained about the same thing on another thread aswell, just incase you couldn't find it, mine was fixed after a full repalcement set, and retensioned, I took it in 3 times for them to fix the wiper problem alone, anyway, it is now fixed, no more noise on dry or wet.

MKI4EVA
20-01-2009, 08:29 PM
what do you mean by full replacement set?..........the whole wiper body itself? or just the insert? we're not too fussed as it's a lease car anyhow but interested to know.

oniononline
21-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Just the inserts ;) They replaced them the second time I took it in, but they've installed one of them up side down (seems directional) and the noise is even louder afterward, so for the third time, they turned the insert around and bam, quiet as a baby.

Btw, I do have some of those wiper washing liquid too.

gerard
21-01-2009, 12:56 PM
I use Rain-X on my glass and in the washer. It does not squeak due to the silicone coating on the glass and rubber.

Some Singapore FDers fix theirs by changing the wiper arms to the '08 model's. Too big a spend in my opinion