PDA

View Full Version : Door locking problem

Psy
23-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi since yesterday i've had a weird problem when i press Lock or even unlock on the remote, it doesn't quite work properly. It opens all the doors except the driver side and even pressing unlock locks all doors except the driver, but note this is sometimes which makes it even more weird.

However if i insert the key to lock or unlock then it works fine.

What's going on?

UPDATE: I went to the car and drove to several places and locked the car everytime whenever i pressed lock and unlocked opened like normal.

One thing i remember i did to make it screwy was pressing lock twice because i was too used to the Holden Dead Lock Feature.

It seems if i press it only once, it remains good but if i press the lock twice, it goes weird on me.

Ken-f
23-01-2009, 08:47 PM
The actuator inside the door has died. Do a search and you'll find many of us have had that issue.

Edit: Dying, not died.

blk05gli
23-01-2009, 10:18 PM
and expensive :-(

TRaNz
23-01-2009, 11:58 PM
yeah mines dying as well...been like that for a month now.....for me i jsut have to lock/unlock twice.....like if im locking the door, ill have to press it once, then wait like 2 secs and press lock again and it goes down and so vice versa.....just cbf splurging out for a fix for it. LOL.

pxrnm
24-01-2009, 10:29 AM
yeah mines dying as well...been like that for a month now.....for me i jsut have to lock/unlock twice.....like if im locking the door, ill have to press it once, then wait like 2 secs and press lock again and it goes down and so vice versa.....just cbf splurging out for a fix for it. LOL.

Oh I got the same issue exactly. Have to press lock and unlock twice. How much do you think will cost to fix this (not with honda)? or this is just need to be replaced? I got honda quoted me for about $400 just for 1 door.

Psy
24-01-2009, 11:08 AM
The actuator got be bought from JayCar for like 12 dollars, can we use that?