View Full Version : Clatter noise from under rocker cover

g_kn
23-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Hey guys,
Just recently replaced a Head gasket for a b18c and after starting up found that there was a constant clattering noise
(marble clatter noise) coming from under the rocker cover , perhaps the valve train?
note: The car starts up & does not die or idle funny.
any ideas ? thanks

AE092
23-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Noisy tappets. May need adjusting.

Just a side note, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO's generally have noisy tappets so may not be too much of a big issue

55EXX
23-01-2009, 09:09 PM
adjust tappets and have the timing re set. easy job for a honda mech

g_kn
23-01-2009, 09:09 PM
k thanks, any other help?

magicmike
23-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Buy a new car ?

g_kn
23-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Buy a new car ?

Ugly maroon teg, what a gay colour mike:P
dw my car is new now...

gonna adjust tappets tomorrow.. thanks

JasonGilholme
23-01-2009, 09:42 PM
honda engines aren't the same as mitsubishi engines lol

Honda engines tend to have alot of injector noise but tappet noise shouldn't be a problem. if you can hear them then they're out of spec.

if you hear the ticking noise coming from the injectors, its alright.

marble rattling around in the valve train doesn't sound good. hope its your valve adjustments.

DvS-
18-02-2009, 08:41 AM
honda engines aren't the same as mitsubishi engines lol

Honda engines tend to have alot of injector noise but tappet noise shouldn't be a problem. if you can hear them then they're out of spec.

if you hear the ticking noise coming from the injectors, its alright.

marble rattling around in the valve train doesn't sound good. hope its your valve adjustments.

sorry to bring up an old thread, but whats the best method to check if the noise is coming from the injectors?

my motor makes a constant ticking sound (gets faster as the revs climb).. i had my tappets checked out and they were ok...

Thanks.