PDA

View Full Version : Body weight vs bike weight/size

lHlonda
22-01-2009, 02:53 PM
hey all,

i have recently been bike shopping these days (250cc) and i have come across the cbr250r/rr and the new kawa ninja 250r.

both very sexy bikes, after being on both bikes the ninja was way heavier(wasnt allowed to test drive the ninja ><)...

i weigh around 68~70...can anyone briefly explain the maths for this??

dogcrapau
22-01-2009, 03:11 PM
maths is obvious all 250cc the more heavier you are the slower it will be..
all i know is

cbr250rr= common, fast, built to last very nimble.
cbr250r= superseded by above, in terms of looks, brakes, frame design.
ninja= looks only.

they all weight roughly the same.. not much heavier or lighter than each other, its just that each have different seating positions and these positions shift the centre of gravity hence making you think its heavier or lighter.
but go with whatever makes you happy..
im about the same weight as you and chose the 250rr.

Type R Positive
22-01-2009, 03:14 PM
What math do you want exactly? Power to weight?
Anyway, you are 'ideal weight' for those type of bike.

Go to different dealer to get a test ride of the kawa, then make your choice.

dogcrapau
22-01-2009, 03:20 PM
i dont think they let you test ride unless you sign some agreement to buy and very very keen or someshit.
thats what they said to me when i wanted to test a gixer750

bennjamin
22-01-2009, 03:33 PM
remember the center of gravity determines how "heavy" a bike can "feel" both static and while riding.

Zdster
22-01-2009, 03:37 PM
ninja= looks only.

Oh, so by default the GPX/ZZR is a poor bike then? :o :zip:

nvmee
22-01-2009, 03:45 PM
the Gpx are a good bike, physically not the prettiest bike but are up there with the 'unbreakable'tag

Zdster
22-01-2009, 04:36 PM
The GPX/ZZR = new ninja without fairings. They are basically the same bike, although I still wouldnt buy a 'new' bike as a first bike.

dogcrapau
22-01-2009, 10:12 PM
zdster is right, i wouldnt get a new bike as a first bike,
as for new ninja is all looks.. to my view i recon so..
sorry im not a fan of them.. at first i was till i rode one.

lHlonda
23-01-2009, 02:33 AM
thanks for the facts guys especially dogcrapau, if ur calculations are right, i must of thought the ninja was heavier cauz the ninja's seating arrangement is far back compared to the cibby.

the maths i was looking for was, if there is actually a limit for weight, eg: if there is a average "body weight" you should be looking at to ride a bike that weighs blah blah blah or vice versa...

mekros
23-01-2009, 05:35 AM
There's no weight correlation to bike size or whatever. It usually comes down to rider perception of what they think is a good bike.

The ninja is basically a GPX/ZZR redressed. That engine is a parallel twin. The CBR is an inline 4. What that means is that power delivery between the kwaka and Honda will be different. The kwaka has more torque, a lower redline and a more constant power delivery. The Honda will deliver it in typical honda fashion :)

TurBIce
23-01-2009, 06:31 AM
go to a different dealer. n ask for a test ride.
dotn go to those stingy ones.

i went to the epping rd honda and all i did was ask if i can test ride. n they had one out the front in 2 mins. n let me go around myself. but then again. might b coz i have full licence~

Zdster
23-01-2009, 09:21 AM
might b coz i have full licence~

You think???? :zip:

rodericb
21-03-2009, 09:31 PM
It doesn't really make much difference. If you're comparing a CBR250 to a Ninja 250 it's more a case of what colour and noise you prefer and if you want a newly built bike (Ninja) or something which might be older than you are (CBR). Whatever your weight is, it's not going to affect anything or make one better than the other. The Ninja is actually a few kilos lighter than the CBR250RR.

AznEmpress
25-03-2009, 08:55 AM
I don't think there's really a height to weight calc in bikes. It's probably determined more by your capabilities as a rider... I've had my license for over 3 years now and I'd not let myself at a new bike I haven't pillioned on before, but that's just me.

aimre
25-03-2009, 09:39 AM
^^^

Why what the hell will that teach you

AznEmpress
25-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Lol... absolutely nothing really.

aimre
25-03-2009, 10:18 AM
It doesn't really make much difference. If you're comparing a CBR250 to a Ninja 250 it's more a case of what colour and noise you prefer and if you want a newly built bike (Ninja) or something which might be older than you are (CBR). Whatever your weight is, it's not going to affect anything or make one better than the other. The Ninja is actually a few kilos lighter than the CBR250RR.

More like torque vs power. My mates spada is A LOT easier for a learner to learn on as it has some tourqe down low. My old bandit needed 10,000rpm launches to take off with any decent speed. My xr250 would be quicker the off the line, but i cant keep front down.

Zilli
25-03-2009, 10:26 AM
go to a different dealer. n ask for a test ride.
dotn go to those stingy ones.

i went to the epping rd honda and all i did was ask if i can test ride. n they had one out the front in 2 mins. n let me go around myself. but then again. might b coz i have full licence~

yep... was the same for me, they're happy to let you ride there...

My bike is just about 250 kilos... albeit not a sport bike it doesnt feel really heavy because of the low centre of gravity, having said that if it were to go too far one way you'd be lucky to keep it from going, and you dont want to be under it...

quoted acceleration times are on the mark with a dc2r... so its not the fastest but got heaps of low down grunt