PDA

View Full Version : Headunit doesn't recognise all songs

JN7
21-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Hey guys, I have a pioneer headunit and I play my songs off a usb but I have an issue where some songs (which are mp3s) aren't recognised by the head unit and doesn't play. Does anyone know why?
Thanks.

mugeneration
23-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Digital Rights Management (DRM)?

Some songs are only meant to be played on certain devices (like those bought off itunes, ripit etc). The file will be there but you wont be able to play it on players that dont have the appropriate license (ie your computer). Thatd be my guess.

dc5.taiger
05-02-2009, 08:00 PM
i have the same problem with my pioneer system, what i do is re-copy the songs that dont work again onto the usb. giv it a shot

JN7
09-02-2009, 10:46 PM
i have the same problem with my pioneer system, what i do is re-copy the songs that dont work again onto the usb. giv it a shot

does it solve the problem now and then or all the time when you do this?
i get cranky when i put a new song on and find out later on that it doesn't work!
thanks mate.

hisoka
10-02-2009, 01:07 AM
same thing on my alpine unit.

song works, next time i put it in it doesnt work.

i took out whole sound system anyway, except for head unit

dvsx
10-02-2009, 12:17 PM
what headunit do u have?

mines an alpine and the reason it said "not supported" for some songs was because it couldnt read the filename off the usb. Turns out it could only read numbers and letters. So try getting rid off the symbols like brackets, underscores etc.

i named my songs just by a number, but then i stole my gf's ipod :p

JN7
10-02-2009, 01:50 PM
what headunit do u have?

mines an alpine and the reason it said "not supported" for some songs was because it couldnt read the filename off the usb. Turns out it could only read numbers and letters. So try getting rid off the symbols like brackets, underscores etc.

i named my songs just by a number, but then i stole my gf's ipod :p

Mine's pioneer. So should I go through all the information all of the song like album, comments and all that?

dvsx
10-02-2009, 02:05 PM
i think i did, so when the song was playing it just said

1.mp3 or 24.mp3 etc.

but if yours might not be the same problem since its pioneer, not too sure if you should waste your time trying that

trying googling it. i just googled my head unit model and the message "not supported" and found that solution