PDA

View Full Version : possible to tune with VAFC?

CTR_EK9
20-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Hey guys,

Recently got full exhaust system, j's air intake, NGK spark plug, (buddyclub racing spec condensor, so at the moment i pretty broke, Is it possible to tune it with VAFC I? Installed VAFC awhile back ago when the car was still stock....

cymax
21-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah you can do tune it using VAFC. But however, you must take note that VAFC is still a piggy back. You are only tunning it's air fuel ratio. Hence, there are still limitations and you can't expect much out of it.

Consider getting hondata ECUs when you have the money. It's hell lots of difference.

Riced_Civic
21-01-2009, 12:18 PM
like cymax said you can tune with it but the gains wont be as much as with a full standalone. Get hondata as u will find it much better.

cymax
21-01-2009, 01:23 PM
To add on, other than hondata. You can consider getting other ECUs. Unichip, eManage and etc.....
There are ppl discussing about it. Here is the link:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84787

Cheers. :)

CTR_EK9
21-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeah I know that VAFC wont be able to give much but at the moment got no money for ECU, I've been considering getting a PFC or hondata s300 to tune my car. But which of the two ecu are recommended and which one would be able to give better results?

Riced_Civic
21-01-2009, 05:53 PM
i reckon PFC