PDA

View Full Version : S2000 vs. Audi S3

EuroSip
18-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Okay...i know there's the difference between the turbo and the all wheel drive and stuff...but thinking about whether to get a s2000 or an Audi S3

Of course, the s3 would have to be second hand...but it seems like a nice car.

Performance wise...i think they're around the same huh? expect i think the s3 is a little faster around corners if driven well...

what would you guys choose?

Phantasm
18-10-2004, 08:07 PM
Well this is a stupid question to be asking on a honda site, as almost everyone will tell you the s200 is better.
They are both great cars and personally id take the s2000 due to its rawer nature, trackability and pleasure to drive.
But in terms of performance and safety in all weather you cant go past the audi.
The audi is probly easier to insure and better on petrol?

ingram
18-10-2004, 08:11 PM
to be honst the s2000 will pull more chicks

toE
19-10-2004, 12:43 AM
to be honst the s2000 will pull more chicks

bahahaa... :D :D :D

Anyways, if it was between that two, i'd go the S. but if it was with any other Audi, i'd go the RS4.

my 2 pence.

EuroSip
19-10-2004, 01:20 AM
Doesn't the RS4 cost a lot more though...i haven't checked A4's since that i don't realli like them that much...i like smaller cars...

and yes s2000 pulls a hell of a lot more chicks....but chicks aren't everything when it comes to cars....haven't a few hundred bucks at your expense in your wallet probably pulls more chicks, esepcially if you have a gold car as well :D

Slugoid
19-10-2004, 01:49 AM
So this is what you're gonna get after you sell the Euro. Interesting...

RS4 does not belong to the A4 series, I'm pretty sure, and yes, it does cost much more than a S3.

S3's....nice car. I call it the "Euro WRX". Very comfy with all the leather and Recaro, but it's no faster than a base WRX. With the new look S3 comming out soon, I guess you can get it for cheap. 2 seater vs. 4 seater. All-paw vs. rear driven. Up to you, but I still reckon you should get a RX8 :p Haha. As I tell everyone who is deciding on a car; drive it!! See which one you like personally and which one suits you. If it's for me, I'd choose a S2K cos I like to mod cars, I love RWD, I crave corner, I don't give a shit about 0-100km/h times, and I love the balance of a NA car.

IRI
19-10-2004, 09:01 AM
S3 can be made to hammer click here (http://www.goapr.com.au/products/images/Dragstrip.wmv) for video. (Golf Gti, same engine as S3 but FF instead of AWD)

aka_NSX
19-10-2004, 09:01 AM
i think the s3 is a little faster around corners if driven well...

I reckon the S2K will be much better cornering, as on the TOUGE battle you can see how quick is the AMUSE S2K goes . . .
IMO get the S2K :thumbsup:

McChook
19-10-2004, 09:12 AM
I'd get an S3 tomorrow if I had the money.... seriously great - and upgrades are rife

Speeder
19-10-2004, 09:43 AM
i think both cars are great, yet both cars offer different characteristics. for modding a turbo cars are so much easier and cheaper to get power increase compared to na, but if you ask anyone, S3 puffs out around 5500rpm, bit hard especially coming from a high revving engine, but the engine from S3s are not a bad unit, lacks capacity but has a snail, with a chip, they go really well. handling......each to their own, a AWD and a RWD are totally different, in the wet S3 will have an upper hand and in dry, i can say both cars will perform. only the negative thing about the S3 is that they are a fat porker, close to 1.4tonnes i think thanks to the AWD. and for the looks, i personaly like both cars as s2k is a smooth look, while the s3 are low key, just looks like an A3 but with balls. also audis hold the value better then honda/ not always but usually....as hondas do hold value too
test drive both and see from there.

toE
19-10-2004, 01:10 PM
...test drive both and see from there.

:thumbsup:

Euro_Boy
19-10-2004, 01:21 PM
S2000.

I have test driven many a s2k when I was going to buy one. The dynamics of the handling and performance are unbelievable.

Jim80y
19-10-2004, 01:41 PM
A3 - Haldex Quattro sucks dogs balls; not really a full time 4wd.

Speeder
19-10-2004, 02:26 PM
A3 - Haldex Quattro sucks dogs balls; not really a full time 4wd.
i be careful about saying it sucks coz its not a full time 4WD, neither are skyline gtr :)

FB008
19-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Definitely the S2000... as much as I love pocket rockets I'd rather the S2000 over any germans cars anyday :)

That's just my opinion though...

EZZY
19-10-2004, 07:41 PM
it all depends on what you are after, ie. look/practicality/driving style.
i know its a difficult choice, S2K will turn more heads (chicks), but the S3 will "carry" more heads (chicks) :D
you will not be able to make much more power out of an already impressive S2K (say, header/exhaust/ecu/intake etc), and it will cost you a few pennies... on the other hand, the S3 makes 165kw at the flywheel, and there are a few "chips/ecu software" available to provide more kw, on top of that, there are intake kits, exhaust systems availabe as well. yes its the "euro wrx", but the build quality/driving experience is way above the wrx.

go to www.ozaudi.com/forum and speak to a few guys with S3.

or on the other hand, just get an RX-8 :D ..... sorry im biased :D

e

EuroSip
19-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Awesome advice that i'm getting...especially the carry more chicks one :D

To be honest...low key is plus performance is probably better....as much as i love the s2000....i know i'm probably never gonna have the top down so do you think it's worth it for me to buy a convertible that i won't drive with the top down?

aka_NSX
19-10-2004, 10:59 PM
yes, just get the hardtop same as the s2000 by kingmotorsport/mugen

baboo
20-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Audi cars although have solid builds and great traction, but it doesn't have driver involvement. S2k got plenty of feel.

BUT

S3 carrys 3 chicks VS 1 chick in S2k.

Id say go for S3 :thumbsup:

Euro cars have that BLING!! effect too. so a Black S3 with Chrommies is a MUST!

EuroSip
20-10-2004, 12:26 PM
The Bling where you go, i drive the audi kinda shit?? :D

What if you drove a volvo...then it's kinda sad...although i did have one once...

I haven't driven the S3 but i tried the A4 a while ago...true that there's not much feel when driving...that's why i actually quite like jap cars...they have a little bit more rawness...

and about buying a hardtop....i've seen it...don't you think it's a little ugly??

How does the cars sound...cause the s2000 screams like hell when reved high huh....dunno about how s3's sound though

Phantasm
20-10-2004, 01:43 PM
I reckon the S2K will be much better cornering, as on the TOUGE battle you can see how quick is the AMUSE S2K goes . . .
IMO get the S2K :thumbsup:

Im sick of people talking the amuse s2k, this does not represent the actual handling of a stock s2k. No where near, might as say the s3 handling is good as the audi lemans car has good handling.

The audi also provides torque all over the rev range unlike the s2k, and provides much more predictable handling.
The s2k is easly spun as driving on the limit is quite edgy, and quicly in the wet, dangerous.

Practicality = audi
Fun and style = Honda

Speeder
20-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Im sick of people talking the amuse s2k, this does not represent the actual handling of a stock s2k. No where near, might as say the s3 handling is good as the audi lemans car has good handling.

agreed, we are comparing 2 stock cars.
anyway with the feedback, its due to the AWD that lacks characteristics, same with any other AWD, REX, EVO etc....not saying they dont have characteristics, more then a S3 but not too far off either compared to a RWD.
both cars are hot, and i would love to be in your dilemma :D

McChook
21-10-2004, 07:11 AM
i be careful about saying it sucks coz its not a full time 4WD, neither are skyline gtr :)
Ahhh :confused:
Yes they are

I love the turbo kits available for the S3 - 250awkw for $5500 = bargain

Speeder
21-10-2004, 04:52 PM
gtrs are not full time 4wd, they are sequential awd

joyride
21-10-2004, 07:06 PM
i'd pick the S3 or maybe a newer model A4, just because its a euro.

silvia200sx
22-10-2004, 12:07 AM
yeh just drive em and c which u like, whether awd vs rwd, turbo vs n/a, convertable vs hatch...too very different cars.......depends on ur driving style i mean i prefer rwd to drift and tail out but awd will keep u out of trouble....i think straight the s3 would beat the s2k but around corners im not too sure....

but like i said personal choice i mean my car is 14 yrs old and my mx gets heaps of looks hehe

enoch
22-10-2004, 12:59 AM
buy a camry

mike@9K
25-10-2004, 02:19 AM
If i were you, id get the s2k. I'm a bit biased, but if your looking for sound, nothing beats an S2k, apexi catback, top down, 9,000RPM.

EuroSip
25-10-2004, 01:09 PM
I agree...that's if i want sound...does anyone know how the s3 sounds at 5500 revs? Cause i tried a 325ci the other day and it sounded awesome...although personally i think bmw's have great engine sounds...too flash though...

Speeder
25-10-2004, 01:54 PM
does anyone know how the s3 sounds at 5500 revs?
yeah runs out of puff. otherwise, they sound like a normal car, very quiet, more on the 'refined' note.

EuroSip
25-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Oh really!? so no whoosh! and baaaaaaarrgggnnn!!! sound when it's at high revs? hmm...might reconsider it then....still wanna be able to hear the engine well every now and then...

EZZY
25-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Oh really!? so no whoosh! and baaaaaaarrgggnnn!!! sound when it's at high revs? hmm...might reconsider it then....still wanna be able to hear the engine well every now and then...

mate, best to test drive both cars (stock for stock) and see for yourself :D . but i can tell ya, the S3 have more potential for mods, been a turbocharged car, and it spins 4 wheels at the same time :D mmm....... corners :wave:

e

FB008
25-10-2004, 06:25 PM
S2k reeks of style, prolly not as practical as the A3. But they're 2 different cars... One's a pocket rocket, the other's a sports car. I'd rather an Alfa Romeo 147GTA instead of an A3, bar the reliability issues...

S2K definitely more bang for buck :thumbsup:

Type R Positive
27-10-2004, 03:27 AM
seriously, Audi's have reliability issues. Buckets of crap. Expensive crap. Get a BMW M3 if you want good euro or a new VW R32 golf. What a machine!!! It comes down to money so how much you got??? It sounds like around $50K to me. Second hand EVO 8 anyone!!! (or a new one at around $65k)

bumography
27-10-2004, 03:55 AM
i prefer audi
s2000 is too much of an ego trip

EZZY
27-10-2004, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=Type R Positive]seriously, Audi's have reliability issues. Buckets of crap. Expensive crap.QUOTE]

more info pls, the audi are actually quite stronmg, especially the 1.8T's. i had a TT for 15 months, not a problem, still have the A4, runs very well..... maybe the ones you saw/knew were maintained/looked after properly ;)

e