PDA

View Full Version : 2009 HONDA CITY is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnnythehondaman
24-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi all, just want to share a few photos with you about the new Honda CITY. Just checked-in the vehicle on friday. The quality is very high. Very good sound stereo, good bass. Wicked I-pod /USB connection. Under seat storage for rear seat. Good solid door structure. 5 star crash rating. Better fuel economy then JAZZ and slightly more torque. The drive is much better then the 2009 VTI JAZZ both manual and auto. Steering feedback is much better. The only weakness about this CITY is that it is not a big car. Anyone 6'2'' or beyond will struggle to fit at rear seat.:honda::thumbsup::wave:

johnnythehondaman
24-01-2009, 09:04 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1747376&l=09558&id=667691511
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1747378&l=6688a&id=667691511
face book search jay cee russell

johnnythehondaman
24-01-2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1747389&l=7300e&id=667691511
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1747382&l=62206&id=667691511
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1747379&l=be087&id=667691511
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1747375&l=22aef&id=667691511
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1747377&l=d127b&id=667691511
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1747374&l=971b6&id=667691511

25-01-2009, 12:33 AM
more torque coz its bigger size then jazz :p
fuel consumption shouldnt be far from jazz.

friend of mind have this car in asia, getting similar consumption to jazz.
belief me its a great car!!

wouldnt say its better handling than jazz... it has slightly less body roll lol!... but both car are similar.. is like comparing the old EG sedan and 2doors ;)

same chassis floor plan
what goes on Jazz goes on this car.. =.=

Jackee
25-01-2009, 01:25 PM
whens the release date of this?

hisoka
25-01-2009, 01:34 PM
does it come standard with subwoofer like the accord euro ?

and any chance it has a amp standard aswell ?
looks promising

FitRS
25-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I love the deep blue.

panda[cRx]
26-01-2009, 11:35 AM
whens the release date of this?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2090164&postcount=45

;2090164']the city will be released to australian honda dealers friday week (30th jan)

no price point as of yet due to fluctuating thai baht

there are some shitty phone pics i took of the city a few weeks ago there too

SPQR
26-01-2009, 10:47 PM
I love the deep blue.

It looks like Cobalt Blue as per the new CU2 Euro

UNLS1
27-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi all, just want to share a few photos with you about the new Honda CITY. Just checked-in the vehicle on friday. The quality is very high. Very good sound stereo, good bass. Wicked I-pod /USB connection. Under seat storage for rear seat. Good solid door structure. 5 star crash rating. Better fuel economy then JAZZ and slightly more torque. The drive is much better then the 2009 VTI JAZZ both manual and auto. Steering feedback is much better. The only weakness about this CITY is that it is not a big car. Anyone 6'2'' or beyond will struggle to fit at rear seat.:honda::thumbsup::wave:

John, can u please get all ur facts right before u post up???
U make us dealers look bad!

1.how does it get 5 star crash rating and it doesnt have VSA???

2. the fuel usage is minimal lol Jazx Vti Auto 6.7lt/100km, City Vti Auto 6.6lt/100km lol

3. The Torque and power are EXACTLY the same what are u on about?

4. Lol no bloody sh!t its not a big car its a honda City not accord.

johnnythehondaman
27-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Honda city is here and all dealers should have them. The offical launch day is FEB 6. I have driven the city on the weekend. Less body roll then jazz, more pick up power, more torque. Not as roomy as jazz though. Build quality is high for small car. good finish car. Standard 6 airbags, USB/i-pod connection, CD/mp3 stereo. Very good sound + bass. huge boot space (as big as 2009 accord!) Drop it ya local dealer for a spin!

johnnythehondaman
27-01-2009, 12:19 PM
UNLS1:- please log in and read the honda web bulletin. It says 5 stars crash rating. 6.3L/100KM fuel economy (MAN), Auto is 6.6L/100KM. The spec sheet mention that it is more torque.

UNLS1
27-01-2009, 02:21 PM
UNLS1:- please log in and read the honda web bulletin. It says 5 stars crash rating. 6.3L/100KM fuel economy (MAN), Auto is 6.6L/100KM. The spec sheet mention that it is more torque.

so the brouchure we give to customers is wrong??
lol
even at training they said its the same power and torque as jazz (its the same engine!)

The only way to get a 5 star crash rating it must have ESP (or vsa).
please go to the ANCAP website and read more.

what would i know, only been selling these for 4 years.

27-01-2009, 02:35 PM
LOL!!....

heey heeeey... honda australian brochures are not always right!!!...
my JAZZ VTI-S manual doesnt come with Arm rest! while on the brochures doesnt indicates only auto has it lol...

and end up getting free arm rest from honda aus..

bottom end... this car is to rival the toyota yaris sedan variant... it should be good!!
im looking for getting one.. its very stylish! ahaha..

5 star ratting only available when they have VSA system. if not then it wont be 5 lol...

johnnythehondaman
27-01-2009, 05:18 PM
That's what Honda feed me with the stories. How's "printing error" and unable to confirm sound for ya? I've been working for 6 years and i still getting feed B.S now and then. THe VTIS JAZZ( RS in other countries) we getting is missing bits and pieces too. Apparently, there's a AWD JAZZ , keyless smart key, and full glass roof option we don't get in AUS?!

johnnythehondaman
27-01-2009, 05:26 PM
how can i post pics on here? i have proof of pics that the fuel consumption and power does'nt match on broscure and on honda web extranet.

dc2dc2dc2
27-01-2009, 05:27 PM
imageshack bro imageshackkkkk

27-01-2009, 05:32 PM
or photobucket ;) and use the
PUT LINK HERE comand bro

johnnythehondaman
27-01-2009, 05:41 PM
UNLS1:- What's the RRP on the MAN and AUTO ON the CITY VTI and VTIL??????????

dc2dc2dc2
27-01-2009, 06:23 PM
post pics already.

UNLS1
27-01-2009, 07:38 PM
im not posting the RRP, there is an embargo. u would know that being at honda for 6 years!

did u get the City training??

ur salestalk on jazz will tell u figures.
and dont believe this 5 star rating stuff, u should know what they need for 5 star rating.

and u should know exactly why we arnt getting the glass roof and other options like that.

SPQR
27-01-2009, 10:10 PM
....and u should know exactly why we arnt getting the glass roof and other options like that.

Oh do tell! We lesser non-sales people types love to know what the Gods are up to.

27-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Oh do tell! We lesser non-sales people types love to know what the Gods are up to.

THE GOD OF HONDA AUSTRALIA :wave:
we dont get moon roof coz of the weather here are too horrible! and the UV ratting are quiet hight on some places :thumbsup: well just my taught lol...

Jackee
28-01-2009, 07:37 AM
so their avaialable for purchase now? if i purchase now will i still get the honda bonuses like 5 year warranty that ends in jan? =x how much driveaway am i looking at? thanks ( base model )

burak213
28-01-2009, 07:45 AM
so whats the difference between the jazz and the city if they both have the same engine and fuel consumption?

fitme
28-01-2009, 08:15 AM
some images i found..:)
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3551/ctozpm0.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1029/ctspbq6.jpg
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8638/ctbbshe0.jpg

UNLS1
28-01-2009, 09:05 AM
they are not on sale till feb 5th so u dont get january deals.

There is also the other thing called cost cutting, what other cars in that market and price range have glass moon roofs and other lil cool bits. none. I hardly get asked for a sunroof in the jazz anyway, and with the people buying them 805 wouldnt even care or even know what a glass moon roof is lol
u guys want all this stuff in the car but still want to pay base prices?
would u pay 30k for a VTi jazz?
lol i wouldnt

The difference is the City is a Jazz sendan. Well a VTi jazz sedan. the jazz attracts more women buyers and honda hopes more males will buy the city, i agree too, jazz is to feminine.

28-01-2009, 11:10 AM
LOL!!!....

dats what ppl said about jazz... puuufffff... its a chick car :(.... how sad ... AAHAHAAA

Nax
28-01-2009, 11:17 AM
learn to talk

and im with unsl on this one, get ur facts straight plz.

also +1 to the cheaper cars with less stuff in them, aussie car prices are bad enough without throwing a heap of extras into them that not everyne wants.

drove the city a few weeks back and really liked it, definately something i would consider buying, bigger and tougher lookin then the jazz and the accessories available for it area great

fitme
28-01-2009, 01:21 PM
anyone knows the australian specs for the city??...engine? airbags?
read somewhere that the chinese version has a 1.8l(R18) version...

UNLS1
28-01-2009, 02:57 PM
same as jazz Vti for engine specs.

i have a brochure here but cbf typin or scaning it

FitRS
28-01-2009, 02:59 PM
they are not on sale till feb 5th so u dont get january deals.

There is also the other thing called cost cutting, what other cars in that market and price range have glass moon roofs and other lil cool bits. none. I hardly get asked for a sunroof in the jazz anyway, and with the people buying them 805 wouldnt even care or even know what a glass moon roof is lol
u guys want all this stuff in the car but still want to pay base prices?
would u pay 30k for a VTi jazz?
lol i wouldnt

The difference is the City is a Jazz sendan. Well a VTi jazz sedan. the jazz attracts more women buyers and honda hopes more males will buy the city, i agree too, jazz is to feminine.

The Glass Roof is one of these features which makes the Jazz more attractive. Even if it were an option that's fine. The Citroen series (http://www.citroen.com.au/media/pdfs/CitroenPriceList.pdf) of small cars all have this as an option which only is an addition $1750 to the cost of the car. While some people might value other options like better body kit or getting tints, alarms or more performance, I personally would love to have the Moonroof. I'd be more than happy to slap down the $1750 for the Moonroof.

The problem is not whether people can afford it, it's what Honda Australia dictate to the market what they should buy.

The attitude that the Jazz is for females also is quite a silly notion given the features of the Jazz for more than just a A-B car, but a great utility vehicle given it's generous interior space.

While nothing is stopping Honda Australia from marketing the Jazz the car to young girls or old ladies, don't hinder the market where us boys want the Jazz as well.

If the comparison of Jazz for girls and City for boys is to be held, consider the question like: Why is the USB cable included in the City yet not included in the Jazz? Surely not only men like to listen to their iPODs but also girls have iPods as well?

FitRS
28-01-2009, 03:01 PM
so whats the difference between the jazz and the city if they both have the same engine and fuel consumption?

Not much. Mainly the body & interior space. Apparently it looks tougher and therefore will appeal to men. :o

UNLS1
28-01-2009, 03:03 PM
lol the audio question is a good one about ipod!

in fact honda aus had to option the CD player as over seas its just USB and ipod.
it is a but unlucky that the City Stereo is better than jazz and civic.

fitme
28-01-2009, 03:42 PM
im guessing the price of this 4th gen city will be inbetween the civic and the jazz....same as the other country....i hope the australian specs is much meatier than the asian specs

UNLS1
28-01-2009, 06:57 PM
im guessing the price of this 4th gen city will be inbetween the civic and the jazz....same as the other country....i hope the australian specs is much meatier than the asian specs

u are spot on! i cant say wat prices are, im sure somone will blurt it out, but thats where it will be.

FitRS
28-01-2009, 07:31 PM
u are spot on! i cant say wat prices are, im sure somone will blurt it out, but thats where it will be.

lol dude. Not hard to guess. Probably start from $18,990 or $19,990.

SPQR
28-01-2009, 11:16 PM
learn to talk

and im with unsl on this one, get ur facts straight plz.

also +1 to the cheaper cars with less stuff in them, aussie car prices are bad enough without throwing a heap of extras into them that not everyne wants.

drove the city a few weeks back and really liked it, definately something i would consider buying, bigger and tougher lookin then the jazz and the accessories available for it area great

lol lol lol lol lol lol rofl!

Learn to write!

And I'm with UNLS1 on this one; get your facts straight please.

Also, well done to the cheaper cars with less stuff in them; aussie car prices are bad enough without throwing a heap of extras into them that not everyone wants.

I drove the City a few weeks back and I really liked it. It's definitely something I would consider buying; it's bigger and tougher-looking than the Jazz and the accessories available for it are great!

29-01-2009, 12:29 AM
LOL !!! LOL!!! AHAHAHAHAHAAHA.......

geeh u guys are damn picky!

seen the city up close.. !! its quiet nice! but it didnt come with 1.8 R18 like HK does ... :(...

yourfather
29-01-2009, 12:32 AM
get a civic.

if I want a jazz i'll get a jazz.

if i want a small sedan i'll get a civic.

and perth dealer guy, the 4wd versions are not built in thailand.

If you are so keen on getting a 4wd Jazz, tell Honda Australia to stop dicking us when it comes to good cars.

Atjo
29-01-2009, 01:16 PM
i agree too, jazz is to feminine.
I don't think Jazz with this Noblesse kit too feminine :p

http://www.modupload.com/images/6bwvu3y5brm2ejsec5.jpg

http://www.modupload.com/images/l7w0346kz3yi311pot.jpg

HKS
29-01-2009, 04:11 PM
What model of the city is in those pictures? the auto doesn't seem to have any paddle shifts...like the overseas model

UNLS1
29-01-2009, 04:17 PM
lol that jazz does look horn and very man

SPQR
29-01-2009, 10:54 PM
LOL !!! LOL!!! AHAHAHAHAHAAHA.......

geeh u guys are damn picky

Sorry, I was between serious posts. I had noticed that Nax had written "learn to talk" in reply to someone and then proceeded to destroy the English language in his own post. Lol lol lol.

Tofu
30-01-2009, 08:20 AM
wouldn't it be funny if they get a majority of Honda City buyers to be female...lol
I'm reserving my opinion on the Honda City till I drive one.

VT3C
30-01-2009, 04:42 PM
LMFAO !!! Johhny what are you smokin' boy ?? and where's mine :D

City is here, had training yesterday.. Personally I prefer the Fit.. i mean Jazz..
for me, the Jazz reminds me of EG hatch (with SOHC) and the CITY reminds me of an EK sedan to drive.. too much ass dangling around for my likings.. never personally been a fan of sedans..

the bodyroll is MUCH WORSE on the CITY in my opinion.. that was the first thing I noticed !! and the seating position is VERY HIGH.. i am 6'1" and i only have about 2" headroom with the seat adjusted to it's lowest setting so if I was wearing a helmet, I'd be in trouble. apart from headroom there is HEAPS of room inside though with more rear legroom than a EURO !! The City gets a 60/40 Split-Fold rear seat with Armrest which is better than the Civic..

the LOOK of the car is really spank-tastic but for some reason the manual feels slower than the Jazz and the auto is similar but not as quick off the line.. the Jazz actually gets wheelspin if u take off hard in the auto..

one thing I liked about the car is the engine bay !!! if they can fit a K24 into the OLD JAZZ's engine bay, then you could fir a C32A in this sucker !! it's a huge engine bay !!

The L15 packs the same 88Kw@6600RPM and 145Nm@4800RPM as the Jazz.
Weight for a VTi (m) 1110kg, VTi (a) 1145kg.. VTiL (m) 1125kg, VTiL (a) 1160kg

I have pricing, as UNLS1 said, there's an advertising embargo on the price untill the February launch date, however if you take the price of a VTi Jazz, add ~$500 and you're in VTi CITY LAND.. The VTiL jsut gets Alloys, Foglights, Leather S-Wheel, telescopic S-Wheel adjustment, 'Premium' Cloth seats (looks same as VTi but is thicker), Chrome Exhaust Tip, Cup Holders in Rear Armrest and a stumpy Radio Antenna.

http://images.paultan.org/images2/Honda-City-Modulo-1.jpg

HONDA is launching the MODULO brandname in Australia with this new model.. there will be a Modulo spec CITY available and I saw a bulletin on the desk with a Modulo (NEW MODEL) Odyssey also. Basically MODULO is just a fancy European-sounding name for their accessory range.

hope that was helpfull ;P

30-01-2009, 05:07 PM
BEDE!! where are u!! i went there .. and ur not there.. :( den i browse my self and check here and there... AHAHAAHA... looking for test driving one :p but no1 there...

is a nice car.. gotta love the SEAT TRIM on the VTIL oMG its much better then the jazz VTIS lolz...

City almost 100 kg more :p den the jazz wooooot lol..
gotta say .. if this car has bigger engine it would have been good ahaha...

SPQR
30-01-2009, 09:29 PM
....HONDA is launching the MODULO brandname in Australia with this new model.. .....Basically MODULO is just a fancy European-sounding name for their accessory range.....

It's not just a fancy name: "Modulo" is the Italian word for:-

"form", as in an application form;
"module" as in a lunar module or a furniture module; and
"modulus" as in Shear Modulus or Section Modulus etc. (coefficients relating to a physical property - for the non-engineers out there).

I would tend to think Honda had "module" in mind when they chose "Modulo". Like a modular accessory catalogue that enables people to add bits and pieces in discrete modules so as not to blow the budget all at once!

gumus89
30-01-2009, 09:56 PM
That Jazz up there has some mad looking rear camber from the front view.

evolution
30-01-2009, 10:36 PM
I saw a bulletin on the desk with a Modulo (NEW MODEL) Odyssey also

Any release dates for the 09 Odyssey yet? Currently in Singapore for holidays, and they have it in the showrooms,I might go and test the new Odyssey and the Absolute version.

30-01-2009, 10:55 PM
june? april it must be this year ;)

hope they fix the braking system.. on the new oddy.. the old one tend to have brake bias when its full loaded =.=..

MODULO body kit has been out for awhile, they are standard kit from honda acces/ accessory.
made ppl to personalize their taste.. same as usual stuff ;)

VT3C
31-01-2009, 10:05 AM
BEDE!! where are u!! i went there .. and ur not there.. :( den i browse my self and check here and there... AHAHAAHA... looking for test driving one :p but no1 there...

City almost 100 kg more :p den the jazz wooooot lol..
gotta say .. if this car has bigger engine it would have been good ahaha...

I took a VTiL (m) home last night - was better than my first impression but the suspension is too floppy for my personal liking.. I'd still prefer a VTi JAZZ personally - especially the VTiS JAZZ.

Chris let me know when and i'll bring the City home again for you to test-fang.

It's not just a fancy name: "Modulo" is the Italian word for:-I would tend to think Honda had "module" in mind when they chose "Modulo". Like a modular accessory catalogue that enables people to add bits and pieces in discrete modules so as not to blow the budget all at once!

You're right, Honda used the whole 'modular' concept but man what ever way you look at it, in marketing terms, it's just a fancy euro sounding name for the same ol' accessories.. and Honda (and all manufacturers) doesnt care about people blowwing their budgets, they WANT people to blow all their budget and more on these accessories LOL.. it's more about offering customers the ability to customise their honda to give it a more personal touch but overall, it's just a revenue-raising tool.. dont be naive hahaha

SPQR
31-01-2009, 10:32 PM
^^^ All Honda accessories are overpriced just like every other car manufacturer. I don't get sucked in. They add nothing to resale.

INVSBL
01-02-2009, 12:51 AM
can any1 tell me, equipment wise, wats got more b4 adding options when comparing the VTI-S jazz and the same model 'city'???

or do i have to go bug a dearler???

ktvin09
01-02-2009, 01:54 AM
I personally think the Jazz is much more than a chick car, it's hot man! Look at all the performance mods available for the Jazz and that's solid evidence that alot of Jazz drivers in the market are male (not saying girls don't mod though you all know the ratio), Spoon Jazz, J's Racing Jazz... As mentioned the Jazz has got the EG hatch feel to it, and it kind of looks like an angry looking little EP3. It's also a utility car and in that market it has to be the sexiest comparing the Yaris and stuff.

UNLS1
01-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I personally think the Jazz is much more than a chick car, it's hot man! Look at all the performance mods available for the Jazz and that's solid evidence that alot of Jazz drivers in the market are male (not saying girls don't mod though you all know the ratio), Spoon Jazz, J's Racing Jazz... As mentioned the Jazz has got the EG hatch feel to it, and it kind of looks like an angry looking little EP3. It's also a utility car and in that market it has to be the sexiest comparing the Yaris and stuff.

hmmm i see wat ur saying but i get lost when i see '1.5lt engine' and 'performance' in the same sentence.

unless its a fully decked out turbo, or whatever, 1.5lt and performance just dont go hand in hand.

01-02-2009, 03:04 PM
lol..

does 1.6 lt performance? or 1.8?

what does engine size means to you? if 1.5 is loosers?
the engine are matched with the car!
OMFG ... 88 kw on 1050 KG car is the SAME WEIGHT RATION with 103kw on 1160 kg (CIVIC 1.8 r18)

the engine PURPOSE is for ECONOMICAL not performance ... but it doesnt LIMIT the engine it self to be MODIFIED to have PERFORMANCE looool.....
thats why ktvin09 said Look at all the performance mods available

may be cars with out K20 is not PERFORMANCE? AHAHAHAHAA..... funny

ktvin09
01-02-2009, 07:27 PM
There will always be a faster car with a bigger engine, and even a bugatti veyron owner would be looked down by a jet fighter pilot.

Racing to me is at the heart of the driver, not the capacity of the engine, therefore the different classes of racing categories, be it FF, FR or AWD. Man.. I think I watch too much Initial D lol. I used to ask myself alot why Honda doesn't make turbo cars but who cares, they make good cars, and the people on this forum is a good evidence.

Anyway, let's get back to the topic with the release of this great car, I think it's a brilliant move by Honda to have a budget sedan.

SPQR
01-02-2009, 10:11 PM
I personally think the Jazz is much more than a chick car, it's hot man!......

Yep. But in reality the statistics say that most Jazz buyers are over 45 and female.

There will always be a faster car with a bigger engine, and even a bugatti veyron owner would be looked down by a jet fighter pilot.

I agree that the Jazz and City are good cars. But most jet fighter pilots don't own their multi-million dollar jet fighter whereas Veyrons are usually owned by very very very rich people who sometimes own private jets and other toys. Such people move in different circles than us poor people and jet fighter pilots.

I have some ultra rich relatives and they get invited/taken/flown/accommodated/pampered to do all sorts of rich people only things that us ordinary folk never ever get to know about. You'd be very surprised at this parallel secret world that exists alongside the ordinary world.

INVSBL
01-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I have some ultra rich relatives and they get invited/taken/flown/accommodated/pampered to do all sorts of rich people only things that us ordinary folk never ever get to know about. You'd be very surprised at this parallel secret world that exists alongside the ordinary world.

wat more do they get, free gobies from flight attendents????

coz im sick of paying.

HKS
04-02-2009, 05:34 PM
So is there an official date for the Honda City Yet?, I'm very anxious to have a look at it

Fung
04-02-2009, 08:14 PM
from what i heard today at Collins Honda up at Rockdale Sydney
VTI City is 26K drive away

redstreak
04-02-2009, 08:39 PM
from what i heard today at Collins Honda up at Rockdale Sydney
VTI City is 26K drive away
Yeah i heard they are starting at under 21K plus ORC
The modulo kit is $3500K plus fit and includes grille and alloys,front,side and rear skirts plus rear lip spoiler.Only in SILVER at this stage so a bummer if you like other colours.nice car and would prefer to a yaris..

panda[cRx]
04-02-2009, 09:51 PM
So is there an official date for the Honda City Yet?, I'm very anxious to have a look at it

this friday apparently

lookie lookie http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2109403#post2109403

i was told prices today but i forgot sorry

SPQR
04-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Haven't seen a City at the local Honda dealer (there is only one!) and none in the transport holding yards. This is normal. We get new cars at Honda two weeks after release everywhere else. Mind you, I still haven't seen the new WRX sedan. The local Sube dealer (there is only one!) said they might get one in late February.

Once we went for a whole year waiting for the Ford Explorer update model because the local Ford dealer (there is only one!) had bought all the superseded version stock around Oz and was passing it off as the current model for a year. Not that I like the Ford Explorer!

UNLS1
05-02-2009, 01:51 PM
we have 2 demos on the road now and 2 in the showroom.

will also be doin a modulo one too.

FitRS
05-02-2009, 05:35 PM
http://excitementinthecity.com.my/

Malaysia's site.

SPQR
05-02-2009, 07:45 PM
^^^ They speak English?

FitRS
05-02-2009, 07:59 PM
^^^ They speak English?

Yeah man, Malaysia was ruled by the Queen her self for some time.

Have a read yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia

redstreak
05-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah man, Malaysia was ruled by the Queen her self for some time.

Have a read yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia

i saw the photos of the modulo kit on a car a couple of weeks ago at the kit wholesalers in Caloundra but the photos were a bit grainy..:honda:

andyhui01
06-02-2009, 09:16 AM
City prices are 26k for VTi(A) and 28k for the VTi-L(A) Driveaway... checked with the dealers yesterday. Let me have a look at the back before the launch today afternoon

Diff between VTi and VTi-L was pretty minimal, have the brochure with me... Was mainly different Seat materials, Fog Light and Alloy Wheels... Interior is no where near as good looking and as well designed as the Jazz. Exterior Wise looks pretty good, rear looks almost as wide as a Civic. Rear Seat room is more or less the same as the Civic as well... pretty impressed with the car

ktvin09
06-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Are you kidding me? That's even more expensive than a civic!

INVSBL
06-02-2009, 12:05 PM

that looks like civic pricing, mabye its 16 and 18???

andyhui01
06-02-2009, 01:17 PM
nope... its 26 and 28. Thats for Auto Driveaway. The entire range has gone up by about 1-2k this year. City is slightly more expensive than the Jazz

Made a mistake with the diff between VTi and VTi-L... VTi-L gets Tilt and Telescopic Adjustment, Premium Cloth and Alloy Wheels. Everything else is the same as far as I can see on the brochure.

HKS
06-02-2009, 01:44 PM
well it is pretty much on par what the media said about the City's pricing

Rudy
06-02-2009, 02:07 PM
nope... its 26 and 28. Thats for Auto Driveaway. The entire range has gone up by about 1-2k this year. City is slightly more expensive than the Jazz

Made a mistake with the diff between VTi and VTi-L... VTi-L gets Tilt and Telescopic Adjustment, Premium Cloth and Alloy Wheels. Everything else is the same as far as I can see on the brochure.

That seems a bit inflated.

Honda site is out.... 23k for auto and 25k for auto vti-L.

http://city.honda.com.au/range-pricing.aspx

So if you are going to get the City, get the VTI and spend the extra on Modulo kit:)

VTi_b0i
06-02-2009, 02:30 PM
the City with all the Modulo kits etc looks fcuking hot! do want!

Nax
06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
no u guys are noobs

driveaway costs have and are always been about 3k

delivery,
rego
stamp

the prices on the site are excluding drive aways and are almost always the prices for manuals

add 2k for auto transmission

and its not civic pricing, civics start at 28 drive away for an auto and go upto around 38

please dont post if u think u know what your talking about, ur just going to confuse people who are after facts

Atjo
06-02-2009, 02:43 PM
3K more for drive-away? That's a rip-off. I always paid less than retail price for drive-away. You just need to bargain hard & deal with the manager directly.

Rudy
06-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Bought honda last year, paid very close to retail price on site. If you pay 3k more, you're getting ripped off.

Rudy
06-02-2009, 02:45 PM
3K more for drive-away? That's a rip-off. I always paid less than retail price for drive-away. You just need to bargain hard & deal with the manager directly.

x 2 !

UNLS1
07-02-2009, 01:03 PM

wrong, civic costs more on road.

JOhnnyFD
08-02-2009, 04:54 PM
just saw the aussie honda CITY commercial.. looks pretty cool... from $20,490

http://city.honda.com.au/see-the-car_videos.aspx

Alpine
08-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Dropped into our local dealer today (while they were closed so no pestering hawker salespeople) and saw a black top of the range City in the metal. Nice alloy wheels, interior seems quite upmarket, outside dimensions appear quite small. Very much like a sedan version of the Jazz in terms of overall size but with a different front end. Will be interesting to see how it sells and how many we will see on the roads eventually.

panda[cRx]
09-02-2009, 01:46 PM
dealers might drop their pants and give u a better price for old models but why would they chop up the price for a car that has been for sale for less than a week?

Nax
09-02-2009, 02:09 PM
alpine i take offence to your ignorant comment

if u walked into that dealership and told the first guy who asked if u needed help that you were fine looking and that you would let him know, he would leave you alone

i hate when people play salespeople out as bad guys, they are their to assist you in getting the info you need to make an educated decision and properly represent both you and the company in negotiations.

we go home at the end of the day, eat food, sleep, and talk to our friend and families like anyone else.

if u werent such a coward u might have been able to actually go inside and look and *shock* drive one too!

and +1 with panda, its a new model, new car, they arent desperate to get rid of them so i wouldnt go in with the mindset of getting 4k off it. cuz there will be someone behind u willing to pay close to rrp to get the first few of them

UNLS1
09-02-2009, 02:57 PM

NO IT IS NOT! 26k is AUTO, the civic atm is aut0 27,700 with free rego.

pls get ur facts correct

Alpine
09-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Calm down Nax, I'm sure you are a very nice honest sincere car salesman but you have no idea about what our local dealer is like and what reputation they have so why should you stick up for them. You know nothing about me, you know nothing about our local dealer, so you have absolutely nothing to say to me. If you don't like what you read on forums then you don't have read it. Just shut up and keep your comments to yourself.

~Sp33~
09-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Do we get the reclining rear seats in Australia?

Also, can someone let me know whether you can special order Japanese parts and accessories and have them factory fitted through your Honda dealership?

Can you purchase Japanese models through the Australian dealerships?

JOhnnyFD
09-02-2009, 08:50 PM
dealerships offer the modulo range haha.. wonder how much and cant wait to see one on the streets

Rudy
10-02-2009, 02:07 AM

Highly doubt it.

Rudy
10-02-2009, 02:08 AM
dealerships offer the modulo range haha.. wonder how much and cant wait to see one on the streets

Modulo been around here for ages.

UNLS1
10-02-2009, 08:14 AM

Also, can someone let me know whether you can special order Japanese parts and accessories and have them factory fitted through your Honda dealership?

NO, we get aus spec models, u want japan models go to japan.

Larkk
10-02-2009, 08:40 AM
So we don't get this model..........

http://www.autoincar.com/2009-honda-city-concept-at-2008-sydney-motor-show/#more-3383

Whytf they previewed this at Sydney motor show...

UNLS1
10-02-2009, 09:13 AM
So we don't get this model..........

http://www.autoincar.com/2009-honda-city-concept-at-2008-sydney-motor-show/#more-3383

Whytf they previewed this at Sydney motor show...

did u read it? it said CONCEPT

FitRS
10-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Chill guys.. lol All this tension...

I think one point is clear though, the direction from HA may be in one way, but it's not necessarily what the enthusiasts on OZH want to see.

fitme
10-02-2009, 10:43 AM

is says 60/40 rear seat..you can fold down(forward) the rear seat, just like the JAzz

UNLS1
10-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Chill guys.. lol All this tension...

I think one point is clear though, the direction from HA may be in one way, but it's not necessarily what the enthusiasts on OZH want to see.

ha are doing the right thing for the aus market, ozhonda make up about .3% of that market.

Larkk
10-02-2009, 03:12 PM
did u read it? it said CONCEPT

Concept>Real? :(

JOhnnyFD
10-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Modulo been around here for ages.

no shiet modulo has been around.. saying that dealerships now offer em for the city range... do u see civic, jazz, euro modulo range offered by honda dealerships??

yellows2k
10-02-2009, 07:09 PM
saw a city today at warringah mall, it was a honda promotional stand, had it next to the new accord and a jazz. looked pretty nice. nothing negative about it really, should be a great "city" car, as teh name suggest, does what it says on the box

Rudy
10-02-2009, 08:57 PM
no shiet modulo has been around.. saying that dealerships now offer em for the city range... do u see civic, jazz, euro modulo range offered by honda dealerships??

City just came out, dunno what you mean by 'now' offering it. Its offered from day 1. And yes modulo is available on other models as the factory body kit... just not called modulo in aus (except for the city).

~Sp33~
10-02-2009, 09:28 PM
NO, we get aus spec models, u want japan models go to japan.

Oh do we? Thanks for pointing that out. That statement is as shortsighted as saying: "You want a Japanese built car? Go to Japan".

:thumbdwn:

While understanding that NZ import laws are lax in comparison to ours, I was told that you could import models directly through dealerships if you didn't find what you wanted at the locally sourced yards.

is says 60/40 rear seat..you can fold down(forward) the rear seat, just like the JAzz

It pictures the rear seat reclining, though states in an overseas model shown. I know they 60/40 split, but do they recline?

JOhnnyFD
10-02-2009, 09:53 PM
City just came out, dunno what you mean by 'now' offering it. Its offered from day 1. And yes modulo is available on other models as the factory body kit... just not called modulo in aus (except for the city).

forget it.. no point

SPQR
10-02-2009, 11:44 PM
ha are doing the right thing for the aus market, ozhonda make up about .3% of that market.

Well said! Earth, here we come!

SPQR
10-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Oh do we? Thanks for pointing that out. That statement is as shortsighted as saying: "You want a Japanese built car? Go to Japan".

:thumbdwn:

The "statement" to which you refer is probably more insightful than you could imagine.

While understanding that NZ import laws are lax in comparison to ours, I was told that you could import models directly through dealerships if you didn't find what you wanted at the locally sourced yards....

I doubt that NZ import laws are lax but rather specifically designed to realistically cater for the tiny car market over there. Ours is not that much bigger by world standards. We get what we get.

~Sp33~
10-02-2009, 11:54 PM
I said they're lax by our standards. Our import laws are strict.

Could you expand on his insightful statement?

FitRS
11-02-2009, 10:48 AM

These laws are there to protect our own local car industry I am lead to believe. Make sure we sell enough Fords and Holdens so that the aussies are employed. Sounds cynical but correct me if I'm wrong.

But that's my opinion based on what others have said, would love to hear it from someone from the industry.

~Sp33~
11-02-2009, 11:19 AM
There's that, and also the fact that our minimum safety requirements often surpass other countries, so safety compliencing on imported models can often make it not worth the while.

SPQR
11-02-2009, 10:53 PM
These laws are there to protect our own local car industry I am lead to believe. Make sure we sell enough Fords and Holdens so that the aussies are employed. Sounds cynical but correct me if I'm wrong.

But that's my opinion based on what others have said, would love to hear it from someone from the industry.

Once up a time, before the "Button Plan", the Oz design rules, the import tariffs, the import parity and quota systems were designed to keep other cars out of Oz but now every man and his dog sells cars in Oz. Even the yanks think they can sell their horrible designs here because there are many young people here and now influenced by US culture. Our tariff rates have slowly come down and are supposed to reduce to 5% (they're at 10% at the moment).

Oz design rules are slowly being brought into line with more common world standards as a result of the free trade process; a cause for which Oz is a champion. Limits on what does come here are now more to do with the value of the Oz dollar or simply a "terms of trade" matter: Oz dollar goes down and so imports get expensive and vice versa.

NZ laws aren't lax even by our standards. They are just designed for the realities of their small market; otherwise no one would bother selling new cars there. They don't miss out on safety equipment or other latest technology.

Insightful in it's simple perception of the market realities for Oz. Honda Australia models have carefully selected equipment levels designed to meet minimum standards, surpass some others that are not too costly and have a small 'wow' factor above market expectation just to ensure the right level of competitiveness for the given market. True in all markets even in Japan where one should go to buy a Japanese model designed for the Japanese market and its idiosyncrasies.

~Sp33~
11-02-2009, 11:25 PM
NZ laws aren't lax even by our standards. They are just designed for the realities of their small market.

Sounds like you just made an excuse as to why it's lax.

Insightful in it's simple perception of the market realities for Oz. Honda Australia models have carefully selected equipment levels designed to meet minimum standards,

Does NZ? NZ relies upon the countries that they import their cars from to see if the car surpasses minimum requirements. Does NZ do independent testing? Has NZ ever denied a car production due to insufficient safety standards? Just because their laws are realistic doesn't mean they're equal to Australia's standards.

True in all markets even in Japan where one should go to buy a Japanese model designed for the Japanese market and it's idiosyncrasies.

I have no idea what message your trying to convey with that sentence.

Garrigues
12-02-2009, 12:11 AM
does the city come with a factory window tint?
hopefully a proper dark tint if it does.

12-02-2009, 02:57 AM
tint is always an option mate..
never come standard lol..

SPQR
12-02-2009, 11:19 PM
The City has arrived in Darwin. It's tiny! Or rather it's a Tardis. It even looks smaller than the Jazz but it's actually bigger. The wheels look undersized and out of proportion to the body. There's heaps of room under the bonnet for a larger engine.

yourfather
12-02-2009, 11:45 PM
i hate when people play salespeople out as bad guys, they are their to assist you in getting the info you need to make an educated decision and properly represent both you and the company in negotiations.

That is bullshit, you know for a fact that most the sales people have less knowledge than us about the cars and that they only care about the dollar.

They don't give a shit about the fact you are there except for the dollars you bring.

They don't represent the buyer at all, they only exist to line the dealers back pocket, and the dealers exist to distribute the vehicles the manufacturer produces.

Look at some of the stupid shit that some 'dealer' staff (not panda) from around Australia say in this thread.

yourfather
12-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Once up a time, before the "Button Plan", the Oz design rules, the import tariffs, the import parity and quota systems were designed to keep other cars out of Oz but now every man and his dog sells cars in Oz. Even the yanks think they can sell their horrible designs here because there are many young people here and now influenced by US culture. Our tariff rates have slowly come down and are supposed to reduce to 5% (they're at 10% at the moment).

Oz design rules are slowly being brought into line with more common world standards as a result of the free trade process; a cause for which Oz is a champion. Limits on what does come here are now more to do with the value of the Oz dollar or simply a "terms of trade" matter: Oz dollar goes down and so imports get expensive and vice versa.

NZ laws aren't lax even by our standards. They are just designed for the realities of their small market; otherwise no one would bother selling new cars there. They don't miss out on safety equipment or other latest technology.

Insightful in it's simple perception of the market realities for Oz. Honda Australia models have carefully selected equipment levels designed to meet minimum standards, surpass some others that are not too costly and have a small 'wow' factor above market expectation just to ensure the right level of competitiveness for the given market. True in all markets even in Japan where one should go to buy a Japanese model designed for the Japanese market and its idiosyncrasies.

wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank

bet you were a marketing major

Atjo
13-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I think City Type-Z looks much better, feels like a "sedan".

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/citymania2/bansaan28042550/004.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/citymania2/bansaan28042550/005.jpg

INVSBL
13-02-2009, 03:45 PM
looks like an ek series sedan just shorter.

looks preety good though, minus the wing.

SPQR
14-02-2009, 01:43 AM
wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank

bet you were a marketing major

My post was reasoned. Either you are masturbating over what I posted (pandering to yourself) or you are being gratuitously offensive. I never got to be a marketing major: Only a Sergeant Major; but that was before seven years of university study.

yourfather
14-02-2009, 09:55 AM
My post was reasoned. Either you are masturbating over what I posted (pandering to yourself) or you are being gratuitously offensive. I never got to be a marketing major: Only a Sergeant Major; but that was before seven years of university study.

Well, Sergeant Major, I'd expect less waffle and more of the truth.

Firstly, we all masturbate, but i'd hardly call your words 'inspiration' or motivation.

Honda Australia models have carefully selected equipment levels designed to meet minimum standards, surpass some others that are not too costly and have a small 'wow' factor above market expectation just to ensure the right level of competitiveness for the given market.

True in all markets even in Japan where one should go to buy a Japanese model designed for the Japanese market and its idiosyncrasies.

Let me translate this for you,

Honda Australia chooses the lowest equipment levels possible to 'differentiate' the product from other offerings on the market, not because the Australian consumer wants it, but because they try to maximise the margin on each vehicle.

When it comes down to the point of whether Japanese consumers have differing tastes, I'd say that the FD2R that exists in Japan would be better received by enthusiasts here rather than the FN2R hatchback no LSD live axle version.

But, Honda Australia have a history of disregarding the consumer, or thinking that their knowledge is superior to Australian buyers.

Many examples or cars not getting Brembo Brakes, or limited slip differentials,

K20A motors and B series motors being detuned for "petrol quality reasons"

Type-R cars that are sold without the signature Championship White what was part of the EK9, DC2R and DC5R legacy. The FD2R does have Championship White, I guess the FD2R doesn't suit Australian tastes because it's a real type r.

No, I think the reality is that Honda Australia and the dealers don't bend over backwards to accommodate the Australian consumer. We're a small market, we move fewer cars.

But to say that Honda Australia has our interests at heart or they're trying to differentiate the product to make it 'excel' in this marketplace, we all know it's about profit maximisation. They need to make a profit, and they try to get away with as much as possible without the consumer knowing. That's the way companies operate. And I blame Honda Australia for that, the best thing to back this argument up is the fact that 5-10 years ago, every honda vehicle was sourced straight from Japan.

Now because of FTA's, labor costs and other factors, Honda vehicles in Australia primarily come from Thailand.

The Honda products that roll out of Thailand, for example, the Jazz (Fit) etc etc, they won't have 4WD like the Japan factories, they won't have the moon roof like the Japan versions do.

It's not an exercise in tailoring the product to the Australian market. Just like sales people aren't really intermediarys for buyers and sellers.

If the dollar signs arent there, they don't bother

Now, Thailand has become the crucial supplier to Australia.

Garrigues
14-02-2009, 10:33 AM
what do you think is a realistic price for a Vti manual drive away?

chunky
14-02-2009, 10:42 AM
holy shieeee
thats hawttttttt

can someone explain to me wtf AUX connections are?
is it like 3.5mm jack?

INVSBL
14-02-2009, 04:18 PM
ok um, i took one for a drive today, and guees wat, it feel exactly the same as my 03 jazz
just smother over bumps, but u can feel the auto box working away
o and also, anything above 3000rpm, the thing starts screaming, and it isnt the good 'vtec yo' screaming its the 'stop reving me i dont like to rev' type scream.

the boot is friggen huge though, and the modulo kit looks decent, the 16" rims look great aswell, if they were reasonably priced wouldnt mind a set for myself.

um yeah i think there is more, o yeah its got ipod interface shiz, like usb and an aux port, along with a mp3 cd headunit thingy even in the basic version which is cool.

i got price list here on the road but yeah, cbf typing all that crapola up.

~Sp33~
14-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I think City Type-Z looks much better, feels like a "sedan".

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/citymania2/bansaan28042550/004.jpg

That's a Honda Domani. What country was it marketed as a City?

INVSBL
14-02-2009, 04:28 PM
numberplate looks like its arabic, i think.

btw chunky aux is like a headphone port, but instead of sending music out it recieves it.

eg. u hav a mp3 player, so u get a cord with the headphone style plugs on both sides, u plug one into ur player and the other into ur headunit or wateva. thus allowing u to play music thru ur car audio.

yourfather
14-02-2009, 05:25 PM
its thai, for the untrained noobs out there

chunky
14-02-2009, 05:41 PM
numberplate looks like its arabic, i think.

btw chunky aux is like a headphone port, but instead of sending music out it recieves it.

eg. u hav a mp3 player, so u get a cord with the headphone style plugs on both sides, u plug one into ur player and the other into ur headunit or wateva. thus allowing u to play music thru ur car audio.

oohhh
thanks man :thumbsup:

INVSBL
14-02-2009, 06:44 PM
its thai, for the untrained noobs out there

so mang, wat training should i enroll in to leave noob status????

:p

and no prob chunky

yourfather
14-02-2009, 10:25 PM
just keep your eyes open and dont talk shit and you'll get there :)

SPQR
14-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Well, Sergeant Major, I'd expect less waffle and more of the truth.

I didn't lie.

Firstly, we all masturbate, but i'd hardly call your words 'inspiration' or motivation.

I was referring to someone else's words as insightful. You were masturbating over my post. I wasn't giving a pep talk.

Waffle..........

Let me translate this for you,

Honda Australia chooses the lowest equipment levels possible to 'differentiate' the product from other offerings on the market, not because the Australian consumer wants it, but because they try to maximise the margin on each vehicle.

When it comes down to the point of whether Japanese consumers have differing tastes, I'd say that the FD2R that exists in Japan would be better received by enthusiasts here rather than the FN2R hatchback no LSD live axle version.

But, Honda Australia have a history of disregarding the consumer, or thinking that their knowledge is superior to Australian buyers.

Many examples or cars not getting Brembo Brakes, or limited slip differentials,

K20A motors and B series motors being detuned for "petrol quality reasons"

Type-R cars that are sold without the signature Championship White what was part of the EK9, DC2R and DC5R legacy. The FD2R does have Championship White, I guess the FD2R doesn't suit Australian tastes because it's a real type r.

Bingo.......

No, I think the reality is that Honda Australia and the dealers don't bend over backwards to accommodate the Australian consumer. We're a small market, we move fewer cars.

Waffle......

But to say that Honda Australia has our interests at heart or they're trying to differentiate the product to make it 'excel' in this marketplace, we all know it's about profit maximisation. They need to make a profit, and they try to get away with as much as possible without the consumer knowing. That's the way companies operate. And I blame Honda Australia for that, the best thing to back this argument up is the fact that 5-10 years ago, every honda vehicle was sourced straight from Japan.

Now because of FTA's, labor costs and other factors, Honda vehicles in Australia primarily come from Thailand.

The Honda products that roll out of Thailand, for example, the Jazz (Fit) etc etc, they won't have 4WD like the Japan factories, they won't have the moon roof like the Japan versions do.

It's not an exercise in tailoring the product to the Australian market. Just like sales people aren't really intermediarys for buyers and sellers.

If the dollar signs arent there, they don't bother

Now, Thailand has become the crucial supplier to Australia.

yourfather
15-02-2009, 12:00 AM
listen man, i speak the truth, i just don't sugar coat it

SPQR
15-02-2009, 12:05 AM
listen man, i speak the truth, i just don't sugar coat it

We're actually in agreement. You haven't worked it out yet.

yourfather
15-02-2009, 12:07 AM
.... ugh... my issue wasn't with what you said, brother, it was the way you said it.

forgive...

SPQR
15-02-2009, 12:28 AM
^^Ego te absolvo in nomine pax.

What's with the verse from the song?

Equo ne credite, Teucri! Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos etiam dona ferentes.

HKS
16-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Has anyone bought one of these cars yet? or seen one on the road

chunky
16-02-2009, 07:56 PM
ive seen the tv commerical

~Sp33~
17-02-2009, 12:40 AM
I can't wait to see them around.

fitme
17-02-2009, 01:10 PM

this is the 1st gen (mmc) Honda City(Type Z) body code "SX8", only asian country got this model, the 2nd gen was the GD series..GD5 and GD6 i think.. the current City is the 3rd gen with a body code GM

~Sp33~
17-02-2009, 10:32 PM
I went and checked them out today at the dealership.

Not a bad looking car, the modulo kit looks heaps better IRL. The grille on the regular model looks far better in pictures though. Heaps of room, dash looks ok, doors look really cheap, though i'd consider buying one for sure.

Oh and i think someone mentioned earlier, there is HUGE amounts of space in the engine compartment. As the sales guy said "You could fit a 2.0L engine in there" Haha.

UNLS1
18-02-2009, 08:42 AM
we have the modulo on our showroom floor.
looks great, but not for me!

panda[cRx]
18-02-2009, 04:01 PM
the best thing to back this argument up is the fact that 5-10 years ago, every honda vehicle was sourced straight from Japan.

fact?

sorry lukey but the 98 accords were made in the good ol US of A

the 99-00 accords were produced in thailand too

this is the 1st gen (mmc) Honda City(Type Z) body code "SX8", only asian country got this model, the 2nd gen was the GD series..GD5 and GD6 i think.. the current City is the 3rd gen with a body code GM

that's not a first gen city, it's a third gen :wave:

it was based on the EJ civic and only sold in SE asia

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/Honda_City_third_gen.jpg/800px-Honda_City_third_gen.jpg

this is a first gen city (1981)
http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1981city/img/index_top.jpg

yourfather
18-02-2009, 04:43 PM
;2130047']fact?

sorry lukey but the 98 accords were made in the good ol US of A

the 99-00 accords were produced in thailand too

Sorry, redbook told me differently for the 98 it says Japan, but 99-00 are from thailand.

http://redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=71313&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_ClassificationType_String| 0||p_Family_String|0||p_Year_String|1||p_SequenceN um_Int32|0&silo=1300&__N=2994%202952%204294956040%204294843459%20429496 5271&seot=0&acv=oW_bze_wjLs.&__Nne=15&trecs=8&__sid=11F8A790E3B5

But still doesnt change the fact - production was moved to thailand to cut costs

FitRS
18-02-2009, 10:03 PM
;2130047']
this is a first gen city (1981)
City/FIT
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103663

INVSBL
18-02-2009, 10:06 PM

K24 swap any1???

fitme
18-02-2009, 10:13 PM
http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/3GCityFirst/gen.jpg
they didnt include the CITY II (Turbo) 81'

afaik the current city(GM2) is the 3rd generation..

1st gen aka "SX8"
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f133/SONNICK_SX8/DSC_0214.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/adrenalin23/bryanneamp2.jpg

1st gen (MMC) facelifted Type Z
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r16/initial_d_photo/IMG_0876-1-1.jpg

2nd gen
http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/VTECCityPrev/main.jpg

2nd gen aka City ZX (MMC) facelifted side by side with the New City
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/rajlesta/all%20new%20city/STH72001.jpg
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/rajlesta/all%20new%20city/STH72002.jpg[/img]

~Sp33~
18-02-2009, 10:18 PM

K24 swap any1???

The engine and transmission would probably be wider then the cars track width, haha.

UNLS1
19-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Sorry, redbook told me differently for the 98 it says Japan, but 99-00 are from thailand.

http://redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=71313&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_ClassificationType_String| 0||p_Family_String|0||p_Year_String|1||p_SequenceN um_Int32|0&silo=1300&__N=2994%202952%204294956040%204294843459%20429496 5271&seot=0&acv=oW_bze_wjLs.&__Nne=15&trecs=8&__sid=11F8A790E3B5

But still doesnt change the fact - production was moved to thailand to cut costs

ever herd of the free trade agreement????

FitRS
19-02-2009, 10:07 AM
The City looks alot like the previous Accord Euro.

panda[cRx]
19-02-2009, 12:14 PM

http://redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=71313&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_ClassificationType_String| 0||p_Family_String|0||p_Year_String|1||p_SequenceN um_Int32|0&silo=1300&__N=2994%202952%204294956040%204294843459%20429496 5271&seot=0&acv=oW_bze_wjLs.&__Nne=15&trecs=8&__sid=11F8A790E3B5 (http://redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=71313&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=p_Make_String%7C0%7C%7Cp_ClassificationType_S tring%7C0%7C%7Cp_Family_String%7C0%7C%7Cp_Year_Str ing%7C1%7C%7Cp_SequenceNum_Int32%7C0&silo=1300&__N=2994%202952%204294956040%204294843459%20429496 5271&seot=0&acv=oW_bze_wjLs.&__Nne=15&trecs=8&__sid=11F8A790E3B5)

lol

VIN Number1HGCG1640WA600027 Country of originJAPAN

if it was made in japan the vin prefix would be JHMCG1 ;)

http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/3GCityFirst/gen.jpg
they didnt include the CITY II (Turbo) 81'

afaik the current city(GM2) is the 3rd generation..

wrong again? that chart must only refer to models released in whatever SE asia or whatever country that is from

the second generation city GA1 + GA2 was produced 86-94

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/09/Honda_City_1988.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_City

you can also refer to the links to old school hondas on the honda worldwide website

EK1.6LCIV
19-02-2009, 03:49 PM
my gf had that model of city the silver one lol

absolute shit fight to fix and get parts for, celebrated when it got written off lol

EK1.6LCIV
19-02-2009, 03:51 PM
also thai factories punching out panels do the exact same job as the jap ones, plus faster shipping, which means parts are getting cheaper, which is good for the general public

did take Honda 2yrs to get the stardards up to par with Jap, but now I can see in the coming yrs bugger all coming from Japan in terms of body work from Honda Co....

Garrigues
20-02-2009, 10:02 PM
can someone explain to me how the fuel lid works?

i understand it is locked when the engine is off but what about when you are stopping at a traffic like, or just idling?

thanks

UNLS1
21-02-2009, 08:17 AM
can someone explain to me how the fuel lid works?

i understand it is locked when the engine is off but what about when you are stopping at a traffic like, or just idling?

thanks

its open, when u open the car u can open it, when u lock the car u can lock it. It runs through the central locking system. nothing to do with engine being on or off.

Alpine
21-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Modulo City in all its glory

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4333/pic004smalluh4.jpg

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1382/pic005smallkw4.jpg

panda[cRx]
21-02-2009, 02:31 PM
it looks better in the flesh. i'll take some pics when i can be bothered

4thGenExi
21-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Saw a Modulo spec in the showroom at Southside Honda (Brisbane) earlier this morning, they're much bigger than they look in pictures. Back seat looks quite cramped though....

~Sp33~
21-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Saw a Modulo spec in the showroom at Southside Honda (Brisbane) earlier this morning, they're much bigger than they look in pictures. Back seat looks quite cramped though....

That's the same dealership i went to to see it. The rear seats are really spacious, especially leg room.

SPQR
22-02-2009, 07:59 PM
That's the same dealership i went to to see it. The rear seats are really spacious, especially leg room.

More leg space than a Euro! But the roof is too low. I had to bend my neck to fit.

~Sp33~
22-02-2009, 08:18 PM
How tall are you man?! I'm 5"11 and fit ok.

Tsuska
23-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Collins Rockdale Honda

(without bargaining or anything...actually i went on a saturday and all the sales people except the manager was too busy to talk to me for a preferred introductory length)

City VTI (Auto)
$26.5k drive away

City VTI-L (Auto)
$28, 600 drive away

Compared with Civic VTI (auto)
$28.6k drive away

Also quoted from Rosebury honda...except BOTH salemen that I talked to were really rude.

They quoted:

City VTI - $26,463
VTI-L - $29, 038

Civic VTI - $28,831

As mentioned b4 VTI-L has tilt+telescopic steering wheel adjustments, alloy wheels, premium cloth seats (apparently thicker...???) and a bunch of gimmics, including chrome door handles, aluminium interior linings of some sort, Chrome exhaust, Fog Lights (ok its useful in hazardous environments but i still rekon it's a gimmick).

Think it's worth it to get VTI-L above VTI?

I know the City is usually compared with the Jazz but I dun like the look for the Jazz. Actually i'm kinda sick of hatchbacks...lol (prefering the look of sedans more although some hatchbacks look hot =P)

I'm sorta comparing it with the somewhat more superior and well-known Civic. Honeslty, i like the exterioir look of City more than the civic. Interioir, civic looks nicer. More importantly, mechanically the civic has a 1.8L engine while the city only has a 1.5L (then again the civic is bigger). Also the City atm lacks stability and traction control (i think) while the civic has them...dunno how important this is though.

I'm planning to also check out the Honda @ Sutherland but haven't had time to do that yet.

Oh btw, i'm about 5 11'' and there's plenty of leg room and head room for me in the city. HOWEVER i have not test driven the car yet, just sat in it and stuff. Planning to test drive when i have time.

Oh yea, i'm also a young male =P looking for a small, somewhat more manly car which i can afford but more importantly has a good resell value after 5 yrs and is RELIABLE + efficient above everything else.

Cheers

SPQR
24-02-2009, 12:14 AM

5' 11.75" cubed!

Tofu
26-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Anyone notice how the City VTi manual and the City VTi-L manual prices are very close...?

Tsuska
02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Would like to say I've ordered a Honda CIty VTi-L for $26.5k drive away with foot mats.

Kinda still feel i got ripped off a bit but...owell

HKS
02-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Would like to say I've ordered a Honda CIty VTi-L for $26.5k drive away with foot mats.

Ahh don't feel bad :), I was going to buy it the day it came out, but unfortunately I didnt have the money to do it :(

So what colour did u get it in?

FitRS
02-03-2009, 08:44 PM

Considering the advertised drive away price for a VTi-L is 29K, your price is pretty good.

UNLS1
03-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Considering the advertised drive away price for a VTi-L is 29K, your price is pretty good.

hello, this will be a manual!

Tsuska
03-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Ahh don't feel bad :), I was going to buy it the day it came out, but unfortunately I didnt have the money to do it :(

So what colour did u get it in?

Oh yea forgot to tell you the colour. I got white. Took me a while to consider the colour...liked the red as it was advertised although i thought the red looked a bit too orangy (almost close to a rusty colour). Blue...never really liked blue that much unfortunately. Black gets dirty very easily and when i think of black cars i usually think of larger cars. Silver is nice but waaaay too common (although white is quite common too, especially with all the taxi's being white).

hello, this will be a manual!

Hmm...dunno if you were talking to me or not...but I got an automatic. Dunno how to drive manual and I guess since i'm around the city a lot, probably a bit tedious to drive manual(?).

Tofu
05-03-2009, 10:56 PM
that's a great price Tsuska!
congratz on the purchase!
i got quoted $28k for VTi-L auto with no optional extras...:(

4thGenExi
08-03-2009, 08:38 AM

6ft 2

I didn't actually sit in the back seat, because I was only really looking out of interest and didnt have intentions of buying. But to me they have designed the car to be long at the front, short at the back. No such problems with leg, shoulder or head room in the drivers seat. Same with my GD3 Jazz for that matter :)

All in all, City is a great looking car. Just not ready to part with the Jazz yet...

LonePhantom
12-03-2009, 06:51 AM
I took the manual VTi-L for a drive on the weekend. Very nice car to drive. Lots of room too. I've got a little fella who is still in a baby capsule and it fit easily behind both front seats for me (I'm 6" 1), and the boot is perfect for the family, heaps of room.

The one thing I noticed is a lack of temperature gauge. that sort of concerned me, because how are you supposed to monitor when your car is warmed up, or if it is overheating? I found it a very strange thing to be missing. Does the City have some sort of system that notifies you of overheating (other than the steam coming from the bonnet)?

andyhui01
12-03-2009, 07:38 AM
The one thing I noticed is a lack of temperature gauge. that sort of concerned me, because how are you supposed to monitor when your car is warmed up, or if it is overheating? I found it a very strange thing to be missing. Does the City have some sort of system that notifies you of overheating (other than the steam coming from the bonnet)?

Like the Jazz... I believe it was a Warning light in Blue to let you know that the car isn't warmed up yet and a Red Warning light to let you know the car is overheating.

LonePhantom
12-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Interesting, thanks for that. :) Do you know of any literature on the net regarding this? I'm curious about what point the red warning light comes on.

Garrigues
16-03-2009, 06:17 PM
so since this car's head unit has USB/Ipod connectivity does that mean i can simply plug and play my seagate freeagent go (2.5inch/250) portable HDD? the head unit will be able to power my HSS and read my folders and music?

or am i going to have to stick with USB sticks?

game_accord
16-03-2009, 11:32 PM
manage to get a friend a black VTI-L honda city manual with floor mats, tinted windows and paint protection for $25.5 k if anyone wants to use the price as a guide.

LonePhantom
17-03-2009, 01:34 PM
That's a pretty reasonable price for such a new car. I'd hope to get a similiar or of course cheaper one.

So does anyone have one yet? I'm wondering if anyone has piled 5 adults in it, and how tight a fit it was.

so since this car's head unit has USB/Ipod connectivity does that mean i can simply plug and play my seagate freeagent go (2.5inch/250) portable HDD? the head unit will be able to power my HSS and read my folders and music?

Hmmm would be pretty cool if the City's sound system could handle that.

clairegirl
22-03-2009, 06:37 AM
I just bought the Honda City VTI-L!! in black! yay :) $27600 drive away, mats and black/white lic plates.

I thought it was a good price but obviously not lol (since some of you have got it for 26500 for a VTI-L eeek thats a good price!)

edit* i got auto

AznEmpress
23-03-2009, 10:06 AM

Tried using my HD in the VTi version on the weekend, didn't register/read. I'm hoping that my VTi-L will be able to read it... but somehow I find this doubtful... The old version of the iPod also doesn't register on the system.

clairegirl
23-03-2009, 11:41 AM
how much did u get ur VTI-L aznprincess?

~Sp33~
23-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Tried using my HD in the VTi version on the weekend, didn't register/read. I'm hoping that my VTi-L will be able to read it... but somehow I find this doubtful... The old version of the iPod also doesn't register on the system.

I don't think there'll be a difference. :(

Judge_City
27-03-2009, 09:04 AM

Hey man, thats a real good price!. Were the mats the only extra's you got? or did u get anything else? Thanks.

clairegirl
29-03-2009, 07:22 AM
Here are some pics of my car finally!! :)

Oh and some pictures of my new dog too haha i can't be bothered separating them

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2040494&id=211601262&l=92fcfc2f50

FitRS
29-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Here are some pics of my car finally!! :)

Oh and some pictures of my new dog too haha i can't be bothered separating them

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2040494&id=211601262&l=92fcfc2f50

cute dawg & great looking car...both black!

Judge_City
13-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Just thought I'd warn my other fellow City owners of the costs associated with the Tyre type of the Honda City - Bridgestone Turanza E370 (185/55R16 83H).
This bloody tyre costs 200 bux!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
And there are NO alternatives in the market either!!!... :eek::eek::eek:
What i initially thought was a 25 dollar patchable puncture, turned to be a $200 dent in my pocket!!!.
HAPPY DRIVING and avoid those blooody nails!!!

13-07-2009, 01:14 AM
ouch i feel ur pain..

did you get them through honda dealer ship?

~Sp33~
13-07-2009, 11:09 AM
There isn't any other 185/55R16 on the market at the moment?

rambohung
18-07-2009, 01:43 PM
;2131390']lol

if it was made in japan the vin prefix would be JHMCG1 ;)

wrong again? that chart must only refer to models released in whatever SE asia or whatever country that is from

the second generation city GA1 + GA2 was produced 86-94

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/09/Honda_City_1988.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_City

you can also refer to the links to old school hondas on the honda worldwide website

Where did you find that picture! I've got that old city back in NZ. Great little car drive like a Go-Kart! (have breaks & tyres like a go-Kart that can hardly stop lol) I love it! Wish I can bring it here & mod it & make it a track "Kart"

rambohung
18-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Had a new CITY as a loan car. It feels like it corner better than Jazz, may be because it's got 185 tyres. And may be because of that, plus a little bit more weight, it feels lack of power compare to Jazz.

What happen to the inside orange dials? It really makes it looks like a toy.

Looking at the engine bay, the engine looks so lonely, it can do with a bigger engine for better performance, or it can fit a hybrid system for better fuel econ.

Overall is a good little car, but I still perfer a little Jazz. Just my 2 cents

19-07-2009, 04:03 PM
k20 transplant in that woupld be great lol

silvabullit
16-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Well mine is currently sitting in a panel shop awaiting repairs due to some silly girl not watching what she was doing and running up the bum of my wife on the way to work on wednesday. bumper, RHR quarter and chassis rail, tail light all need repair. Crazily enough the bootlid doesn't have a mark on it!!

Once I get it back I have door sill garnishes, sports pedals,DC2 Type R gear knob and bluetooth kit to fit. So insurance says a week so once I have done all my fiddling I will endeavour to get some pics up.

timster1200
21-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi guys,

Well i am now the proud owner of a black manual 09 city vti, we have not got it yet, just waiting for it to be delivered. The total cost cost was 23250, this included darkest legal tint, rubber floor mats, mud flaps, and rear parking sensors, and full tank of petrol.

So all in all, i think not a bad price, what you guys think.

28-08-2009, 02:49 AM
My bro pick up his CITY for 29800 drive with these deals

VTI-S
Manual
Alabaster Silver
MODULO Front Add-on
MODULO Side skirt
MODULO Rear Add-on
MODULO Duck tail (wing)
Paint protections
Interiors Protections *cloth, leather, plastic ( i have no idea.. LOL)
Darkest legal Tints
Sports Pedal
Comprehensive insurance
1 year rego
Rear Parking Sensor
HOnda City Tailored Mats
Full tank of fuel
Key Chains
2009 Maps
ASIMO Plush Toy
Honda City Sellers Manual (give you info a bit more details about the car then the brochures )

thats .. what it comes out from the show rooms.. 2 months ago..

NOW @ Current State
2300 km
Carbon steering inserts
Side Step Garnish (aluminum F/R)
Mugen 'style' window visors
LED interior light
dirt and dust...

i think .. with vti for 23 k is quiet good ;) Congratulations! with the CITY!!

menace
05-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Just read the Autospeed review on the City... They didn't like it all, especially the rrp.

~Sp33~
06-09-2009, 12:06 AM
For the cash, you could get something with a lot more kit. Nothing in that price range really is very advertising though.

I'd prefer to save a bit harder and buy a Civic.

FitRS
12-09-2009, 09:32 AM
My bro pick up his CITY for 29800 drive with these deals

VTI-S
Manual
Alabaster Silver
MODULO Front Add-on
MODULO Side skirt
MODULO Rear Add-on
MODULO Duck tail (wing)
Paint protections
Interiors Protections *cloth, leather, plastic ( i have no idea.. LOL)
Darkest legal Tints
Sports Pedal
Comprehensive insurance
1 year rego
Rear Parking Sensor
HOnda City Tailored Mats
Full tank of fuel
Key Chains
2009 Maps
ASIMO Plush Toy
Honda City Sellers Manual (give you info a bit more details about the car then the brochures )

thats .. what it comes out from the show rooms.. 2 months ago..

NOW @ Current State
2300 km
Carbon steering inserts
Side Step Garnish (aluminum F/R)
Mugen 'style' window visors
LED interior light
dirt and dust...

i think .. with vti for 23 k is quiet good ;) Congratulations! with the CITY!!
need pix bro! :)

16-09-2009, 04:33 PM
haha i try to get some.. weather in perth is sux man..

pochi
17-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Bought an Auto VTi in Black with Floor Mats, Windows Tint and Driveaway for $21,700, although its an ex-Demo car at 5000km.
Thats a fair price right?....:confused:

Anyways, just wondering why the Australian City does not have the indicators on the side mirrors...whereas i think Malay or Thai models do.
Can we pay a little extra to get them done?

Thanks!

Nickykeeng
18-12-2009, 02:30 PM
the price for honda city is 20490 now with free stamp duty, rego etc...
i bargained it down to 19800 and then added on the tinting (scammed - 500 bucks >: O ), paint etc, so eventually it's basically just under 21K.
Manual VTi Black, still waiting for it to come in. i need a set of alloys for it lol.
how much are the stock alloys?

~Sp33~
18-12-2009, 04:38 PM
These things aren't exactly rocketing off of the dealers lots, so expect to have a decent amount of bargaining power under your belt if you're looking to buy one.

curtis265
18-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Not a fan of citys....

Nicky Keeng, that's a decent deal, but you probably could have tried for more accessories - i managed to get floor mats, cargo protector, tints and visors for the FD.

Nickykeeng
19-12-2009, 12:00 PM
damn i tried getting floor mats but all i got was extended warranty to 5 years instead of 3 and the full tank of gas

Ashwee
19-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Do any of you other city owners here have an issue with the passenger side air vent on the dash popping out?

curtis265
19-12-2009, 03:53 PM
damn i tried getting floor mats but all i got was extended warranty to 5 years instead of 3 and the full tank of gas

Lol dude, extended warranty means u can't mod it hahaha

Atjo
20-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Yes you can as long as the mods are not the cause of the warranty claim.

Nickykeeng
20-12-2009, 11:15 PM
so far i know you cant do:

Engine mods, muffler/exhaust, gear stick knob...

what else?

curtis265
24-12-2009, 12:35 PM

what else?

They can think of anything to deny your claim (they can't legally void it)

Rims will make your CD player f*ck up "ride's too bumpy"
Lowering the car will put added stress in various bits of your steering
Short shifter - obvious nono
Body kits shuoldn't screw warranty

Any I/H/E will screw warranty for sure. "engine's not designed to be less restricted"

Anything electrical will kill warranty, unless it goes through the ciggy lighter, or you install a fuse tap.

Installing audio (amps, subs, changing the HU) will cause more current draw which could flatten the battery or making ur alternator work overtime -

Don't change bulbs - could draw too much or too little current.

so basically, they can find a reason for anything.

-However!-
If your engine block cracks, and you have instane ICE installed, that has nothing to do with your engine - it's impossible to prove that the ICE did sometihng to your engine block.

If your rear shock absobers make a clicking and popping sound when you turn, and you have a fart can installed - it's impossible to prove that the exhaust system did sometihng to your rear shocks.

If your steering rack fails and you have a CAI. - that can't be proven either.

Just stay logical and be prepared for consequences should things go wrong, and keep all your stock parts just in case you need to put things back for warranty claims :)

oh, and be careful too - most dealers are not stupid, and it's very offensive to them if you try to hide things like that.

edit: wtf is a gear shift knob going to do to your car? make you mis-shift? and blow your engine? lololol

rep plx? :D

Atjo
24-12-2009, 02:40 PM
I claimed warranty 3 times for my master cylinder on my euro & they never deny it even though i had a lot of stuff on my car.

curtis265
24-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I claimed warranty 3 times for my master cylinder on my euro & they never deny it even though i had a lot of stuff on my car.

yeh but did you ahve an aftermarket clutch, flywheel or gearbox? i doubt it.

kongfu
24-12-2009, 07:48 PM

what else?

you can do exhaust, what warranty means anything happened to your exhaust it will not be covered.

better stay away with engine mod

Nickykeeng
25-12-2009, 04:04 PM
i think 16" rims will look ok maybe 17"

i wonder how much these cost : http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=2046

these ones look good too haha

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=1746

curtis265
25-12-2009, 04:24 PM
You have good taste. Problem is though, when you get rims, it makes your car look like it's been raised.

second rim looks like a CR Kai knockoff

Nickykeeng
25-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Problem is though, when you get rims, it makes your car look like it's been raised.

it shouldn't be that much right? haha.

i swear driving a lowered car must be scary when it comes to pavements and sidewalks :X

curtis265
25-12-2009, 04:54 PM
well, u only ever see nice rims in combo with suspension to look 'right' (probs 1-2" drop). If you put nice rims and don't lower, it'll look like u been jacked 1-2".

We used to have a N16 pulsar that we bought from my cousin. scrape, scrape, scrape lol. you get used to it though, and just gotta be careful i guess. (i.e. slowing down a lot for speed humps).

The FD civic i drive already hits kerbs if i don't go ultra slow trying to mount......

Nickykeeng
25-12-2009, 05:09 PM
well, u only ever see nice rims in combo with suspension to look 'right' (probs 1-2" drop). If you put nice rims and don't lower, it'll look like u been jacked 1-2".

We used to have a N16 pulsar that we bought from my cousin. scrape, scrape, scrape lol. you get used to it though, and just gotta be careful i guess. (i.e. slowing down a lot for speed humps).

The FD civic i drive already hits kerbs if i don't go ultra slow trying to mount......

hahaha to be safe better go for 16" then :D

curtis265
25-12-2009, 06:09 PM
nicky, do u have a pic of your car? i can try photoshop the wheels a bit bigger so u can see how they look like.

Nickykeeng
25-12-2009, 06:21 PM
i do but no real side view :o
ripped a few from fb
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs133.snc3/18055_254516107424_628927424_4239864_2530294_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs153.snc3/18055_254516147424_628927424_4239869_5400833_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs133.snc3/18055_254516132424_628927424_4239867_3531281_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs133.snc3/18055_254516182424_628927424_4239873_4403197_n.jpg

curtis265
25-12-2009, 06:29 PM
hey i've seen that FD before!...

Nickykeeng
25-12-2009, 06:39 PM
hahaha thought u would've LOL

the steelies are 15"

curtis265
25-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Black looks good, just make sure u maintain it - it'll be covered in rockchips in no time :(

Here's what i did. (the wheels are really badly cut out..)

16"
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/roflcurtis/16.jpg

17"
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/roflcurtis/17.jpg

18"
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/roflcurtis/18.jpg

Nickykeeng
25-12-2009, 06:45 PM
rockchips :O NOOO hahaha its already hell dusty already :( guess ill be spraying it down before i go to parties hahah.

the 18" makes it look "tank" but around that area the rims are all hell exp

curtis265
25-12-2009, 06:51 PM
lol get rotas ahhaha.

The dust is an absolute bitch. Black cars can look very striking but u'll probs need to wash every week and wax every second.

Nickykeeng
25-12-2009, 06:53 PM
dust + rain is a horror story :'(

WA-EG
28-12-2009, 05:28 PM
My other half has a City VTI-L. we are stoked with the car. Got a great deal too. $24k on road with 12 months rego, honda floor mats, darkest legal tint. Had to pay $300 for paint protection but figured we were already ahead.

Have found it to be a fantastic car. We are getting roughly 6 L/100km round town and have taken it on a 1800km road trip and averaged 5.4L/100km.

Can definitely recommend the City. Negotiate a good price though.

curtis265
28-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Why city over civic?

WA-EG
28-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Couple of reasons. Got top spec city for good price.
Fuel economy on the city is awesome. Plus the other half, (forgive her), liked the look of the city more. Plus the size of the city was perfect. We wanted smaller car, even though still has plenty of room.

I'm 6'3" and fit easy in back seat.

Nickykeeng
28-12-2009, 11:47 PM
i got a city cos every1 has a civic already :S and u defo dont see many city's around unlike jazz

aero
29-12-2009, 11:41 PM
that's true.. not many city's around compared to a jazz or civic. havnt seen any modified ones on the street here in bris tho. looking forward to seeing a nice clean one.

btw, curtis, u should have photoshopped a lil bit of a drop to go with those 18s :p

curtis265
30-12-2009, 10:16 AM
My point was that if u put 18's without drop, it looks like it's been raised.

Nickykeeng
30-12-2009, 10:26 AM
wouldnt 18 be too big already

curtis265
30-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Big wheels is ok if u
a) choose the right rim design
b) Make them fit right - flush with the fender or tucked in slightly

Nickykeeng
12-01-2010, 09:52 PM
i found out legal rims are +2" max from ur stock rims

WA-EG
13-01-2010, 09:33 AM
i found out legal rims are +2" max from ur stock rims

not quite true. i believe it has something to do with rolling diameter of the new rim and tyre combo. has to be damn close to stock otherwise things like speedo can be out.

I have a old school mini with 13" rims on it. stock rims were 10". pits in perth had no dramas with it.

With the city means you could go to an 18" rim. With practically a lacky band tyre.

rambohung
23-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Where did you find that picture! I've got that old city back in NZ. Great little car drive like a Go-Kart! (have breaks & tyres like a go-Kart that can hardly stop lol) I love it! Wish I can bring it here & mod it & make it a track "Kart"

Hey do you guys think this old city can comply with Australian road standard? I am thinking of bring it over from NZ.

23-03-2010, 06:33 PM
no, unless you have the car more than 1 year in nz and bring it in as personal imports.