PDA

View Full Version : rattling/tapping/knocking sound

aznsiko
19-10-2004, 01:26 AM
hey guys i get this farked up knockin or tapping or rattling sound wateva u wana call it.. wen i rev it.. u noe wats rong?? r there any DIY ways to fix dis prob??

alzteg
19-10-2004, 10:00 AM
is it coming from the rear or the front?
is it at a certain rev?

might be either the rear shocks upper bushing or exhaust heat sheild

TypeLess
19-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Yep, i had the same problem and the rattling sound came from the cracked exhaust heat shield.
you can either take the shield off or get a new 1 to replace it. ( i just took it off and left it off ) and no problems.

aznsiko
19-10-2004, 11:59 AM
yea.. tho it sounds like it coming from the engine.. valves or sumfin?? so u definitley sure its the exhaust???

Jon_51
19-10-2004, 12:46 PM
hey guys i get this farked up knockin or tapping or rattling sound wateva u wana call it.. wen i rev it.. u noe wats rong?? r there any DIY ways to fix dis prob??

yea.. tho it sounds like it coming from the engine.. valves or sumfin?? so u definitley sure its the exhaust???

From what you've given to go off, I don't see how he could possibly be sure,
it could be your valve train making that unpleasant noise, your header might be old and crusty, or as suggested the heatshield on the cat. Then it could be far more serious then that.
btw, you have a b18a and your sig says ...!vtec power!...?
ohwell any excuse to praise variable valve timing :rolleyes: :p

Dtegra
04-01-2005, 10:54 PM
forgot to check actually how old this post is but from wat im hearing from u its the problem i had with my last motor...Big end bearing MAIN bearing that helps out the crankshaft it goes by not having sufficient enuff oil if its wat it is u need a new motor ... sorry to break it to u like that

wat mine did id start it up..it make the noise..id idle sweet as..id accelerate and it'd start to knock KNOCK KNOCK knock knock etc.... then back off itd slow down if u drive itl do it
:confused:

Integ LS
06-01-2005, 11:44 AM
I had a similar type of sound coming from my motor took it in to get it looked at it made the noise above 3 k it ended up I had cracked the crank needed to replace Motor :-(

Good Luck hope its one of the other Probs metioned.

Sorry didnt read prev post before I posted I had exact same Prob.

Fluffy
06-02-2009, 06:19 AM
i get some random rattling noise too.. but its was only after i put headers and new cat on.. makes it going past 3k revs.. anyone else had this problem?

sgr
06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
i have this problem too.
every time when i rev up to 3200-3500rpm....there is a rattle noise knocking and knocking...but every time when i pass 3500rpm, the noise is gone...
the car drives alright, only the noise at that rev range....it doesnt seem to need a new motor...where can i check this problem out or anyone has the same situation on their b18c2 motor?

ECU-MAN
06-02-2009, 03:05 PM
where can i check this problem out or ?

remove the crank shaft and measure the bearing surfaces with plasti guage

sgr
06-02-2009, 03:19 PM
so should i do this before the engine die? will they cost a lot?
i mean if the main bearing fail, is the motor can be rebuilt or must need a new motor...