PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Honda Accord

Usual Suspect
10-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Well i just bought my first car a few weeks ago, its a 1983 Honda Accord 3rd. If you dont know much about the car, its got a 1602cc engine, and rest is bog standard. What i want to know is if anyone out their has had any experience with these cars eg modding them or if anyone knows about modding this car.

The only thing special about her at the moment is the Gold rims. My dad is giving me some money to spend on her, as i have no job atm. First im getting my air conditioning fixed by one of my dads old mechanics (did i metnion my dad used to wrked for honda here in WA for 11 years or so) at a cheap price. After that im getting somew ICE for my car, probably a Pioneer head unit and 2 6" speakers for the front doors. Cant do much more coz their is no shelf at the back, as its a 3dr, and i want to keep access to my spare wheel fairly easy and clean. Once thats done im gonna get a new exhuast system, dont know what exactly yet but probably end up with twin tips instead of a big canon.

Well if anyone has got any suggestions plz email me or reply here.

Cheers.

Usual Suspect
10-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Well i was reading a review of my model car on www.carsurvey.com and some guy put a 170hp motor in it. Im trying to find out which one but their is no realy way of getting in contact with him. Does anyone have an idea what sort of motor could be put in my car. If u need dimensions i can reply with them.

mo
10-11-2003, 09:23 PM
170hp? b16a?

Usual Suspect
10-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Thats what i was thinking. Just need to find out the exact dimensions and stuff, see if any extreme modding will have to happen. If it will fit without little modding i can get one over here from a friend of a friend.