PDA

View Full Version : for sale no rwc? legal? fine?queensland

4age8u
21-01-2009, 05:15 PM
hey guys basically i am selling my car..anwyays i got a for sale sticker in the back window from carsale...as i was reading on another forum,can i get a fine without rwc on a for sale car?thanks noob here..so whats the rules here in queensland thanks just want to clear up just in case i get pulled over

***thinking its all over when they come back to the car, the female goes do you have a rwc because i had a for sale sign on the car, im like no cause its been for sale for over 6 months and rwc only last 28days. so we get in a big arguement bout it and hen wen she comes back its 500 ****ing dollars, $50 more then my dd charge (WTF). so i think its prettyridiculous like fair enough cop a fine but $500 is bs**

MRGRIM
21-01-2009, 06:47 PM
nope not a problem in any state in oz you can always sell a car without a RWC if its a private sale..

the law in all states varys about RWC in dealership sale's ..ie:- non private

Kiki
21-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Its fine to sell without a road worthy

Most people tend to sell with road worthy if it also has rego, most dont if selling without rego

sassy_fit_vtit
21-01-2009, 09:29 PM
i was the impression that if you had to supply it if you sold your car registered and it is the responsibility of the seller to supply it, unless it is sold as an unregistered car. Double check www.transport.qld.gov.au or call 132380 and rwc are valid for 2 months on private sales

sassy_fit_vtit
21-01-2009, 09:32 PM
oh i was reading no the qld transport site that it is an no the spot fine of $500 if you do not display a rwc on your car if it is up for sale.

4age8u
22-01-2009, 10:07 AM
so im confused legal or not legal? i dont want any fines lol thanks guys plus rep

sassy_fit_vtit
22-01-2009, 10:38 AM
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Registration/Motor_vehicles/Buying_or_selling_a_used_vehicle/Safety_certificates/

When can vehicles be sold without a safety certificate?

The only time vehicles do not require a certificate is when they are unregistered or when they are traded to, or between, licensed motor dealers. Vehicles can still be sold for parts or restoration, but they must be de-registered before being offered for sale.
How long are safety certificates current for?
For private sellers, safety certificates must have been issued in the two months or 2000 kilometres before sale, whichever comes first. A new safety certificate is required each time you sell the vehicle even if it is within the two months or 2000 kilometres.
Displaying safety certificates

Safety certificates must be displayed in a very obvious place, for example:

* motorbike—front forks or guard
* car—windscreen or window
* trailer—draw-bar.

If you fail to display a safety certificate on the vehicle from the moment you offer it for sale you will receive an on-the-spot fine of A$500.

4age8u
22-01-2009, 03:40 PM
shi* better take my for sale sign off!! thanks mate